Rate my squat form Veeky Forums

Rate my squat form Veeky Forums
All input is appreciated

>inb4 only 135
I currently squat in the low 200's, I was just spending time with my dad at the gym and thought I might practice my form with some light weight on rest day
>inb4 running shoes
I'm home from uni on the weekend and don't bring my lifting shoes with me

Don't put me on blast, I know how you people are. Just judge my form

Looks fine to me

3/10
work on lockout
tighten up before you squat
knees out
bar shifts forward, fix your balance
do some mobility work for your hips

Looks good. I rate it 9.5/10

The form is fine for the most part, but squatting 135 for 1 rep is NOT representative of how you would squat working sets so it means fuck all. Also, your wrists should not be bent like that.

meant to say *walk out, not lockout

>wrists should not be bent
What's the benefit in keeping wrists straight with your arms? I've heard this recommended b4 but I didn't know what the reason was

3/10? Cmon, it wasn't THAT bad..

OP, these retards like to nitpick anything and everything they can possibly nitpick, so take what they say with a fist of salt. Your form is fine.

It's at a relatively low weight which I assume will be much more pronounced in actual working sets.

Not trying to hurt feelings but I'm not going to lie, it needs a lot of work. Could be a 7/10 squat in the next session.

it's a decent squat. don't be so nitpicky

You want the entirety of the weight sitting on your traps, with your wrists stabilizing, but not pushing, the weight.

Having them bent puts strain on them. If they are straight, there is no force acting on your wrists, your hands will be pushing the bar into your body so your body is holding it. Having bent wrists means some of the force is transferred into your wrists which puts strain on them.

critique generates improvement. OP asked for input, not a pat on the back. you're welcome to have your participation trophy.

it's just 1pl8, go lower

2,8/10

Too me it doesn't look perfect but it's not a squat that "needs a lot of work", implying that it's complete crap, in your words. You don't have to be an asshole

check'd

it's a noob squat. he's not being an asshole, he's being honest. don't be a fucking faggot. its good for someone who hasn't been squatting forever, but it's far from perfect.

change your shoes
twist floor apart with your feet more

other than that cant see anything from this angle and this low weight

OP here. I've been training on SS for about 2 months. My squats started out around 135
Bad or good progress?

you tell us. do you feel like you're a consistent squatter and you're making the progress you expect?

Take a video of you trying 90 percent your maximum if your looking for form criticism, not this dick swinging lightweight bullshit.

Well I make jumps in weight almost every workout. It's not 5 lbs each time like the program recommends (some days are harder than others), sometimes it's more, sometimes I use microplates

it literally doesnt matter how fast you progress,

just dont rush things into snapcity
i made that mistake once, was pulling 160kg and one day i was going through warmups like retard aand snapped my back on 3pl8
luckily it was just minor snappy

also this

>OP asks for criticism
>"c'mon user don't be critical!!!"

>inb4 only 135
The problem is that you only really can see the finer problems in someones form when they're squatting near max load. Everyone but complete retards squats fine at 50%RM.

That being said:
>you shift forward very noticeably on ascent
>you ankles seem to run out of ROM just before hitting bottom, could be the shoes
>neither your core nor upper back seems very tight

Overall, not terrible. But far from good. Just what you'd expect from someone who has been lifting for a couple months, just don't get complacent and it will be okay.