Is it retarded for me to only eat 1000 calories a day if I'm 365 pounds...

Is it retarded for me to only eat 1000 calories a day if I'm 365 pounds? I've been slacking off lately and want to accelerate the weight loss progress to make up for it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&t=609s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Enjoy your skin becoming a deflated balloon.

When I was 365lbs I could barely manage the idea of being on some kind of diet, let alone restrict myself to 1000 calories. I would regularly take in about 3000 untracked.

Good luck...

When will this meme end? No matter how fast you lose weight you will still look the same, be it deflated balloon or slightly deflated.

Many people will tell you no...but they're idiots.

A hard cut for the first few months if you are significantly overweight will see amazing fatloss results and help you to understand and learn to deal with being hungry.

After you've become a mere fatass then you're going to have to learn how to eat properly and go on a diet. You can cheat...but you can't simply pull up a chair and just eat everything in the snack aisle at walmart.

You're not that overweight, I would just start lifting so you don't have to worry about getting bigger later. As your fat turns into muscle it will make you look slimmer and more Veeky Forums. A 365 lb bearmode body is every Veeky Forumsizen's dream, so I say just go for it.

>365lb
>not that overweight

What the fuck?

OP look into IF, might make the lower intake easier. It worked for me personally, cant speak to super fatties though. Chug tons of green tea and coffee + water. Will help to suppress hunger. It comes in waves, if you can resist for a while it simply fades. IF can teach you to cope with hunger and how to reform your relationship with food.

Don't fall for the refeeding meme though and just regain it all.

>tfw MFP won't met me log a diary that's under 1200

Yeah I've been doing IF a little bit and it helps to feel like I'm eating a lot when I'm really not.

Sounds like a plan, my man.

>not that overweight
maybe if he was 10 feet tall

>fatty wants to lose weight fast

You will either quit midway or balloon back up when you feel you are done and begin overeating again.

yeah its retarded. you need to eat a bullet not calories

you probably want to just say intermittent fasting. obviously this fat fuck doesn't know what it is and its not like you can just google "IF" dumbass.

The most retarded part of this post is the fact you let yourself weigh 365 pounds.

Thanks for the motivation lads.

It's easy if you've been fat your whole life. All you need is some fat parents who don't know how to properly feed a child and then you're stuck on that path for most of your life until you have enough.

there no need for such a dramatic change in your diet. At 365 lbs even small positive improvements will make serious changes in you life and weight.

I guess I'm lucky that I grew up malnourished with parents who would beat me for eating.

>is it retarded for me to only eat 1,000 calories a day if I'm 365 pounds? I've been slacking off lately and want to accelerate the weight loss progress

>Yes it is retarded you will fail and need to begin again

>lol thanks for motivating me to do this thing I claimed I wasn't sure about doing

Look, do whatever you want. But if you are going to ignore people who answer your question with the answer you didn't want, why ask it in the first place?

Its retarded because you already admit you were slacking. Maybe pushing too hard will be a motivator for you. Even if it is, it won't help you keep the weight off when you believe you are finished dieting, which is the mindset a huge deficit like that will get you in.

I know a guy who ate 800cal for, according to him, 15 months. He lost a ton of weight. Now he's gaining it back because he never actually learned how to eat healthy, and he's fighting against all the same food vices he had before he lost the weight.

as much as a meme answer this sounds literally don't eat anything at all.

JUST youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&t=609s watch this

>Is it retarded for me to only eat 1000 calories a day?
Yes, because you probably won't. Set a more realistic goal, like 1400 - 1600 calories and try to develop a more active lifestyle.

Google "exercise intensity" and read the wiki page to find out what activities you should be doing to use your fat for energy so you burn some too while dieting. No need to do more than 200 to 300 calories of exercise a day while maintaining the

Human beings are not robots, to approach weight loss like you will stick to your diet always and never make mistakes is an ignorant approach. Your willpower will waver and the less you eat, the worse your willpower will be tested. As someone who successfully lost about 80lb this year, I believe the reason my diet was successful was because I didn't make it harder than it had to be. I still ate some foods I liked, and I only cut back further when I had to. My willpower wasn't tested too much and my diet was really successful because of that.

Also, "accelerating" the weight loss after you've been "slacking" as you said is called yoyo dieting. Have some patience with your diet. Don't be a hero for a week and then give up.

This entirely. The biggest difference for me between my current successful diet (61lbs down in 5 and a half months) and my failed diets is moderation. I try to stick to 1300 calories a day. Sometimes I'm a little over. Sometimes I eat food I know I shouldn't. But my weight loss is consistent and I know I can maintain this lifestyle at my lower TDEE when I get to my goal weight.

I understand why fat fucks want to lose the weight fast. I wish I could just make the rest of my belly disappear. But going on a crash diet only leads me to failure, and my understanding is that they are rarely successful in the long term precisely because they are a short term solution.

Not OP, but different strokes user.

I'm on a water fast erryday until lunch, then I eat a normal sized meal, and fast until the next days meal. I always keep my water bottle with me. I'd be surprised if I'm breaking much for than 1000cal per day.

250lb to 205lb so far. At first the hunger (but mostly sugar) cravings were nasty as fuck. Now I'm pretty comfortable just not eating until my evening meal.

Today was fish in butter sauce with brocc and cabbage, and a mineral supplement. If I get hungry, which is rare, I'll allow myself something small, so I don't fall into eating disorder mindset.

I tried to have a cheat day a while back, just in case I was stalling my weight loss, and I found that a normal sized fast food meal and desert filled me up the entire day.

But then, I got fat over a decade, eating shit instead of proper food (packet of biscuits instead of supper), which I've already fixed.

It's not going to be a challenge to maintain (and if anything, I'll have to eat more so I can build), because to even accomplish the diet I had to turn my unhealthy habits around, and I was never one to binge even at my worst. Cutting out the beer was the hardest part.

It is definitely possible but you're a huge lard so I doubt you have any willpower. You need to start small. Don't deprive yourself of food because you think it'll help you: it won't. You're just going to cave and eat way more than you should.

I started at 360 then had a health scare back in February with my colon. Couldn't shit properly for two weeks. Turned out to be nothing, but it motivated me to start losing weight. I'm down below 300 now, 295 at last weigh in, and I'm feeling loads better.

If you try to set an unrealistic goal like that then you will probably fail. I'm on a 3000 calorie diet right now but I typically burn about 4000 in a day, if my calorie counter is to be believed. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day and I bike/walk/hike/weightlift daily on top of it, and my progress has been relatively steady for some time now.

And if you think 3000 is a lot, well, before I actually started losing I was eating a hell of a lot. Probably 4000-5000 in a typical day. And not exercising at all.

Progress should be gradual, user. If you only eat 1000 calories you'll be fucking miserable and your health will suffer. When you're that fucking big simply moving around burns more calories than most people. Weight loss will have you feeling hungry all the time but if you're used to stuffing your face it will drive you fucking insane. You won't be able to sleep properly or concentrate on what you're doing. Focus first on training yourself to be satisfied with smaller portions, still eating whatever but a lot less of it. Once you're used to being satisfied with less, really step it up and start counting calories properly, and figure out how much you burn in a day and set a realistic deficit that you can stick to without suffering too much for it.

Eventually you might be able to get to a place where you can pull off a severe calorie deficit, but trust me when I say that, psychologically speaking, I think you're setting yourself up for failure. You have to build up to this shit. You can't just get up one day and run a fucking marathon. You need to train for it. You need to train your whole body for fitness, and that includes your GI tract. Baby steps, user.