If 5x5 is the best for strength training, what is the best for weight loss? 4x10? 3x12?

If 5x5 is the best for strength training, what is the best for weight loss? 4x10? 3x12?

3xF fork putdowns

When it comes to lifting?

Circuits.

Apparently strength is da bess for cutting

more strength = more weight loss.

so the same as strength training.

It literally doesn't matter. Everything burns calories, but strength work will probably result in the biggest increase to your TDEE. Just do what you're already doing but eat less and add some cardio or HIIT.

Explain.

I'm doing 4x8 full body lifting stuff on mon/wed/fri and cardio stuff on sun/tues/thurs, 8:16 on lift days and 2:22 on cardio days

>that pic
What's wrong with fat woman's brain?

more strength = more muscle
more muscle = higher resting metabolic rate
higher resting metabolic rate = more energy needed to keep your body going
more energy needed = more calories burned passively

4x8=32, 32x3=96

96 reps per week is pretty decent volume for gains, and 8 reps at RPE 8 is supposed to be good for size.

i think they're referring to the fact that the more muscle you have the more calories you'll burn while resting

it should be fairly obvious to anyone who has even half thought about it that there are more efficient workouts for fat loss than just doing heavy triples

this is bad advice, it doesn't take into account the fact that you've got to eat at a surplus to put on a non-negligible amount of muscle

same colour as other fat in image so i assume its lumps of fat at the back of the head

1.The more muscle = higher metabolism at rest thing is absolute bullshit.
2.Strength training is quite honestly inferior for optimal muscle mass gains.
3.If you're talking about the energy used to rebuild during recovery, then natural bodybuilding and high intensity workouts takes far more to heal from.

Strength training is absolute shit for excess adipose tissue loss.

Also because, for example, the difference in TDEE between a 180 and 200 lbs guy is only ~150 calories.
Eating 150 less calories is much easier than putting on 20 lbs, especially when your overall goal is fat loss.

So if I want to be less of a fatass, more cardio instead? I don't even enjoy lifting so I wouldn't mind this.

do p90x or whatever the meme exercise fad is nowadays

You can also just eat less fat ass.

Not quite that simple.
Retaining and building muscle mass and basic levels of strength is a good way to increase your NEAT levels.
To that end any form of resistance will help. I know that seems to fly in the face of what I said, but trust me.
Lastly, if you want to be less of a fat ass you need to do three things.\
1.Eat less and oft better.
2.Move more. I don't mean exercise I mean sitting on your ass less
3.Maintain your muscle mass by at least doing basic bodyweight stuff like pushups wall sits squats bridges etc

If you do the above, anything absolutely anything you do will be gravy.

Cardio? Awesome
p90x? Great
SS? Cool
Basicbitch cardiobunny routine? Fantastic