Waist to Hip Ratio

I consider myself to be quite curvy, but my waist to hip ratio says I'm an apple shape? Is this really considered an apple shape? i.imgur.com/QgWS3YQ.jpg?1

It also says I have an increased risk of coronary heart disease at .82 WHR. Am I really that fat? I definitely don't think I look like anything in between .80 and .85 in this image so I'm thinking somehow I did something wrong... Although I guess I wouldn't consider them fat either. I think I look more like a .60-.65.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/AHriFqM.jpg
i.imgur.com/hT4Z6Ej.jpg
i.imgur.com/yvwr5W2.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist–hip_ratio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

take a picture in the same pose as your diagram and you'll see you look exactly like 0.8

i'm like a .75 and im not fat. it's possible you're just built the way you're built.

>Grainy, dark picture
>wearing a ton of clothing

Do this wearing a lot less so we can actually see your body so we can actually judge. If you want to fish for compliments then go to or .

This is also me?
i.imgur.com/AHriFqM.jpg

You're .8

I guess. I just always get called curvy/call myself curvy so I guess I can't do that anymore...and my minds a bit blown.

Definitely not fishing for compliments especially since these are awful photos of me. Just genuinely confused.

rachel??

wow the resemblance is uncanny. that's a SOLID 0.8

time to cut

lol, sorry, not a Rachel.

Well okay I guess.

you dont have wide hips. im a .65 and my hips are far more prominent than yours.

I'll only date girls that are 0.5 and lower desu. I don't even mind if a girl's fat if she has wide as fuck hips

yeah, that's narrow as fuck. also, you're not asking a fucking question, ditch the question mark princess.

I always thought my hips were borderline TOO wide, so this is really blowing my mind right now desu.

Tbh you're waist ain't that small. You're probably at about 20-23% body fat. That's not particularly bad, but losing about 8-12lbs of fat would make a significant difference.

Those are disgustingly wide hips IMO but to each their own. I guess maybe that's where the confusion comes from along with the image in the OP which definitely isn't representative of my shape. When I think wide hips I think my hips. When I think thunder thighs I think images like that.

More like a refrigerator than an apple if you ask me

Oh fuck off.

>Those are disgustingly wide hips
sour grapes, etc.

>When I think wide hips I think my hips
If that's true, you are delusional. don't kid yourself, your 0.8 hips are barely wider than a mans.

Jesus christ this roastie has genova level delusions

I've literally always been complimented on my curvy figure and always viewed my hips as wide. Even too wide.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or not. Maybe I just live in an area with much less than curvy women or something because I'm so confused right now.

>I've literally always been complimented on my curvy figure and always viewed my hips as wide. Even too wide.
that's not true and you know it. you're insecure about how wide your hips are, that's the reason you made this thread. many people have confirmed that you don't have wide hips, accept it and move on instead of being in denial. if you're not lying about people complimenting your figure then they were lying.

Here's another woman with perfect hips. I doubt any man would qualify her as disgusting, ideal would be the word most would use.

You're either trolling me or black.

The woman you just posted is a fat fuck. This is an example of perfect hips

>hey bih could I measure your waist and hips?
>*does calculations*
>lol sorry bye

your denial will wear off eventually

I don't know what's real anymore so I'm just never going to talk about my figure again.

You're in the wrong place if you expect a straight answer. If this board is legitimately being detrimental to your self image, I suggest taking your questions elsewhere, and I don't meant that in a dismissive way.

>you're saying that because I'm a girl

Partially, and that's why nobody here is giving you constructive criticism. You're in the wrong place asking the wrong questions. Veeky Forums is for trolling and for circlejerking

That and the queers and girls and geared up chicks with self esteem issues will shit on you hardcore.

Or give us a better pic, can't give feedback from a few blurred pixels

I don't care much about my self-image, I was just genuinely confused because I never would have expected to be defined as an apple shape. It's fine with me but I just can't wrap my head around it because I see myself and feel my hips and think they're definitely on the large side. I also don't think I look anything like that image says I'm supposed to. So that part threw me off even more and made me wonder if I did something wrong.

Sorry, those are the only photos I'm comfortable showing that you can see my hips in. Me in a bikini would show my hips more definitively but wouldn't make much difference anyway. Still basically the same shape, maybe hips would look a little more prominent but not by much.

absolutely sickening

I suggest avoiding WHR as a metric because there's too much variation involved and sticking with a combination of BMI and body fat percentage

JUST

>may 15, 2017

Let's see what you look like after 4 months bb

im at work but this is 1 month after. i started a bulk 2 days before that 1st pic

Is this a T shape?

Didn't say bikini, just a clear photo would work

I diagnose both of you with low test, better get on dat TRT pronto. in the meantime, this'll help

She could give birth to a baby elephant

I like that hour glass figure

What do those glutes look like?

What's her fucking name!?

>this is also me?
why are you making it a question you roastie how are we supossed to know if thats you or not?

This made me lol.

But I put the question mark to imply that I'm asking them if they still think the same after seeing a picture that's more similar to the pose in the diagram. I thought that was obvious, sorry.

Whilst, being on this board, I completely understand body dysmorphia, 0.6 and 0.65 are borderline pear shaped (.6 especially). Do you really think you are pear shaped? I'm having trouble believing you didn't just want "holy fugg LONDNo" comments

You do have a defined waist but your hips are proportional to the rest of you. That's something to be happy about. really. You're built the way you're built

So yeah you're apple, banana, whatever the magazines are calling it lately but you're still slim and your body is still something to be proud of. So you're not conventionally "curvy" who the fuck cares. Keep yourself in shape and worry about the things you can change not arbitrary measures like whr

>doesn't get the compliments she was fishing for
>accuses of troll, insert race shit here

right now I understand why you made this thread. Wewww.

Your hips aren't large. You plugged numbers into a calculator and got an objective number. If that's enough to fuck up your whole self image, get off the internet.

Girl you actually think you look like 0.6-0.65? Not even trying to be mean but you need to get real because thinking you're slimmer than you are is a slippery slope. You may have wide hips but you also have a wide waist so it doesn't mean you're curvy.

>Am I really that fat?
What are your measurements? Height and weight? You might just be built thick but it does look like you're approaching overweight bmi.

All because people told you your almost 1:1 waist hip ratio is not the .6 you thought it was? Please stay, with body dysmorphia like that, you'll Veeky Forums right in.

Better than OP

I think I'm at the very most a .7. I look in the mirror every day and I am definitely not anything above that as shown by the diagram. I'm just not.

Stooping to low levels here, but this is also me. i.imgur.com/hT4Z6Ej.jpg
i.imgur.com/yvwr5W2.jpg

I'm starting to see how from those photos I have averagely sized hips, but yeah in the mirror and when I feel them, they're large. I'm okay with small hips completely but this just doesn't seem accurate. I feel like the diagram has to be wrong. I've been called pear shaped and people comment on my wide hips too.

Sorry I went on a ramble there but your post was really sweet. I'm content with my body, just confused at the moment.Thank you for the sweet words.

0.6-0.65 is the ratio and doesn't really have anything to do with slimness. And yeah, at most I'd say I could look like a .7, but nothing above. How am I the only one who sees this? Do I need to go to therapy for this?

I have thick bones but I'm not confused about my weight, I know I could lose some weight, but am not overweight. I'm confused about my ratio because anything above .7 is basically a straight line and mine obviously is not.

Yes, the ratio does have to do with slimness (as well as bone structure). Your hips are set on bone, your waist is set on fat. Losing weight drops inches from your waist much more than from your hips.
>t. girl who lost 100 lbs

You're obsessing over this diagram too much, the numbers are telling you your answer. If you want to know what you look like from behind then find a mirror, turn around, stand neutral and hold your phone over your head to take a picture. Yoga twists and hip pops will make anyone look curvy.

My waist is bonier than my hips though. Very little fat really.

>i.imgur.com/yvwr5W2.jpg
Oh this chick, you've made threads here before

It really depends on body shape. I'm an inverted triangle with very narrow hip-bones and even though I have a small waist, just measuring from the front, I wouldn't be able to get that hourglass shape.

However, even though I look like a .8 from the front, circumference-wise I'm at .7 (halleluja, strong glutes)

I wouldn't call you curvier than average, just slightly wider. I'm not saying this as a negative as you are not fat or ugly.

I know several of good looking girls with the same bone structure as you so honestly don't worry about it.

I too have wide hips (for a male) and I used to be really self conscious about them but know I don't give a fuck because no one even cares and several girls have told me that I am cute so it doesn't matter in the end so long they don't make me unattractive.

Also why are you racist? I hope you were trying to be funny rather than actually believing that. Only in Veeky Forums can racism be cool.

Yeah that makes sense. Maybe my butt is the reason for the confusion.

I'm not racist and I should be more careful about the ideas I might unintentionally promote, but I was just joking because it's a stereotype that black men love very thick and curvy women, and that woman was kind of freakishly curvy in my opinion but a stereotypical black man would have different standards than me. Wasn't trying to be derogatory honestly though.

Look at pic related, this is an actual anorexic woman and even she doesn't have a bony waist (ribs are not waist).

Look, you have the numbers in front of you, objectively giving you a measure of your body. You can choose to ignore them and keep telling yourself "oh I don't look like that, no way I'm that bad" but I'm letting you know from experience that that's how you end up a fat fuck.
Protip: guys will call you curvy when they're trying to fuck you

Girl you're on the bed, pushing one hip ALL the way out. If that is the photo that makes you think you have very wide hips, don't trust it. However your hips are fine as they are. Don't sweat it

Again, my confusion has nothing to do with my weight. It's the ratio between my waist and hips. But I don't even care, it's just been confusing me. But yeah I guess I was talking about my ribs as my waist.

And I literally don't look like that and I don't think it's bad necessarily, again, it just confused me. My family calls me curvy all the time and I'm pretty sure they're not trying to fuck me but it's okay I'll just not call myself curvy anymore, I don't actually care.

The mirror makes me think I have wide hips, not the photos. But thank you. I'm not sweating it it's just that I don't like being confused. I'm content with my body no matter what, just genuinely had my mind blown.

It's not like, "Oh my god, I'm not an hourglass, I must be hideous!" It's more like, "This is contradictory to everything I see/have been told and I'm confused about what shape I actually am and if I need therapy or a new mirror."

Skinny big booty looks good on anyone, I feel like everyone on here has weirdly high standards. Most likely because virtually none of the people on here are content with their own bodies and so project onto everyone else. Lose some weight gain more ass and genetics won't matter anymore.

Fair enough. The point I'm trying to make is that losing weight will reduce this ratio, and from your posts it certainly seems like you want that. You're also on a health and fitness board so I'm just pointing out that your ratio is just 0.03 away from abdominal obesity. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist–hip_ratio