Training everyday

Has anyone tried working muscles on consecutive days. I know the common logic is to give a window of recovery time, but i've become skeptical of the orthodoxy around lifting, and am planning on doing low volume full body workouts everyday. Any experiences?

It might just be my imagination, but I've been trying it for a few months and it looks like my traps and forearms are growing faster than usual.
I think fish oil supplements help against joint pain, otherwise have had no issues besides slight doms

bump

Honestly most people don't work hard enough for a rest day to actually be valid.

And you do? Lmao

thoughts on working abs every day?

That's pretty standard stuff for a lot of routines

Old timers used to do this I think

OP
few months ago. I was the same as you. skeptical of this 'rest day' stuff. seem like pussy shit
so i started doing yates' method ( essentially one - MAYBE two sets to complete failure) all muscle groups every day. no joke made the same amount of hypertrophy gains in 4 months than i probably would have in a year if i was taking 'rest days'

delet this thread now
we dont want everyone else knowing the ez way to make gains

I think rest days are a meme pushed by steroid users who have all the test they need artificially to allow rest days. They can get away with it cause steroids more than make up for stimulating growth.

Rest days are a meme. I've been thinking of squatting every day.

Link to routine?

>i've become skeptical of the orthodoxy around lifting

Good. Once you've done this, you become free.

Its just fucking genetics guys. There are no hacks.

Just finished my first cycle of squat nemesis a month ago and it was brutal. Squatting 5 days in a row with no rest days will destroy you but my quads grew an inch and a half on it.

your knees and back will take a beating if your not careful.

>can you perform squats daily
yes
>can you do a high volume overloading squat workout daily
no

how often you can do X or Y depends on how you manipulate volume and intensity in your programming

ive been working out 6 days a week with 8 hour rest. no problem yet and have seen some nice gains

It works for muscle groups that are used everyday - calves, abs, delts to some degree.

It's different overall though.
You'll have results to start out with, but the fatigue will catch up fast and you won't progress unless you deload frequently, which makes it pretty pointless. It's like going for your max everyday. You can do it, and you'll rogress a lot quickly, but if you're not taking anything, your recovery won't happen fast enough to maintain that program. I don't really see why it'd change depending on volume/intensity either, both require recovery.

>anecdote
I had a friend who started pushing really hard when we worked out to try to out lift me. Which he did. For a few weeks.
After that, he made no progress and gained no muscle, meanwhile I kept progressing slowly until I passed him by a wide margin. This is the reason behind a lot of gym bros "suddenly hitting a plateu". I've never plateued or deloaded because I make sure to never overreach.

he just told you the routine

I guess there's no need to delet secret routine when half of Veeky Forums doesn't know what the fuck 2 sets to failure for every muscle group means

delts everyday on top of hitting them on chest and back day? really? I know calves abs, forearms and that kind of thing, but delts everyday seems like ticket to shoulder wreckage land

rear delts, lateral delts, biceps can all take a lot of volume and frequency

>It's like going for your max everyday

Should I not be doing this? I do a PPL and I try to bench my max every push day.

its arguably not optimal but it works for a lot of people. I personally do the same routine every day with maybe a different accessory at the end if i even do one.

Lifting should be fun amd making it personal guarantees that. Just pay attention to how your body reacts to whatever you throw at it. Find ways to progress and adjust accordingly.

I noticed by lifting daily i dont get good days or bad days, which is something that would drive me crazy. There were days i can lift 20 extra pounds and then there were days i have to drop 90+pounds to be able to do an exercise. Lifting daily it seems i can repeat my workout no matter what. I can not eat and not sleep 4 days in a row and probably still manage to lift my maxes. With rest days i could have had perfect sleep and diet and when i got to the gym i just couldnt lift a thing. When i get rest days by accident i notice my body crashes and the following few days suck.

I only know some guys who suddenly started doing tons of daily pushups and while they didn't get huge, they all made enough visible gains in about 2 months to get openly mired by most people they know

you can do it for a couple days but i don't think you could do it 7x a week for anything beyond a cardio routine

>never even implied
Why does Veeky Forums attract so many aspies?

I only take days off if I'm too busy to workout (usually for social reasons) or I'm just not feeling good. I train at home though so it's easy to stick to a daily regime.

kek'd

also, apparently google is an unkown thing to users of a malaysian midget wrestling league enthusiast forum

I think that's fine because you get 3 days rest between push days, I also push for max 5x5 with squat, deadlift and bench desu.

Oh wait you have to alternate between heavy bench and heavy OHP on push day, so you should be maxing bench once a week. Sorry I was confused for a sec.

B U L G A R I A N L I G H T