Broccoli soup?

Should you drink the water left over in the pot after cooking broccoli? Does it have extra nutrients, or is it pointless? Could it be harmful?

Pic related is the broccoli I'm cooking up atm

how old are you

Uhhhhhh

You steam the broccoli, you dip.

I too am interested in this question, but for oranges instead

Oh wait I may have actually known this. You're not suppose to boil it?

>he doesn't add a inch of water in a pot of broccoli and turn the knob up to six
>put the lid on
>wait till it starts smelling
>steamed broccoli

>boiling broccoli
>not steaming it
ISHYDDT

wtf are you doing

Clearly older than you fucking name fag

Literally why the fuck would you boil an orange?

too make orange juice, you fucking nigger

My thread has been fucking hijacked

The only vegetables that you should boil/bake/steam are ones that are difficult to eat otherwise. Like beets or yams.

Toddlers may also require soft vegetables.

to cook it?

A) You should steam your broccoli. look up lifehacks on how to do it easy if you don't have a steamer.

B) Call me fucking weird but I prefer my broccoli (and most veggies) raw. No sauce. Straight to the dome. Like a fucking rabbit.

C) I love veggie water. Every time I open canned olives, corn (and even tuna) I fucking drink the canning juice straight out the fucking can.

LOVE IT

wont you burn the sugar? Makes it all bitter and stuff

Look up Russian jam called Varenye or Russian fruit punch called Kompot. Cooked just like that.

yeah, that's the point, sugar isn't good for you.

Oh god here we go again

>dude lmao sugar is fine in moderation
>dude lmao smoking cigarettes is fine in moderation
>dude lmao drinking poison is fine in moderation

N A T U R A L SUGAR IS ESSENTIAL TO STAYING ALIVE

IF YOU CUT OUT ALL YOUR NATURAL SUGAR YOU WILL DIE at the very least be malnourished and weak

never seen anyone get fat off straight oranges (NOT OJ)

whole fruit is good food

Even microwaving broccoli is better than boiling

just microwave broccoli with some water

>white people

Because eating enough oranges to get fat is hard. That pulpy skin whatever gets brutal after awhile.

No you shouldn't
The solution is eat more broccoli for nutrients.

Similar situation as say a banana peel.

Back to Tumblr.

That's just a meme fad. Sugar is sugar, there's no difference between the sugar in a can of Coke and an Apple.
Just because it doesn't make you fat doesn't mean it's healthy. Calories in/Calories out is all that matters in terms of weight loss/gain.

yes it works as vegetable stock

also nothing wrong with blanching broccoli you fucking autists

What a fucking waste of life lmao

This. Wash it off in the sink then wrap it in tin foil while it's still wet and pop that in the microwave

>tin foil
>microwave

OP is such a retard that he would do it

you trying to tell me you can use broccoli water as vegetable stock? fucking retard

>what is a micronutrient

DAMN YOU WIERD

of course not retard, it can be dangerous

Boiling broccoli is fine as long as you only do it for about a minute. Literally take it out as soon as it turns bright green.

When you boil Broccoli, the ascorbic acid (Vit C) goes into solution instead of remaining in plant. Other polyphenolic/phenolic compounds boil out too, or don't tolerate high heat. The water is safe to drink, but probably bitter and unpleasant. It wouldn't be harmful unless you didn't wash your produce and even then that's pesticide dependent. I prefer mine just raw lightly steamed, or in a curry or other soup where drinking its solute is the point.

No point really.
If you want you can make a stock by boiling broccoli stalks/leaves with other veg off cuts, chuck in an onion, some celery, carrots, leek tops whatever. Strain it, discard the solids, then use it as a base for other soups or season it and drink it with bread. Veggie stock is cheap at the supermarket though so unless you like cooking I probably wouldn't bother.

You trying to tell me you can't?

Boiling water is 100 degrees top
Sugar doesn't even melt at that temperature

>there's no difference between the sugar in a can of Coke and an Apple

>there's no difference between the sugar in a can of Coke and an Apple
Please be joking

>namefag
back to your containment board /b/tard

raw broccoli is healthier (sulphurophane)

Steaming is the same as boiling OP, don't listen to these nu-male faggots. They both use heat, steam even more so. At least you can boil them on a simmer, steam is just full blown hotness.

Just eat it raw

>Steam at 100°C is hotter than water at 100°C
Were you homeschooled?