Redpill me on the Z press

Is it better than seated dumbell press?

>Redpill me on the Z press
It looks gay as fuck, is someone's retarded idea to coin an exercise, and other exercises do the same thing.

Fpbp

The amount of stress it puts on the lumbar spine is fucking insane.
Also it's literally an accessory for an accessory. OPH helps increase your bench. If you start running variations of accessories you wont see the end of it.

Wat? It's the strictest press you can do... no pressure on lumbars

Also it's only an accessory if you're a powerlifter. Bench isn't a main movement in life, you can literally train overhead press instead of bench if you choose. Or bicep curls or rows.

If you have to ask about z press, you cannot afford it.

XYZ your way out my business

Is that a beerfest reference?

Decent strength exercise, but for function and skill prefer classic Sots press.

its probably the most natural lifting movement. early bc humans lifting logs over their head after trying to start a fire, or move rocks and mud to build a shelter, etc. It's a very important lift that pretty much every bodybuilder incorporates

I have literally never once seen anyone do OHP while sitting on their ass.
Doesn't even provide any benefit

meme dog shit

A lot of bodybuilder don't do it, it is very injury prone.

I hope someone looks back on this photo in 100 years and thinks, "those cunts were so backward back then."

It's tacky and should be disguarded just like generation Z.

>I don't even lift: the post

Ah yes the caveman would see a log he needs to carry back him he would proceed to sit on his ass z press it and then shuffle his asscheeks left and right till he got home.

The Z Press is a joke.

>Squat, bench, standing overhead press, deadlifts, power cleans, rows, pull-ups, and yes, even curls

These are movement patterns you use in real life.

When has anyone ever had to do anything like a Z Press?

Kek

he's right though
sitting makes it very hard on the spine

>2017
>not doing X Press

it's like you don't even want to make Z press gains