>>42929009

what part of everything in moderation do you retards not understand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTr3S2Bqlow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248601/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you didnt eat salt youd die

do they not teach basic human body functions in burgerland anymore?

Except the RDI is less than 2000mg, which according to the graph is dangerous as fuck. It's a graph, that's hard science!

Yeah salts good for you, go ahead and swallow a couple fistfulls every day, you'll be in perfect health

What the fuck do you think an electrolyte is? Of course salt is good for you! Just not in the amount the average person eats.

No, they really don't.

>Salts are not required and if you understand it's importance it means you need to consume straight
You sure got em good lad.

Do they teach you about evolution? Just curious.

You don't need salt. There is enough sodium in every food to make up for your needs. Use potassium chloride instead if you don't have any heart or kidney disease.

People like to largely overcomplicate nutrition. Plus you gotta sell meme diets to consumers and certain groups selling less than healthy foods. As long as you are drinking enough water, getting your protein in, getting your fats in, getting your complex carbs in and getting your needed micronutrition and training, you are going to be good. Maybe you will die from a heart attack at the age of 80, but who fucking cares, at that age worrying about not dying is basically pointless.

salt is sodium
if you don't each sodium, you die
that includes sodium enriched foods

The efforts to demonise certain foods are the result of failing to accept that excess calories are responsible for most dietary health problems. This partly political because there's nothing a government can do about over-eating whereas food scares can be used to justify various government programs.

OP here. My concern is that I just never use salt. My average sodium intake for this week has only averaged out to 1600mg/day, just eating what I normally eat without having sodium on my radar one way or another - and that's including the addition of a rare burger and chips, so my normal average is probably even lower (todays is 1300).
Do I need to be getting more? Growing up, everyone acted like it was pure poison, so it's just never an instinct to add it to anything.

Trans fat is pretty much the only thing on any nutrition label that is 100% bad for you and should be avoided at all costs. Everything else is a legitimate nutrient that you need in some form or another, and you just have to take care to get those nutrients from the right sources and in the right quantities.

Stop reading health blogs and pick up an actual textbook on nutrition at some point and you'll learn this very quickly.

honestly, are you paid by that idiot to post his videos?

No, salt is important but not to much of it. 6g is perfect everyday. There is no point to his video, since every single expert has sattled on this.

>6g is perfect everyday.
Of salt or sodium? Either way, it's WAY more than I'm getting.

Depends, most public schools do, but there are countless christian "private" schools that don't

I'm talking about Salt, not sodium. 6g of salt should be the limit, thats about 2400 in sodium.

season your food dumbass

and make sure you get a balance of all electrolytes, eat vegetables with potassium, take magnesium

Oh look, more alarmist articles which are blowing correlation-based evidence out of proportion, with weak to zero causative basis.

youtube.com/watch?v=eTr3S2Bqlow

this may interest you.

Nothing is bad for you in proper doses, But when youre 100lbs overweight then a big amount of fat and salt isnt good for you as you have been eating too much of it for years.

The only thing you could argue about not being good for you are trans-fat.
And some people are more sensitive to cholestrol than others, but that only mean they can eat less of it, not avoid it.

>Why is it that everything reported to be bad for you keeps turning out to be somewhere on the scale of 'not bad at all' to 'fucking vital for staying alive'?

Because you get all of your information from media that presents every contradictory study as if it's "the new big study that determines what is true now and everything before it didn't matter" with no regard for context or to explain its findings in light of what we already knew.

thats why I always eat only 30ml of mercury

Try not to make retarded arguments.
There are small amounts of toxins like cyanide in vegetables, but those miniscule amounts activates certain genes, which improves your health. Its one of the reasons why vegetables are healthy.

I doubt theres 2400g of sodium in 6g of salt user

I actually had to read this twice to make sure it was the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

HAHAHAHAHA

Show me where this article explains that eating small amounts of cyanide is healthier than having not eaten it.

Look up hormesis you dumb fucks.

>Within the hormetic zone there is generally a favorable biological responses to low exposures to toxins and other stressors. Hormesis comes from Greek hórmēsis "rapid motion, eagerness", itself from ancient Greek hormáein "to set in motion, impel, urge on". A pollutant or toxin showing hormesis thus has the opposite effect in small doses as in large doses.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248601/
>A common observation in studies of hormesis is that exposure to low levels of one type of hormetic agent can protect cells/organisms against more than one type of stress. For example, exposure of cells to mild heat stress can protect them from being damaged by oxidative stress or toxins such as cyanide (Li et al., 2002).

Dont try to act like a smartass if you dont know what youre talking about.

What he said. Did you ever think high sodium intake could conflate with better standard of living?

From your own source: ...because the relatively low amount of phytochemicals typically consumed is unlikely to achieve direct antioxidant (micromolar) concentrations in cells...

Nice way to try to move the goalpost. I mentioned that small amounts of toxins have a beneficial effect. You then disregards hormesis as a whole and go into one study to pick on cyanide.

Just read up on hormesis if you want to learn, or keep moving the goalpost is you dont like to be wrong or learn.

Nowhere in either the wiki article or the study you posted said anything about the benefits of eating small amounts of toxins
Maybe you should learn to read before you quote sources above your comprehension

jesus christ, you are mental

Im not gonna sit here an spoon feed you studies and articles. Hormesis is a real effect. There are many reaserches who talks about it and the evidence for it (Dr.Rhonda Patrick is one of them) If you want to know more about then simply search it for yourself

Its induced by what you eat, caloric restriction, exercise and other factors.

The most trusted sources of information on nutrition are extremely corrupt and are bought off by food companies so you can not trust a word they say. Just eat natural foods when you can and you will be fine. If you change your entire lifestyle every time the FDA comes out with a new bogus study you are just a slave to the corporations who control them.