CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT FAGS BTFO

CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT FAGS BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII

how do fit people exist then

Fuck I've been wasting my time with calorie deficits then. Are there any weight loss programs/regiments out there that ARENT memes?

>Are there any weight loss programs/regiments out there that ARENT memes?
yes, counting calories. one dumbass youtube video doesn't mean the laws of physics stop existing, retard

Yeah But he says in the video that cico is bullshit and that it's your hormones that really call the shots on weight loss with actual proof from studies

>studies
>actual proof
have you ever taken a fucking statistics class?
>but he says in the video its bullshit!
he's wrong, dumbfuck

Fuck, that means all my climbing and running gains are really just my imagination!

Insulin my nigga, not CICO

I find that people who blindly claim insulin does X are quite uneducated

>up to 70%
>up to
Those who burn 70% muscle are most likely outliers and make up less than 1% of the population.

Hol up, hol up, lemme explain
It depends how starved of glycogen your muscles and liver are
You are going into de novo lipogenesis automatically if you eat carbs when your glycogen reserves are full, that's why it's not about CICO

That's literally retarded, how would bulk/cut cycles ever work if that was the case?

Or did I just fall for easy bait? I don't even know any more

Did anyone even watch the video? All it says is tracking your macros is a crucial component of calorie counting - not that CICO is garbage. This info is literally in the sticky.

>glycogen = muscle
Full retard

>studies say
I will not click on that link to look for the pubmed article

all these details about insulin response are misleading at best and outright false at worst.

reality is, if the food you eat nets more energy than you expend, then your body mass will increase. if your food nets less energy than you expend, then your body mass will decrease.
there is no way around this, and this is the ONLY way to actually manipulate your total body mass (aside from surgery memes).
now when it comes to whether you gain/lose muscle or fat, that depends on a lot of details, like your testosterone levels, protein intake, and exercise regimen. read the sticky to find out more about this.

but when it just comes to generic "i want to lose fat" stuff, CICO is all you need to know or care about.

STUDIES SHOW OP IS A FAT FAGGOT
FATTIES BTFO

>Eat at a huge deficit but it's only carb
>Shut down muh fat burning enzyme because of le evil insulin boogeyman
>Can't burn fat
>Die

Really make you think

you know this channel is a satire, right?
how come you guys always post this guys video and don't know that.

If anyone wants a refutation of the claim within the thumbnail, pick up a copy of Stryer -- essentially the bible of undergrad biochem. Chapter on metabolism -- pay attention to effects of fasting. Fat loss is prioritized over muscle loss by a large margin.

GO ON ABOUT YOUR DAY FOLKS, AND DO NOT USE YOUTUBE VIDEOS AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR ACTUAL ACADEMIC RESEARCH

Med student here

First of all the video is accurate and shouldn't be ignored. However OP is using a screendump out of context to make it look like dieting doesn't work because he's probably a fatass.

The video mentions that if you're JUST looking at eating less kcals WITHOUT changing your diet, your body will tend to burn off EXCESSIVE muscle first instead of fat (which is logical as fat is meant to act as an energy storage, not muscle) BECAUSE you will still be taking in an excessive amount of carbohydrates,sugars, and fats, and too little of protein and valuable micronutrients. This is BAD because

1. It results in higher INSULIN levels which blocks leptin receptors which RESULTS in you feeling hungry and shitty all the time (unless you eat more but then you're not dieting anymore).

2. not eating enough protein promotes the loss of muscle.

3. eating a high amount of carbohydrates (which is 99% the case if you have to go on a diet) results in more fat, as carbohydrates are 3x more likely to hold water compared to other nutrients.

That's the reason why OP's screendump looks so scary, it's because most people are too lazy to do some research and only look at their kcal intake.

TL;DR
1.Don't just look at your kcal intake, your macronutrients are equally if not more important.
2. Keep lifting weights, your body burns EXCESSIVE muscles instead of fat, if you keep lifting you will retain more muscle.

also OP is a fatass

>>med student here
>muscle burned before fat

Wew if this is the current state of med schooling then we're all fucked

too true, med students aren't really an authority on biochemistry anyway

Convince me that this individual has done the proper research and has the right educational/experienced background to be considered an expert on the subject of dietary nutrition.

Of he had said on a suicide cut, that'd be different. But the fact that even he believes that going from 3000+ to 1500-1800 will promote muscle loss is a fucking joke.

note how I mentioned "excessive" muscle, brainlet
I studied biomedical chemistry before I started medicine. Subjects like "metabolism" are overlapping.

Define "excessive" you dipshit. You reek of a dude in undergrad who took nutrition or a 200 level biochem course and wants to flaunt it.

They eat more, not less

google it dumbass?

"going beyond the necessary"
If you lift weights often but suddenly only do cardio when dieting your muscles will become excessive as you're no longer using them and therefore your body will assume you don't really need them anymore.

Not really hard to understand no?

If you just eat meat, veggies, fruits and drink water you don't have to worry about calories.

When someone try's to talk about objectives in ambiguous terms like "excessive muscle", it sounds like someone who doesn't know what genre talking about but still wants to weigh in.

Stop posting as a med student, because that credential clearly hasn't helped you in this thread.

>meat

Um, sweetie...

What about fish?

>any living creature

Honey, please...

They ain't living when I eat them, mom

>killing things for eating

You should be ashamed

It's not me that kills them.

Oh, I didn't know you were a herbivore at the bottom of the food chain. Sorry. I'll just enjoy the perks of being an omnivore and eat all the delicious meat I want.

however "excessive" is not an ambiguous term?
It doesn't mean the same as"too much" which you might be thinking unless you're shitposting/thickheaded.

what if my bodies energy conversion efficiency is only 60%?

but he still didn't kill the chicken.
You as an individual will not lessen the amount of chickens that get killed by not eating meat that's already served on the racks.
Not everyone is going to turn magically vegan.

but hey good morals I guess

I only eat roadkill, morally I win

Muscle(protein) is calories also numb nuts. Calories in calories out stands true

> your body will interpret the lack

hold it right there
is this guy seriously antromorphizing human bodies?

Eat healthy and exercise. That's literally it. You only get fat if you eat like shit.

he's not saying cico is bullshit, he's saying that your body wont really dig into your fat stores if you're still eating a bunch of carbs. You'll still lose weight on a deficit, i don't think he disputes that.

this is why IF will always be king

So when bodybuilders cut down to 2%-5% body fat how do they keep all their muscle? They are reduced in size but not a lot.