/mealprep/

is meal prepping the only to make it?

explain how you meal prep, add as many details as possible. I am new to this, but I just received my containers and will try it for the first time this weekend.

It is very hard to track my macros otherwise, it's so easy to fuck up....

> cook food in bulk
> portion food out in containers
> eat food when hungry

you better have glass containers nigga

Why does my grilled chicken smell weird after just one day in the fridge?

My workplace dont have microwave. How long can last a fridged cold grilled chicken breast ?

Wait, why glass and not Tupperware??

personally I wouldn't leave cooked chicken more than 4 days.

can always freeze it when it's made, then transfer to fridge a day before you want it

tupperware gives u a pussy

>day 6 soggy chicken and rice with leaked BPA from a plastic container
nty

if you watch the shitty video. it's meals for 2 people

I bake a giant batch of chicken o Saturday and it lasts me a full week. Never had any go bad so far.

Stop being a puss puss

Costco sells a 40 pack of those little black containers, I should buy one of those and start bringing food with me to work.

I was just about to make this same thread, except my question is what do you guys eat to vary things up

As far as protein goes, chicken is versatile enough to not get old but what else could I make on a 1500 calorie, 3 meal a day diet?

I'm good on veggies but what carbs do y'all eat? Red potatos? Sweet potatos? Rice? What else?

Black beans

You could throw a boiled egg in there too

What are some vegetarian protein sources you can eat that aren't also high in carbs?

Whey

I have enough time to cook breakfast and dinner; fuck eating the same thing every day.

>Not prepping different meals

Really?

how the fuck do you keep chicken breast juicy after it's been in the fridge for several days?

it literally takes me more than an hour to chew through it. I cant even finish it in my lunch break at work

Meal prepping seems completely pointless to me, like what overhead are you getting rid of by cooking your shit in bulk? How much time do you save? Ten minutes of your stove heating up? Two minutes of moving ingredients and utensils? I'd rather just eat fresh food desu

Oh, joy, now i can eat two different meals repeatedly for a week. You've really sold me on prepping.

If you say you prep 3 types of meals it's almost a detriment and you must not give a shit about what you're eating anyways.

Why the fuck would you do that? Of course need variety that's how you have a balanced diet my friend

It would take at least 15 minutes to make the food in OP's pic so multiply that by 6 extra days worth of meals and you are saving one and a half hours per week.

That implies that preparing 1 and 7 days' worth of food takes the same amount of time, which it doesn't

While I like brine, I rarely do it.

I have a decent grill (< $250) so I grill all meats (meaning: I grill all chicken).

My biggest point is that I butterfly the chicken breast for even cooking. Get the grill to medium-high heat and slap them on.

Close the lid of the grill and walk away for 5 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH.
In 5 minutes, open lid, flip chicken, walk away for 5 minutes.
After that, put chicken in pyrex or glass container with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes.

The chicken stays pretty good and relatively juicy for several days in the fridge.

>he doesn't know about BPAs
Never gonna make it

there is no way that chicken and brocc is good after seven days in the fridge.

You eat that in 2 days.. :s

I bake chicken in the oven by cutting up each breast into 3 or 4 pieces with meat shears until i have enough to fill up the baking tray. Season with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. Oven on 450, bake 20 min, turn pieces over, bake 20 more, and its perfectly juicy and lasts me 3 or 4 days of lunches and dinners.

For green veggies, broccoli and green beans steamed in a big pot for about 10 minutes. And for carbs, i cube up sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and carrots, steam it for about 15 minutes or until tender.

All 3 things get put in 3 big glass pyrex containers, and for a meal ill weigh out the chicken, 1.5 cups of broccoli/ beans, and 1 cup of the potatoes/ carrots. Microwave for 2 and a half minutes, add salt and pepper, and its ready to eat.

If one is getting low, ill make sure i cook what i need in the morning before work or in the evenings after work so im always stocked up

>meal prepping
>only way to make it

Only siths deal in absolutes user.

Not everyone stays at home all day user, some people have jobs.

Here's my meal prep "hack", instead of using rice, use rice noodles and pour a cap-full of bottled water on them before microwaving. Texture is like brand new.

Plastic is fine if you're just starting out, but they will wear out/get stained soon. Glass is more expensive but worth the investment IMO.

True, but preparing 7 days worth doesn't take 7 times as long. Maybe 1.5 to 2 times.

Anyone have tips for someone doing fasting OMAD?
Usually do bacon+eggs, handful of walnuts, giant fucking micro green salad, and steak.
Trying to figure out logistics and pros/cons of doing it on one day. I'd like to do meal prep because it takes me an hour to cook all that stuff and I have to literally wolf down my eggs and bacon before I pull out the steak then make a salad with one hand while I'm eating the steak.