QTDDTOT

Skol! Edn.

Is there any problem with going straight from a cutting phase (say 12 weeks) to your planned bulking phase the very next day?

Is the procedure to eat at maintenance for a while or can I go straight to the muscle building already.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1oWcpweTuXs
cdn.deliberry.com/images/175403/resize/600/600/3.jpg
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/carritus.com/images_pms/21/28781021.png
youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
anymanfitness.com/should-i-re-comp-nah-why-dont-you-look-for-a-rainbow-colored-unicorn-instead/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As in eat at a caloric surplus starting the day after the final day of cutting

175 lbs fatman here, should i eat rice when trying to lose weight? rice is a must in daily life for the average asian to function also what is the role of carbs in losing weight?

Hi there Veeky Forums
I just wanna be sure of something
Lets just say I need to eat 200g of brotein each day.
If 100g of beef meat is worth 20g of brotein, that means I would have to eat 1kg of beef and not two portions of 100g, amirite ?

It's just an exemple, I know "diversify shit" and stuff
Thanks

A caloric deficit is the ultimate decider of whether you'll lose weight or not, not the type of food. So eat your rice, just calculate it into your daily intake.

As far as Carbs in weight loss I don't think it's a bigger deal. I've always gone by: Hit your protein and fat targets, then fill your remaining calories with Carbs. And stay in a deficit!

Thats right. You'd have to eat 1kg beef to get 200g protein.

Btw turkey > beef

I'm still coming from being a lardass and on a pretty heavy deficit. I'm getting my protein and shit, but at what point in an LP program should I accept the perma-stall until I can eat more? Should I keep trying to push those sweet neurogains or just lift the same weight?

Is there anything wrong with going for a new 3RM instead of 5RM every week on TM?

Always strive to progress where possible. Remember you can do this by adding weight, sets or reps. I wouldn't put much thought into it. As long as your lifts don't decrease you're all good dude.

Got into a gym for the first time, I'm a slightly chubby, no strength at all beginner.

Got a PT to learn how to use machines, their weights , sets and reps and for motivation but after the initial session he started doing crossfit with me.

He pushes me a lot and I like that because otherwise I don't think I'd exert as much effort as I do, but I've read crossfit is a meme a lot on here and I'm scared I'm being scammed or wasting my noob gains. He has me do stuff like
>run x km
>row y km
>do z chest presses
on a timer on days I train without him.

Anyone got an opinion or advice for my situation?

It's "skål" fagtron

Crosstraining, which I think you're talking about, isn't CrossFit™. CrossFit™ is its own little weight training universe, and usually done in groups. If you were at a Crossfit gym you'd know it because they cost a fucking fortune.

You're right sorry, not a shill for them, not bait either, just want to know if I'ts worth doing what he has me doing or if I should just do the machines by myself

I can't be a 'tron' I'm not a robot.

Anyway, got an answer for my original post?
Also bumping

Starting to get into lifting (been doing jiu jitsu for about a year) and quick question about core: Can you really exercise your abs every day?

I'm not trying to be on the cover of Men's Health, my core is just my biggest weakpoint, and I'd like to attack it and build strength there so that I can up my squat game.

No, other than maybe discomfort if you drastically increase food volume and/or caloric intake.

Thanks dude all I needed to know

Thanks mate

why does doing squats work up more of a sweaty than any other work out I do? Maybe becuase I legs are the ones lacking the most but am I alone in this?

Is it because it works the largest muscles on your body?

I need your help Veeky Forums

With 450kcals I need to achieve 80g carbs and 17g fat
what do

JUST STUFF YOUR FUCKIGN FACE WITH WHATEVER FOODS AVIALABLE

GO HAM AT SOME FAST FOOD PLACE

How accurate is measuring bodyfat with calipers and using online calculators? I did a 3 spot one and it told me im at 8%, when even I can tell that I'm around 20%.
Its either way off or I have basically no muscle

>450kcals
>fast food

no problemo

no. and read the book

no tread it like any other muscle group. squats are probably enough for abs though. don't train abs the day before squats, you'll need a strong core

squats train a lot of muscles and they're also heavy mentally bc the weight is on you and compresses your spine and all. you can just drop a deadlift

all pretty inaccurate desu
youtu.be/1oWcpweTuXs

Found these at a thrift.

Can someone help me ID them?

Like what even is it?

That's the thing, even if I don't work core before squats, I end up having no abdominal tightness when squatting, and my lower back ends up compensating, causing hella tightness and some pain.

I haven't had any kind of cheat meal or day in the 3 months I've been cutting.

Would it be okay to start my first day of bulking with a cheat day? I'd lift that first day naturally. And wouldn't cheat again until like after my next cut. (6 months later roughly)

you guys know any good european online shop that sells gym equipment and general stuff?
talking about power racks, barbells, chalk, shoes etc.

I only know about strengthshop.de but IIRC one day I tried to order and they askled like a shit ton of money in taxes or shipping or whatever the fuck it was

>daily recommended upper limit of caffeine is 400mg
>supplement I'm looking at has 420mg

What the hell? Is this dangerous?

In a cut, it is noticiable if i add a bit of soja and a bit of balsamic vinegar to my salad?

I know if it fits my macros is ok but would you do it?

Should be fine.

Not sure what soja is..
If it's something salty the most I'd worry about is temporary water retention which could deceive you when weighing yourself. Then again just drink more water and don't eat it all the time

no, you will lose all ur gains and die a week later.

fuck you guys are retarded mang

Top thing looks like the chest stretch thingy. You know the one I mean.

Bottom looks like what you use when doing tricep push downs. Normally see that attached to a cable machine.

420 mg as pre workout is too much. just take half of it and you'll be fine

this is the soja
cdn.deliberry.com/images/175403/resize/600/600/3.jpg
and this is the vinegar
s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/carritus.com/images_pms/21/28781021.png
what do you think again? thanks for reply

Why do idiots on this boards consider the deadlift to be a pull exercise when use your legs to push the weight from the ground?

Saying that you pull the weight with your back doesn't count.

no you pull with your hip extensors

I've been dieting and working out for three months now and I lost a lot of fat, but lots of it are still in my belly. I wanna try something different to try to burn it

Would something like this be the optimal way to burn that fat:

>wake up at 8AM
>take caffeine and yohimbine
>HIIT cardio
>eat at 11AM and take my meds
>stop eating at 7PM
>fast for 16 hours until the next day

Hmm nah I wouldn't worry really. Just don't drown those salads in them, account them into your calories as you said and you'll be fine.

If you do notice a little weight gain the next day don't panic. Could be soja salt or something. Happy eating!

So again:

>5'11
>been lifting and bulking since august 1st
>bulking at 500 calorie surplus
>hovering at around 76kg now

Realising I am skinny fat, should I cut, get lean and then bulk or should I keep bulking til like december and then cut? If second, do I keep doing +500 or change to +300, cause I feel I might be getting too much fat too fast.

Also: stomach might seem more protruding because of pectus excavatum and rib flares.

ok thanks

IF akways worked great for me

youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ

Listening to dyels, not even once. Trying to stay the same weight and lose fat at the same time is so stupid and slow.

Bulking and cutting are both fine to do, just don't overdo it. Lean bulk at a 300 kcal surplus and then cut at a 300-500 kcal deficit. Then you stay between 8-14% body fat and cut once your abs are starting to fade. It's that simple.

>jonnie candito
>dyel

What bodyfat% do you reckon I am at now? 20%?

Intermediate full-body programs? I currently alternate lifting (SS plus accessories) and rock climbing, on top of running and occasional swimming, and doing a six day thing like PPL or a split seems like I'll be burning myself out

He is quite small for someone who has been working out for as long as he has.

I'd say around 20%, yes. If you're now to lifting, I think you could pack on some mass while you cut, if you eat enough protein and do intermediate fasting. You have quite a similar build to that model, so I think you'll get there in a few years of lifting if you're consistent.

Cut until you have abs and then lean bulk at a 300 kcal surplus.

Is PHUL a legit good program?
Goal is prob 80% strength 20% aesthetics, and i'm a fatfuck cutting.

>He is quite small for someone who has been working out for as long as he has.
his lean body mass is past his estimated genetic maximum. as a natural. in his eary 20s. how far are you away from your estimated genetic maximum?

srsy though he's a manlet with narrow shoulders and more a powerlifter than a bodybuilder, thats why he looks so small

If working chest too much gives me rolled shoulders, what muscles do I work to counteract this?

Do I have wide hips?

should i recomp since CBT is too faggy to help

here's a better pic where my arms don't look as DYEL :/

rhomboids. people tell you it's the rear delts but thats wrong. you train rhomboids best with some kind of reverse fly, after that comes rows, then deadlifts and lastly pullups

Do face pulls

Please give me a rundown on timing:

>morning: protein
>pre-workout: simple carbs
>post-workout: protein
>evening: complex carbs & protein

Did I get this right?

nah bruh you gotta get carbs in the morning

Won't IF + yohimbine + HIIT fasted cardio make me want to die or anything like that?

Why? Also, how the fuck do I eat more carbs? I always go over the fat macros and nowhere near the carbs macros ( always at like 100-200g deficit of carbs ) and I don't know what to do.

My breakfast consists of 5 scrambled eggs, cheese, 2 scoops of whey with water and a large banana. That's already like 50 grams of fat out of 80 I should get but only 30 grams of carbs out of fucking 300.

Do macros even fucking matter if I hit my calories and protein, regardless of bulking or cutting?

There is no such thing as a pull or push.

If you weren't dumb, you'd know that the muscles are pulling your body together so everything is a pull

I've just finished a two month long beginner lifting regimen and I can squat around 50kg which I'm quite pleased about because I struggled with just the bar at first.

Do I stick with a PPL routine? It seems to be working so far?

Asking from last thread.

is there any strength/compound focused routine where you lift 5-6x week?

Of course m8, one cheat meal, especially while bulking, isn't going to kill you

I'm a skelly trying to gain weight and muscle, I currently weight 65kg and I aim for 73-75kg, but I also want to gain muscle. FitnessPal recommended me to eat 2850cal per day, knowing this, will I have to eat even more if I want to gain muscle?

try oatmeal brah
50%carbs 30%protein 20%fat should work fine for you
you gotta get energy for the day ahead, unless you're a neet. Plus carbs synthesize protein and all serious bodybuilders eat carbs

find your maintainance calories using a website and add 250 to that
MyFitnessPal is messed up for some

Thank you, also, imagine that I finally have reached my 75kg goal, but I'm still not happy with my aesthetics, if I continue to train harder but keep eating the same calories will I build muscle too? Or is that what cutting and bulking is all about?

you will build muscle + lose fat at maintainance, it's good for aesthetics
post a pic brah
also can u help me w/

former skelly/ still kind of skelly 2 bro, we'll make it

My squat is 100kg x6. Been prpgressing well the last 3 weeks since I switched to lowbar. 10kg+ progress.
My Deadlift on the other hand is stuck at 130kg x5.
My question is, is it normal that my deadlift cant go much further than ny squat? so basically I gotta be patient and build my squat

I've been dl'ing once a week so ai have added more deadlifting volume to my week: some dropsets on the middle DL day and some more volume on one of the 2 squat days

My routine, ABA
A
>Squat
>Bench/ohp
>Chinups as many sets/reps (8x5 today)
>Bench/ohp assistance
>Ohp/bench volume (my presses are struggling)
>Rows
B
>same but DL instead of squats
Sets are either 531ish if I'm close to my max, or 3x5. 3x5+ for everything that isnt the first 3 exercises (DL is 1x5 + dropsets)

At the gym today, I lost control on the bench press and put all focus on one side of my chest. A little after I felt a burning in the shoulder on that side, and now the entire arm is aching. What should I do? Kinda worried.

how good are RDL for forearms?
I was going to do leg curls for less back stress but said fuck it and went 3x12 on the RDL and my forearms were fucking hurting and burning once I reached half through the reps

Thank you very much, you look great. Researched a little bit about recomp and its pros and cons and I found this interesting article, I think that it will help you.

anymanfitness.com/should-i-re-comp-nah-why-dont-you-look-for-a-rainbow-colored-unicorn-instead/

look man, sorry to bring you down to earth but you will NEVER look like that guy

To be that guy you would need his genetics, several years of EXCLUSIVE training, like, doing nothing BUT training, or taking roids and other substances, he also has a nice face and a particular skeletal structure. On top of that hes fucking photoshoped.

Gods sake, are you literally a retarded monkey, some marketing hipster posts photos of a naked guy and you daydream about being him.

just try to be yourself, the gym can help you build muscle or reduce fat, NOTHING ELSE.

you will look like YOU with more muscle and less fat. dont fall for those stupid retarded traps

Read some weight training programs, learn form and techniques from videos and shit.

thanks bro, only 6 months of training 'm not close to my goal.
Good article tho, made me realize that just gotta bulk slow, not recomp. Article said 1750 calories surplus a week, so that's 250 a day, which I've been considering.
Thanks brah, godspeed

I went tramping/hiking last weekend and on the second day coming back down the mountain my knees started hurting. Now I can feel them uncomfortably when I squat. Anyone had any experience with this?
I went to a doctor but they were not helpful

I have flexibility issues, I'm stretching to improve them (can finally squat below parallel), but I get a pain at my hip joints when I'm at or below parallel. What do?

No problem, good luck on your goal. Hope you get laid weekly

>laid weekly
>requires a gf

Any reason to do any type of squats and conventional barbell deadlifts over hexbar deadlift? I've always sucked at squats, but not deadlift (365 lbs max vs 500 lbs max) but I'm short on time and prefer hexbar to both, could hexbar alone cover (mostly) squats and deadlift? Maybe add leg press?

Can't really do squats do to a longterm injury and I'm not really wanting to do conventional deadlifts in the long term

>tl;dr hexbar and leg press okay to replace squat and normal deadlift?

Limber 11 by DeFranco

God bless Japanese thots.
I wish they weren't all cuntlets and all "japanese men only".

How2gitbig

pls rate this:

based on pavel tsatsouline "russian bear" program
mon/wed/fri:
> deadlift: 1x5 @ working load, 1x5 @ 90% working load, 5-20x5 @ 80% working load
> ohp: same as above
> one-arm cable row: same as above
> curls, face pulls, triceps extension variation supersetted: 5x10 @ 7 RPE
saturday:
> bench press: nuckols 28 programs, 1x/week
> squat: same as above
> curls, face pulls, triceps extension variation supersetted: 5x10 @ 7 RPE

when I'm short on time I skip the one-arm cable row, though

Is it good to be intimidating as a guy?

two quick questions

What are some good pushup routines/ info graphics?

If I'm working on running speed how often should I do a long distance jog?

I have this rafter thing in the basement and I want to hang one of those door pull up bars from it. Is that possible or do they not work like that? What kind of pull up bar could I hang from this? Ignore the big white thing that's just an old door leaning up against it

Here's probably a better picture. We have this punching bag hanging from it too.

Moving on to Madcow, still can't do a pull up quite yet (almost there). Is this an okay way to plug in chin-up work with Madcow until I can finally get them?

Monday
>Squat
>Bench
>Rows
>Chin-up negatives 3x5

Wednesday
>Light squat
>Press
>Deadlift
>Lat pulldown 3x10

Friday
>Squat
>Bench
>Rows
>Chin-up negatives 3x5

sure
don't forget curl work

Hi user's I'm a fat fuck NEET who stays up until 3 - 8 a.m. playing video games every single day. I want to completely reverse my schedule. I want to wake up at 6 a.m. every single morning. But whenever I set my alarm for 6 a.m., I refuse to wake up. Or, if I try to stay up all day I end up taking a "nap" that lasts 8 hours. How do I switch my schedule?

Need some genuine advice on women.

Chick I'm into has a boyfriend and they get along well, problem is, we see each other regularly in my gym. In the event that things go south with her man, how can I ensure that she doesn't develop an attachment to me like a good friend? Should I just avoid her and pursue other women until she becomes available, or do I make it clear that I'm interested right off the bat?

can working out consistently really fix depression or is that normie science? Haven't really done anything since my best friend died a year ago and just don't feel like doing anything anymore. She was the one Veeky Forums Nothing makes me happy anymore. Every time I go to the gym (about once a month now) I just see myself in the mirror and it depresses me.

I get the feeling I'm being memed...

After only playing basketball and not lifting for a year, I want to get back into the gym. I'm gonna start back on SS, but how should I determine what weights to use without injury? Do I pick weights I know I can do easily, or do I do the whole "set of 5 with the bar and keep adding until uncomfortable" thing SS recommends?
I'm still able to OHP lmao1plate and bench 1.5 plate or more though. Deads might come in at 2 or 3 plate. No idea about squat. I just don't know if these are safe to start doing after a year off. I don't want injuries.

See a therapist. I really helped me.

It* really helped me

Hey guys

I'm sub 18% body fat and have been cutting and losing 1.5 pounds / 0.7kg a week.

Is it okay to do this until reaching 10-12% body fat?

Will I lose significantly more muscle vs losing just 1 pound a week?

Please help