/fat/ i'm starting dieting from tomorrow edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com
last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcVfx7v5ItA
everythingstudies.com/2017/04/24/people-are-different/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Went from 280 to 205 and I’m so close to being 199 lads
WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAHS

progresspics?

youtube.com/watch?v=TcVfx7v5ItA

This ones about 3 weeks old and I went on a 2 week maintenance diet after and now I’m back on a deficit
Always remember, the love handles (if you have them) will disappear last

Looking good, keep it up.

Aight, so this pic is a little old. Currently on holiday atm so I don't have any scales available to me. I was around 74kg in this photo. Before I left to holiday, I was about 77-78kg. This photo is about 2.5months old though
The plan for when I get back is
>20:4 intermittent fasting
>slight caloric surplus on my training days (~100cal)
>deficit on my off days
>over the week it'll equate to ~300cal deficit a day

Been reading up on a lot of Greg cuckols stuff. So I'm gonna keep the protein at about 1.7g/kg/d and do his program, with added OHP and back work. Any thoughts? My lifts before going on holiday were
51kg x6 OHP
152kg x4 diddlylift
80kg x4 binch
107.5kg x5 sqwat
+25kg x5 Chinup

Went from 231 to 152 now I'm back at 162 cause I got caught back in the "I'll start my diet tomorrow loop" need to break the cycle again

>tfw scared of tons of loose skin
im going from 5'8 200 to about 140 what should i expect

thank you guys

I'm 16% BF and you guys help keep me motivated.

My goal is 12%. So until I'm 12% I'm either getting fat or getting to my goal. No In-between maintenance/cheat meals.

Why do these threads exist?

>If genuine question.

Because we encourage eachother.

>If derisive question.

Because we encourage eachother.

So people can get advice, keep motivated and share their own progress.

Drastic improvement in life quality

I gained 3kg since my dog died and it's barely been 4 days. I'm sorry.

>lost weight, skinny now
>blood flow obviously improved
>super strong erections
>constantly horny
I've masturbated like 8 fucking times today I'm literally not even exaggerating.
>usually try to block my cum from coming out
>notice a little leaked and is on my finger
>my loads usually smell like bleach but has no sting to your nose
>no scent at all
Just clear carrying liquid. What the fuck bros is this a blessing or a curse?

get the fuck out

So you've had low libido when fat?

Usually forced myself just for the dopamine hit but now I want to seriously fuck things

Whoa, i cant wait for that. I mean i've lost like 15 lbs and i'm already noticing slight increasement in libido. Sadly, even when i'll be skinny i'm still going to be khv.

Insane progress though brah!! You got this!

Specs? Built like the first pic right now
What'd you do for the maintenance diet?
Great job on the progress, user

Your doggo don't want to see you wallow in self pity , get lean to make him proud

And most of those kg are probably a combo of Food inside you + lots of water retention from all the carb & salt you probably ingested during a prolonged binge .

6’4 and had a tdee of 2800 on the left
I cut with a 1000 kcal deficit until I hit 210 lbs and then I ate at 2400 kcal (my current tdee) for a week to reset my metabolism but now I’m back on a 1000 kcal deficit cut until I hit abs

>tfw scale broken
>couldnt see gains this morning

Anyone else post-/fat/ but still ashamed to buy candy?
I'm in the lower half of healthy BMI, yet I still feel like the whole world is judging me when I buy vegetables, 0% dairy, organic whole grains and a big pack of cream fudge in the same cart.
Like, I'm thinner than most of the people in the line, I eat the former foods and exercise so I can have the latter on a sunday evening, but I feel like everyone's looking at me with disdain.
Maybe it's from all these years when I was fat and would buy only the candy, every day. I'd go to different stores so they wouldn't see me buying sweet shit every day, day in day out.

>started new job at a deli yesterday
>they suprised me by saying i'm working full time
>working 9 hours everyday for the rest of this week (opening to closing)

I'm worried about my diet. Back when I was an unemployed NEET I had so much time on my hands that I was able to work out every other day for two hours. I don't get home until about 8 and I don't even feel like eating, just going to bed. I still eat healthy of course but I'm worried about eating too little. The deli gets very busy so I'm always preoccupied with making sub sandwiches every picosecond so I honestly forget that I'm hungry. Is just eating breakfast and eating a larger lunch to make it up for dinner while skipping actual dinner OK? I barely ate enough calories yesterday. Will my metabolism slow down because I won't be able to work out at all for the rest of the week? I have to be on my feet all day and lifting heavy shit from the back. While it's not as good as actually working out, it's better than having a job where all I do is sit.

Yeah, the larger lunch will work. I lost 15kg 2 years ago while eating a breakfast and then when I was back home at night I'd eat both the lunch and dinner. I don't know about metabolism, but it did work for me. I was also having a cheat meal every friday night, that was the most enjoyable diet I've ever had and I had no idea about dieting/fitness.

For people who do whey. I got some that give me 25g a cup should I just put two in at the same time just to get 50g of protein? I think that would be easier than eating chicken all the time. Also does it matter what time of day I drink it?

fat fucks

Wew, it's been almost 2 weeks, /fat/ but I think I finally quit the gold jew, was kinda rough. Pic related was 4-5 days worth of alcohol I'd drink, for the last 5 years. I'm done

How can someone drink that much? I have maybe at most 4 drinks a month.

>the love handles (if you have them) will disappear last
Fuck ain't that the truth, stomach is almost flat at this point but my thighs are love handles still have miles to go.

It builds over time and becomes a habit. Started in the military when I'd go to this small bar across the street of my barracks with some guys after work. Pint turns into 2 pints, turns into 3 pints, etc.

Habit, plus some people will start with "just one beer" then keep going until they fall asleep.
Alcoholism is not fun.

It's one of those things I can't understand, my brother is an alcoholic and he always gives it up or Lent and bah god he always loses 20 pounds easily.

alcohol is a diuretic, makes you piss A LOT. When you do that, you get dehydrated all the time, so your body reacts by retaining as much water as it can. This leads to looking bloated, gives you that beer belly. When you stop drinking it, your body doesn't feel the need to keep retaining water, so you lose a lot of water weight. Not only that, but a 12 pack of beer is usually 1800-2000 calories, so when you stop consuming that daily, you lose a lot of calories. Like I normally don't eat like a monster, but those 2k calories in my dos equis maxed out my daily caloric intake. I've already lost quite a bit in the 2 weeks that I've stopped. My almost 3.4k caloric intake is now down to 1.6-1.8k

How many calories in eating ass?

Keep it up user.

Most people are too wrapped up in themselves to really give a fuck with what you're putting on the check out line conveyor. I know this for a fact because my first job was a Kroger bagger which turned into cashier. As a cashier I would zone out for hours at a time. I'd make small talk while scanning and not even remember what I said a minute later. They're not judging you so you can buy whatever you want. If they do give a passing thought on the cream fudge they probably think you're one of those skinny guys that can eat whatever he wants without getting fat. As long as you keep your calories in check you're going to be fine. Don't be so hard on yourself.

It's like smoking, if you never pick up the habit you just won't do it.
After you've been there, you understand why stuff like tobacco and alcohol use are considered when giving movies/games age ratings.

I've started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix and cringe every time they show her shitty drinking habit. Kids will see that and think, wow this character is so cool (never mind the fact that she's a mess), I gotta get a bottle of Jim Beam!
Some don't stop there, peer pressure makes it worse.

Had a couple bad days, but still came within 200 calories of my goal for the week and well under mantainence. Prwtty relieved, i thought it was going to be a lot worse than that.

69lbs boys! can finally do 1 real pushup always get caught on the second one halfway up

>peer pressure makes it worse.
As someone that used to drink a lot I will say that drunks tend to find other drunks pretty easily and it sets up a feedback loop where if anyone wants to quit you're going to be still wanting to drink because you're constantly around people that are getting drunk. It sucks but you have to either cut them out of your life or only hang out when there's no drinks involved like a lunch.

That's good. Try to not go over but in relative to the week you did okay. Keep at it man.

Congratulations. Keep it going. Just watch. You're going to be able to do fifty push ups before you know it.

That's why I'm glad I drank mostly alone. I only drank with coworkers for a year before I got out. Most of the time was spent drinking while playing xbox live halo. But that has since died. I have a friend who wants me to go to the bar with her, I don't think I'll give in, but I won't say I won't be tempted. I just gotta rememb3er my CICO

Should I do some cardio when I'm sore?

What muscle group is sore? If it's legs, then go really light. If it's upper body, then go ahead. Don't make the mistake of overdoing it.

Yeah it's my quads and calves

If you really want to do any cardio, do something really light and know your limit. Don't overdo them. I just recovered from rhabdo, and believe me, you do NOT want to suffer that by destroying your quads.

are /fat/ threads the equivalent of fat people at the gym?

Kinda, but some of actually accomplish some pretty big weight loss.

>are /fat/ threads the equivalent of fat people at the gym?
What do you mean?

I'd assume it's like saying the fat guy you see once at the gym once a month, not actually doing anything to actively lose weight.

How to lose weight when BMI already below 21?
I am 5'8" and 137 lbs and want to into /thin/ (am fag)
I easily went from 160 lbs to 137ish a few years ago but I can't seem to lose just 5 or 10 more.
My main problem is I smoke weed most nights so fasting is difficult.
Any tips? I want to eat mostly vegetables but they are expensive.

CONFESS

I like your attitude

you can make delicious stuff with whey and you get those sweet protons without having to eat deadroided up birds.
and not really, drinking a shake before training is about being satiated more than anything. unless you are making your liver work overtime it should not matter.
protip: if you are drinking alcohol in the evening it would be best to consume all of your protein early in the morning so your liver has time to process it.

>My main problem is I smoke weed most nights so fasting is difficult
Maybe try quitting?
>I want to eat mostly vegetables but they are expensive
No they're not

Start running and lifting weights

day 1/30 cut
getting that last shred in

Why are you here? You're not fatass.

If I quit smoking I will probably blow my brains out from the monotony and boredom of my life.
What vegetables are the cheapest that I could snack on during the day? I currently eat mostly rice, beans, chicken, and bananas, for reference of what I usually spend on food.

Dunno if anybody remembers me, but I'm the /fat/fuck from the other thread that was cooking, and getting flak from my parents for it. You guys made me feel a lot better, since I was upset at the negativity they were slinging at me. Figured I owed you all an update;

I went ahead with the pork roast, and it came out significantly better than I'd hoped. Shit was tasty as hell, and I totally nailed the crackling. Parents were suitably awed too. No complaints about smell or the cleanup taking a while. My Dad ended up having it reheated tonight and complimented me again. They both struggle with roasts; my Dad has never attempted a pork roast, and my mum isn't big on pork so she's never really attempted it. Plus I may be able to get a car soon, which is the first step to moving out.

Off topic shit aside, cut is going excellent. Been able to skim a bit over 500 cals a few times by eating foods that are more satiating and drinking a shitload of tea. My Gf has been told by a doctor to lose weight, and she's finally actually trying to improve her body. It's nice to have somebody to hold me accountable, and I'm doing the same for her.
Things are looking up brehs. I'm even cutting down on my caffeine.

I feel like I need some sort of exercise to do when I'm restless at night though. I was considering light curls, but now I'm wondering if I should do a tonne of front plate raises until I burn off the excess energy. Anybody done something like this?

I belong here until I go into Zyzz mode
>Everyone posting in the other forums already have godlike bodies, r-right?
Seriously tho, I used to be ultimate skinnyfat mode. Fell for the low carb meme and went into skeletor

Substitute the rice and beans with cauliflower, cabbage and carrots.

I'm shitting up this thread even though I technically don't belong here

What's good friend, happy to see your parents backed off.

Take your girl for a walk, easiest thing to do at night

Was 255lbs 2weeks ago, probably taking 4000 cals a day (heavy drinker)
Quit cold turkey and down 15lbs in water weight (maybe a couple pounds in fat, 1600 Cal daily now)

Are you asking if you can put 2 serves of whey in the same glass of milk/water? The answer is yes, yes you can.

As for what time of the day, it doesn't really matter too much. Some people like to have it before or after their workout, but in the end as long as you're getting enough protein you're fine.

I will warn you that whey can get a bit...heavy if you don't give it enough liquid to mix with.

May also be worth looking up some recipes. You can make some really tasty shit, as another user mentioned.

As a follow up /fph/ is my motivation right now

I'm struggling to eat enough to bulk can't understand how you fucks manage to stay so fat for so long.

good for you on all accounts. cooking is so easy to impress others with and it's not that difficult to learn.
keep up with the calorie deficit. whatever you burn doing cardio try and keep off for that extra weight loss
keep pushing your girl, she's going to rely on you more than her so make sure to keep being the anchor.
i don't really have a good exercise per se, but
>pic related
is great when you're lounging around

and we can't understand how you stay skele for so long

>plz be my gymtwinkgf

I look at fph every time I feel like I want to go eat fast fiod or pizza or some other shit. Basically the rule I set myself is "occasionally cheating is OK, but every time you do, 10 minutes of scrolling fph first."

End up going over my calorie goal way less often than I did back when I just said "no cheating" and berated myself. It's not often that an urge for greasy steak and cheese nachos will survive staring at James's legs.

Try adding a bottle of wine or a 12-pack of beer per day.

>not eating depression away
Seems like you're not even trying.

Lipostat regulation isn't identical for everyone. Genetics, yo.
everythingstudies.com/2017/04/24/people-are-different/

good job bro.

I am about the same weight you are now, 5'11'', but your legs look more aesthetic, no homo, while my upper body looks more bulky (albeit still with much fat around stomach).

Have you tried bodpod/hydrostatic bath to see what your bf% is?

Does fear as a motivator just not work on you fat guys?

How did you fucks even get fat? Literally just cut down on the carbs and you'll make it, I believe in you!

Alcohol is a bitch man

I've "started over" on three separate completely arbitrary dates this year: the eclipse, my birthday, and now the autumnal equinox.

I have a meal plan now and the food for it but I'm afraid that I am just going to look for another excuse to self-sabotage. Been doing this for years. :(

Thanks my man.

We don't live together, so taking her on walks is difficult, but I'm trying to get her into hiking. We're gonna be hitting some walking/hiking trails on the weekends. Bike riding is also on the agenda right now. There are some really beautiful areas not far from me, so when the car is finally mine that's gonna be a lot easier.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I actually have one of those grippers somewhere in the mess that is my desk. I'd totally forgotten about them for some reason.

As for pushing her, I'm trying not to lean on her too much, because I'm worried she'll snap back and not keep the cut up. That being said, we're definitely gonna be supporting each other a lot. I definitely need to push her into doing some sort of exercise though, because otherwise I know she'll just put it off indefinitely.

Find a way to carrot and stick yourself. Negative reinforcements for doing bad things like bingeing and I mean immediately after. Your brain won't associate negative reinforcements if you do them when it's convenient for you to punish yourself. Positive reinforcement to associate when you do good things. NOT FOOD. We're still animals and behaviorism can be hacked to our benefit.

you don't belong here either

>If I quit smoking I will probably blow my brains out from the monotony and boredom of my life.

Then find something to fill it. I know you have, or at least had, things that you wanted to do with your time on this earth user.

I was smoking daily, and I mean REALLY smoking, for the past 5 years. I'd wake up, smoke, blow into work high, get home, and smoke until the minute I went to bed.

When I committed to stopping I felt exactly what you described, and realized how much drive I had lost to the green jew, how much of my life I'd spent just floating by on a cloud of pot smoke.

Get hobbies. That's not video games, or watching TV, or shitposting on Veeky Forums. Get something that requires effort, that you can put time and work into and have something to show for it. Get more than one, don't just make physical gains, make intellectual and creative gains as well.

You're gonna make it, user.

If you are truly worried, try to lose weight slowly while also building muscle to fill the spots. Moisturize everyday with something that has collagen, elastin and vitamin E

> negative/positive reinforcement as stick and carrot

Yeah. I need to be more creative on that one. I'm embarrassed that over the last decade all my "rewards" have turned to be easy dopamine releasers like fapping, drinking, smoking, playing vidya.

Routine, motherfucker.

I started waking up every day and 8AM and going to sleep at midnight. Every day. Electronics are off at 11PM, I make some tea (without caffeine like chamomile and such), get into bed and read or listen to music. Wake up in the morning, HIIT cardio, breakfast, shower, moisturizing, take meds. Set a routine for yourself and stick to it, your brain will suddenly get used to it. Sometimes I wake up before my alarm goes off.

Easy dopamine releases do work well for positive reinforcement but there are subtler ones like when you complete your fitness journal for the day listening to music that is relaxing.

Fear of what?

Reminder if you're not lifting during your cut you're literally wasting your time and will look disgusting once you hit your goal weight.

Not him but to add to that post the extra exercise will make it easier to lose weight and if you're new to lifting even add some muscle while you are cutting so you look more like a bear instead of a walrus.

it's happening agaaaaiiiiinn

I'm mitigating the damage at least
well.. trying

I thought I was doing things right this time, no dumb crash dieting, no meme/fad diets
the fuck am I doing wrong? what hole am I trying to fill?

Weight isn't magic. It doesn't appear unless you are doing something wrong. Get back into the healthy habit and keep the effort up.

I know, it isn't a mystery
It's hard to get what you want when you don't want it any more, or you just don't care

Best to take this set back and plow forward rather than let it get worse and make more work for myself later

see, I know the logic, I know the rational choice, it just means nothing right now
this happens every time and I don't know why
if it's gonna keep happening then why bother

rhetorical question by the way, you don't need to tell me anything, I already know it