/plg/ - powerlifting general

>Adults only edition.

>compulsory listening
youtu.be/mCPqaG8sVDE

Today's my birthday, what did you get me, /plg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSrsk6tbnkE
youtu.be/5gdqj0V231E
youtu.be/0VjGBhc6Ow8
youtu.be/fQFtK8ix3TM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can have my depression if you want.

happy birthday lad. did you remember to check under your post box?

n-n-n-no thanks

there was no card user, just a newspaper and bills

You can have my kneebola?

Yakobs gym also "has birthday" so please wish yakobs gym a happy birthday too

the card was probably stolen by pikies :( have this doggo instead

I don't want that at all

>posting one I already have

now you have two. dont be ungrateful user

So ungrateful. This is probably why we all forgot your birthday.

Powerlifting time now

Can't decide to go for an 8rm to give myself a nice even projected max, or risk actually hitting that max.

Happy bday user here's a pepe I stoled

To the feminine manlet guy with glasses who loudly talks about competing since youve been lifting for years and benches lmao2pl8 with 6 inches of ROM and jokes about trying to make it even smaller, I fucking hate you and when the revolution comes i will put your head on a pike in my front yard. I love the powerlifting lifts but god you make me never wanna go near this autistic retardshow. You are not helping the perception that powerlifters are a bunch of fat short autistic computer engineers who call moving a metal bar 8 inches a "sport" because theyve never been able to throw a ball in a straight line. Same goes for you angry gnome man who seems to have a cock lodged in his throat at all times, though I concede your 4pl8 bench was legit impressive.

If I focus on shoulder pressing 3x/week and don't do any bench/chest for like 3 weeks, what would be the outcome for chest/bench, aside from stronger shoulders?

Nothing. If you want to improve your bench, bench more.

>depression
Just love stuff, man

obviously it will go down due lack of specificity

just fit in a bench session after your press somewhere

That's a good one, I've never seen this one before

I did but two days ago she told me she doesn't love me.

I bench pressed 36kg dumbbells today for 3x3 and I'm okay with that. Haven't OHP'd in months so I wanted to focus on that, but my fullbody sessions already take a long time.
I guess it is the logical thing to happen, but will it be hard to reach my previous stage after I'm done with OHP?

whats your normal bench? that is so low volume. Just press twice a week and bench once. On your bench day do some light OHP and on your OHP days do some light dumbbell bench.

Until last month I used to bench 2x/week 3x8. I had reached 32kg dumbbells, but stalled hard so tried concurrent periodisation with sets of only 3 reps and got here today. I would do 8x3 on Mondays, 6x3 on Wed and 4x3 on Fri, but failed the last set today so it's just 3x3. [spoilersdon'tworkon/fit/]I only use dumbbells for the time being. I will join a real gym in maybe 3-4 months so I have to lift something until then.[/spoiler]

you're stalling because your volume is too low. If you're not competing, you don't need to worry about periodisation just yet. It's for people a lot stronger than that who want to optimise performance for one day on the platform. Try 10x3 with those 36kg dumbbells, and then go lighter, and do incline, and do 4x8, and then go lighter again, back to flat, and 3x10.

Make sure you do a total of at least 40, maybe 50 reps minimum in a workout for a given lift. 5x5 and then 5x3 (with the same weight) works for low rep ranges, or 4x10 for higher ones.

20 reps or so just isnt enough to stimulate growth for you anymore. Do more reps.

will do. Thanks for the advice.

I'm thinking of switching my routine to morning lifting:

5:30 - Alarm; down 500mg caffeine powder solution; snooze and "meditate" 15 min.
5:45 - Get up; eat fruit; go to gym.
6:00 - Lift.
7:45 - Arrive home; eat oats.

What do you think? There's also an option to lift fasted and eat 9g BCAA pills at 6:00, 8:00, 10:00 and then eat large lunch at 12:00.

I've only read the bro science on the internet, have no idea if it'll actually work. Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=uSrsk6tbnkE

Try both, one for a week, and then the other for a week.

I really like a morning lift, but my performance is better when i'm not fasted, but i have a friend who hasnt eaten breakfast in like 3 years and he does great, its not the same for everyone.

Compare your performance and how much you enjoyed it, and then decide. That matters a lot more than all the internet shit its all anecdotal anyway.

Bought the SBD red singlet. Looks pretty good, the navy looks purple on photos but it's navy in real life. Can pretend I'm in a team USA singlet now ;_;

The reason I asked is because I don't feel hungry at all early in the morning.

Anyway, how's your morning performance in comparison to evenings, assuming you've done both recently.

I know it's different for everybody but I wanted to check if my plan is not way beyond reason.

Will this make me die in my 40s?

I usually don't feel hungry either.

I think the main difference is my conditioning is worse, I have to rest longer and i struggle more on higher rep schemes. Again though that's just my experience, it can't hurt to give both a go, I mean you'll be lifting either way so you'll get stronger no matter what.

it is definitely within reason, just need to give it a go to see if it feels optimal.

did anyones arm grow today? mines did

MINE DID NOT >:(

Thanks, dude bros.

Don't know how to repay you, so I'll just drop this souvenir I picked up on /g/.

You won't believe it but I was the OP of that thread

>both use apostrophes
>both don’t use commas
Hmmm.

>only one uses full stops.
Also, it’s extremely unlikely besides that.

People believe in the Qur'an, I don't think its too far fetched to believe.

No I'm not tryin' to be rude,
But hey pretty girl I'm feelin' you
The way you do the things you do
Remind me of my Lexus coup
That's why im all up in your grill
Tryna get you to a hotel
You must be a football coach
The way you got me playin' the field

how does a girl find a strong, big boy boyfriend like frog?

nice blog

At a nursery you sick fuck

The more it upsets you the more I'm gonna do it

Happy birthday!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!

>how does a girl find a strong, big boy boyfriend like frog?

Easy.
>be a man pretending to be a girl
>look for underage boys on Veeky Forums
>pretend to be a strength coach on the CUTTING EDGE of lifting research
>""coach"" the young lad and ride the coattails of his talent
>lure him into a gay pedophillic online relationship

shouldnt he be 18 now

did trappy really do that to him what the fuck? I didnt know that

but trappy's a girl

Here's a flower to bee my gf

>Adults only edition.
does that mean you can't post unless you bench 2.5pl8s?

t. trappy

sure

i personally do this setup

>mo
ohp
>wed
ohp
>fri
bench
>sa
ohp

bench on fri is high intensity low volume just for the sake of maintenance, ohp after is lighter higher rep

>frog
>big

he's now bulking lads, he's gonna be a big guy 4 u soon

hes gonna be a fat guy 4 u soon

nobody who gains 1-2kg a week at his stage with minimal bb work is going to get big

t. obese man

She meant down below :^)

frog is into things that would scare you

Today's the first time I looked in the mirror and thought

>damn, I'd fuck me

Damn I look good

Don't lift fasted. Body will start heavily breaking down muscle tissue for energy.
Make a quick workout shake, 40g protein 50 g carbs. Drink half before and half during workout.
Will have you preform much better.
Eating fruit 15min before gym is pretty useless, since it takes hours to absorb those carbs.

Read the Renaissance Diet for more info.

t. frog

when did you guys start shilling mike israel's stuff on here

nice blog

The spirit of the Lift appears before you and gives you three options. You must pick one, or die.
>all your future progress will slow down, you will be making gains twice as hard as you normally would, you would need three thousand more calories a day just to maintain your weight, but there will never be a time in your life when you hit your genetic limits if you continue lifting and eating according to your new needs: you will hit PR's as long as you live
>all your future progress will speed up, you will be making gains twice as fast as you normally would, you would need almost no calories, but under the condition that your lifespan be cut in half and have your soul sealed within the barbell
>you get the ability to absorb someone's strength level by sucking their dick (but the power does no accumulate: you will always have only the strength levels of the last dude whose dick you sucked; your physique will stay the same though)

What do?

a couple of months ago
though i always tell people to get the stuff from the Veeky Forums volafile. No one should pay 80 bucks for a book or template.

Option one obviously.

Ya wanna BULK UP BOY?

let me show you HOW

We've been over this before. I'm not.

>not just sucking Eddie Hall's dick and deadlifting 500kg at your current BW

You could be stronger than Eddie Hall by age 40-45.

I started sharing the pdf about 5 weeks ago

youtu.be/5gdqj0V231E

youtu.be/0VjGBhc6Ow8

TAKE SEVEN STEPS BACK
on squat ofc

durr durr nice blog post1111!!!!

nigga what

youtu.be/fQFtK8ix3TM

>eat pussy
>go online to check the nutrition facts
>0 calories, nothing

disgusting

You were trying to quote me, I think. I'm the one that implies that you use plg as your personal blog.

I stopped caring about it desu, I just do whatever nasty shit I feel like doing

Hit 500x3 deadlift pr
Pretty happy desu

Speaking of nasty shit I'm currently sitting on the toilet and what's this ... PLOP PLOP.. PLOOOOP PLOP plop

You see I'm placing some STINKY SMELLY Norman khan into the toilets

oh my this stink factor is about a 5.7//10 today QUITE STINKY

apart from the odour it's a pretty standard Norman khan disposal id say

>squat 6 reps at 83%
>hard but not too bad
>next squat day
>squat 4 reps at 85%
>4th rep was the slowest grinder of a rep I've ever done in my life

please tell me I just had a bad day and haven't lost strenght

I would definitely go with option 3.

Only challenge would be either convincing them to let you do it or somehow overpowering them despite the gap between your strengths.

Would it count if you roofied them and sucked their dick while they are unconscious?

If you wanted to do it the hard way and simply fight them to suck the dick, you would have to make linear progression. Say you want Klokov's strength it would be foolish to gun right for him from the start. You would have to start with local powerlifters then work your way up through the ranks. Kinda like DBZ.

Maybe you peaked and it was strength you never had ;^)

Pure anime post.

Adidas powerlift 2 or power pefect 2?

Sensible people who want a reserved qt to start a family wth will choose 1
Live fast die young chads like Zyzz or Pianoman will choose 2
Homosexuals and BnHA readers will choose 3

The correct answer is obviously 1, you get to eat pizza and pbj every day, wash it down with beer, do a brosplit and still make mad gains, you may even get to be the first Mr. O at 80 years old if you play your cards right.

Now I'm curious as to how many dicks worth of strength are between klokov and me

Meant for

>test max
>90kg rpe 10
>do 80kg x 8 straight after
>estimated 1rm is 100kg

Why am I do bad at maxing?

the body isn't a mathematical equation so those formulas don't work for everybody all the time

What should I do to get better at maxing?

The pump from reps is nice but it ain't powerlifting

Whoever gave me this is based AF

Literally only one, Klokov's own dick. He said it's not cumulative

I just started that too. Did your 1rm go up?

You either don't practice high intensity singles enough, or you're a mental GDE who is scared of trying hard and being brave.

The DBZ guy was saying you would have to suck a dick of someone slightly stronger than you so you can overpower someone stronger and keep climbing up that way. These strong guys aint gonna just let you slob on thier stuff.

Adipowers. Never buy a compressable heel.