A simple proof that "MUH CALORIES" shit you guys spew is unscientific nonsense

A simple proof that "MUH CALORIES" shit you guys spew is unscientific nonsense.

>eating 3500 calorie surplus is supposed to lead to 1 lb of fat gained.
>Vegetable oil contains 900 calories per 100 grams.
>3500 calories worth of vegetable oil weights only 0.88lbs.
>Eating 0.88lbs of vegetable oil is somehow supposed to make you 1lb heavier

Violates conservation of mass, retards.

>what is metabolic inaccuracy

A pound of fat is ROUGHLY 3500kcal. This is not a definite value however because fat production and density can vary between each person. And besides, fat isn't just calories. There are more products in fat than in the calories that make them.

But you agree then. If I eat 3500 calories of vegetable oil, and expend 0 calories, then I will not gain 1lb of fat. So calories in/calories out is bullshit.

No, you most likely will, because here's still roughly 3500kcal in that fat, it's just that the fat has water in it as well.

>you most likely will

You really think that consuming 0.88lbs of material can make me somehow 1lb heavier? You guys are fucking retarded.

Yes, because calories aren't turned straight into fat and fat isn't purely calories.

Calories aren't a physical thing, they're a unit of energy. Calories are molecules of things that combine and get broken down. Fat is several different molecules.

That's all great, but you still haven't explained how consuming 0.88lbs turns into 1lbs.

If I burnt 0.88lbs vegetable oil in a closed container, do you think the weight of the container would go up to 1lb?

You are legitimately one of the dumbest people on this website holy shit

I told you exactly how it happens. The molecules in that vegetable oil get rearranged in the body to form triglycerides, the most common form of stored fat, which is typically a larger molecule than the initial molecule from the food. This means that other components are added to it that lead to a more massive molecule. These additional components can be non-nutritional, so not caused by exceeding that 3500kcal.

And burning something and comparing weight before and after isn't how you gauge the kcal content of fat, it's (part of) how you determine the kcals of that item.

Are you intentionally being stupid or do you just not know these things?

I'm not the one disregarding basic fucking science.

>if I burnt 0.88 lbs vegetable oil in a closed container, do you think weight of the container would go up 1lb?
No one is actually this fucking stupid right?

0.88lbs is the entire weight of everything I'm eating. It is the sum of every last molecule in the vegetable oil.

So I ingest of 0.88lbs of vegetable oil molecules. There is no way for my body to rearrange these molecules to make them weight 1lb. That violates conservation of mass.

Include me in the screenshot

You'd be surprised. Just look at how many people in this thread are arguing that it would.

Your body isn't making fat out of just the oil molecules. The water in your body is being broken to help create hydrogen and oxygen attachments, as well as and additional carbons. Your body is filled with "extra" material specifically for processes just like this. You're not living day to day with "just enough".

As well, fat is typically saturated with water, which adds to the weight.

As well as adding*, and not to confuse you to think that water contains carbon.

>Your body isn't making fat out of just the oil molecules. The water in your body is being broken to help create hydrogen and oxygen attachments, as well as and additional carbons. Your body is filled with "extra" material specifically for processes just like this. You're not living day to day with "just enough".

That shit is already included in my body weight.

My body has X lbs of water, Y lbs of fat, and Z lbs of other relevant shit.

When I ingest A lbs of vegetable oil, my body weight immediately should be X + Y + Z + A. And you "muh calories" retards are arguing that if I just wait awhile, somehow reorganizing the molecules inside my body is going to make weight more than X + Y + Z + A

Are you implying that you never drink water? Or that you never expel water?

>That's all great, but you still haven't explained how consuming 0.88lbs turns into 1lbs.

By bonding water for example

Calories in/out is bullshit though your reasoning is mistaken as well

3500 is an estimation and varies
900 calories per 100g is an estimation and varies
you could gain 0.88, you could gain 1 or gain less, the point is that youd gain somewhere around 1lb
but keep making retarded threads on Veeky Forums you 400 pound fat tub of lard

You don't consider how the weight of the oxygen molecules you breath in are used and converted to mass ?

[spoiler]desting[/spoiler]

In this experiment I don't.

I'm saying that I take myself exactly as I am, and drink 0.88lbs of vegetable oil, and spend 0 calories. How the fuck am I supposed to have gained a pound of fat.

your body is more of a processing machine than stable container of stuff
thats why your linear equations wont work here buddy

Is this the continuation from yesterday's thread with the sub80 Iq vegan?

Because you don't immediately gain that fat and biologically will drink water in that time or face the consequences of reduced digestion that will ensue and not take in all of those calories.

Your argument doesn't work because the processes in the human metabolic chain don't work independently of each other. Hence why it's a chain and not a string.

See, its a simple calories in/calories out thing is it? It also apparently has to factor in the air breath and the water you drink.

See

Complex biological processes do not operate within a vacuum. The very process of breathing removes carbon from your body and causes weight loss.

>Your argument doesn't work because the processes in the human metabolic chain don't work independently of each other. Hence why it's a chain and not a string.

Don't you realize that statement also invalidates calories in/calories out?

But that's beside the point. Vegetable oil has water in it as well, so part of that 0.88lbs is water. There is no body mechanism anywhere in any metabolic chain that can magically make me weigh more than the sum of my parts.

Gr8 b8 m8. I'll bite. A calorie is a unit of energy. Since you're so keen on the whole conservation of mass thing, then you should know that energy does not magically change into mass when you cream it down your throat. A lb of fat stores calories, it's not made out of them. Back to junior high with you

i bet you know all about "creaming it down your throat"

So its not calories in/calories out. Which is my point. Saying that if you eat X calories more than you spend will gain you Y weight, or saying if you spend X more calories than you eat will lose you Y weight is absolute nonsense.

if i drink 16 oz of 0 calorie water i temporarily gain 1 lb. calorie fags BTFOOOOOO ZOMG

You're right, because your body doesn't strictly convert food to fat. Because fat isn't ever made of the source molecule(s). By ingestion of water and the non nutritional vitamins (no calories) you are taking in the components that work to build fat.

You're either really dumb, or this is a test of knowledge of Veeky Forums

>arguing about whether or not this faggot OP would gain 1 pound or .88 pounds
>Faggot OP expending 0 calories
>Burning 0 calories
>OP is dead obviously

Yes it's not as simple as CICO but this hae nothing to do with equating the weight of food to weight gain. Calorie content =/= weight of food. There is a strong relationship between calories and weight loss/gain but fat, carb and protein content influence this.

Please reread the part about how fat stores excess energy. Then try to learn something in seventh grade biology. Sucking your teacher's dick will only get you so far

even if you were right and this was some sort of mythical extenuating circumstance, calories in/calories out still would be the best framework in which a person can lose or gain weight in a healthy, safe, and efficient manner

I feel like we just spent a half hour explaining this kids homework for him.

Have you ever bulked on a lot of food? You start shitting out shit that's basically still food.

Since we're being scientific, the digestive system obviously doesn't have unlimited digestion abilities.

Yes you are because you aren't acknowledging any other factors in your equation other than the ones you want to acknowledge to further your own argument. Even if this means ignoring facts of reality.

Shouldn't you be writing a HAES blog?

A fat cell has water and other things that form the cell walls. Your body needs more than just food to create a fat cell.

Mirin' them digits mate

Great bait thread

Fat mass is not 100 percent fat cells, but a mixture of fluids and other things

>Work out tdee
>Eat slightly under it
>Consistently lose 1 pound per week

LIKE MAGIC N SHEEEIT

this

It's like the third day in a row I've seen this type of bait.

Haha wew user, I forgot that fat tissue is 100% fat and 0% water

This is why you don't listen to the morons in nutritionfacts you'll end up like OP

>numbers in a vacuum
Your refutation is as retarded as you purport CICO to be

Tripdubsman is right, the process of digestion and how the body synthesizes food and nutrients into usable resources is a HUGE complicated fucking chain of voodoo and biochemistry and shit but generally for us streetwalkers it boils down to "you burn about X calories a day, so eat above/below X for Y desired effect."

Life on this shit earth is way too complicated to be arguing over something that just works.

>eating 3500 calorie surplus is supposed to lead to 1 lb of fat gained.
Which means around 7720 Kcals for a Kg of Fat gained .
>But Fat has 9000 Kg per kilo durHurrr
WOaaaa , it's almost like like adipocyte are like only 85% Fat .

Which is heavier? A kilogram of steel or a kilogram of feathers?

Checkmate, religionfags.

>eating 3500 calorie surplus is supposed to lead to 1 lb of fat gained
wrong

This is the best bait I've seen in a while. Good job OP.

Which is hevier? A kilogram of vegetable oil or al kilogram of body fat?

It's the same , a kg of vegetable oil is 1000g of fat and a Kg of Body fat is 850G of fat & 150g of water & protein

Calories are a measurement of the amount of energy contained in a molecule. Every action of your body requires energy. When you take in more energy than you need, your body will store the energy for later use.

When you eat the 0.88lbs of vegetable oil your body will digest it and break it down into its components to use as energy. When that energy isn't used your body will compact those components back together, making it an entirely different thing because your body doesn't just store straight vegetable oil, adds water, and stores it.

So the amount of weight you gain is not related to the weight of the food you eat. It is related to the amount of energy (calories) your body is storing for later use as well as the water and cholesterol to store it.

The 3500kcal per pound number is under the assumption that you are otherwise operating like a normal human being, with the only thing changing being the amount of calories you eat.
Would you argue that weight loss due to dehydration disproves CICO? The fat you eat needs water as well to be properly digested and formed into body fat, so when you drink your vegetable oil "in isolation" you're slightly dehydrating yourself and not disproving shit.

/thread

And before you say "well if I drink the same amount of water then conservation of mass still applies and I can't get that .12lb from anywhere", "operating like a normal human being" means drinking whatever amount of water is needed to sustain your biological processes (including digestion) because normal people don't/can't operate at a constant state of dehydration. And the weight gain effect on normal people is the only thing that's relevant because the 3500kcal figure and CICO are references for normal operating humans. You could probably have a lot of strange things happen with the human body under strict conditions in a lab (many of which would be unhealthy) - no one gives two fucks about this because it's irrelevant.

Before we go any further, I think we first need to provide a concrete definition of what energy is

Try it

>How can a one pound piece of coal generate enough energy to move multiple times it's own mass worth of equipment!
>Checkmate conservation of mass!

Retard

>I was only pretending to be retarded
There is no fucking way this dude believes what he's saying, stop replying to him.

>eating an atomic bomb
>doesn't immediately gain 285.71 pounds of fat ( i the math)
>science is bullshit

>100g : 900cal
>1g : 9cal
>1lb = ~454g
>454g * 9cal/g = 4,086cal
Nice math

Fuck off retard go drink vegetable oil somewhere else. You drinking vegetable oil is basically cannibalism

Fair point. Where does the extra mass come from? Magic?

body fat is not 100% lipids. it varies, but around 85% roughly, that's where op gets 3500 kcal

Kek

how does water have mass with no calories? checkmate atheists and christians.

I just drank a pound of water and gained a pound even though no calories. what bullshit

Tell me user, are you sexually active?

in this experiment you die of thirst

What is water

Is uranium the ultimate bulking food?

Did you mean what has more calories?

it just might be

WATER YOU STUPID CUNT

YOU WILL STORE WATER IN YOUR NEWFOUND FAT, OR YOU WILL DEHYDRATE

YOU GOD DAMN STUPID MOTHERFUCKING CUNT YOU ARE DENSE

Uranium confirmed perfectly safe, panic buy now

>it a gram of uranium
>never have to eat ever again
sounds good to me

lmao best troll is best.

Calories aren't stored btw. It's the glycogen that gets converted to body fat when the stores are full and the insulin spikes. You could eat 5000 calories a day and stay lean.

It needs the approval of bodybuilding.com

You missed the point. Obviously metabolic equations are much more complicated, but my point is that it's pretty damn close and OP is just an obtuse faggot.

mc^2 ;^)

brainwashed by keto, i see

Okay here's the best way to explain it:
1lb of fat is roughly 3500 calories. Emphasis on 1lb OF FAT. Not 1lb of oil, uranium, or whatever. Burning roughly 3500 calories will burn 1lb of fat on average.

Describes the loss in mass created by formation of atomic bonds. Try again

How would you sell a study on the effect of uranium on muscles? Like, what's your pitch?
>we wanna see what kinds of gains you can make bulking on pure Uranium

It's highschool science. Basic wikipedia read is enough to understand the convept

The 0.88lbs of oil sitting in your stomach is not body fat. The oil must first be anabolized with water and other materials, both of which would otherwise be excreted as waste, to produce said fat. Does the fact that flour and bread or dry and prepared pasta have different weights but the same number of calories confuse you as well?

But you breathe in a fuckton of air as well... How do you think you lose weight? You don't just shit out fat, you expend it in exhalants. You won't gain 1lb of fat though because your body will literally not be able to produce enough bile to prevent that oil from turning into an indigestible emulsion in your stomach/intestines.

The reason CICO is tarded is because your body isn't a bomb calorimeter, you will shit out some food, there's different thermic effects of food, very different efficiencies when it comes down to activity, etc.

Fat isn't pure oil you fuck monkey. There's water and protein in there too.