Is keto the solution to diabetes? Or dairymeatindustry/jewish propaganda?

Is keto the solution to diabetes? Or dairymeatindustry/jewish propaganda?

I don't know who to trust anymore. I feel like all news is fake news. Even if I agree with it, even if isolated facts in it are correct, it's still fake news. In that, there's still an agenda behind writing that article in that certain way from that certain angle highlighting that certain issue published in that certain medium for that certain audience, at that certain moment in time.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/19/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/
reddit.com/r/keto/search?q=diabetes&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all
youtube.com/watch?v=eUiSCEBGxXk
youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc
youtube.com/watch?v=MPL2RYilUms
youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My understanding currently is that diabetes can have many causes, and keto might help control your blood sugar well as a type 2 diabetic. It won't cure shit, and to me it doesn't seem like a healthy long term solution.

I'm eating low carb high fat, though not keto levels, but once I drop body fat to 15% or lower I'm going to see how my body responds to a more normal diet.

Good luck, dude.

Naw man. Diabetes is caused by saturated fats mainly. You can only hide the symptoms with keto but the diabetes is still there. IF you wanna treat diabetes a high carb low fat whole food plant based diet is your Way to go

Dont fucking do keto please. You need carbs. Low carbs and high fat and protein diet greatly increase the chance of heart disease.

nutritionfacts.org/2015/05/19/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow/

>Those sticking to the vegetarian diet showed a reversal of their heart disease as expected. Their partially clogged arteries literally got cleaned out. They had 20% less atherosclerotic plaque in their arteries at the end of the year than at the beginning. What happened to those who abandoned the treatment diet, and switched over to the low-carb diet? Their condition significantly worsened. 40% to 50% more artery clogging at the end of the year.

Anyone doing keto long term is literally putting themself in an early grave. Following this diet for weight loss aesthetic reasons is beyond retarded. The only reason people see results from it is because its inherently a low calorie diet and the lack of carbs makes you drop water weight extremely fast.
You can still eat carbs and lose weight. In fact, having a high amount of carbs while you lose weight is the best way to do it. You retain water and glyocgen, and therefore retain strengoth and muscle size.

no fasting is

morons

I don't think keto necessarily is the answer, but it does help manage the insulin spikes associated with carbs and sugars. My dad's siblings have type 2 diabetes but he doesn't because he doesn't like sugary foods or baked goods.

>Diabetes is caused by saturated fats mainly

how can people be this uninformed? like honestly HOW

I don't understand how there's so many fucking retard mongoloids when it comes to nutrition.

ITS NOT HARD TO FUCKING GOOGLE.

Diabetes is caused by Insulin Resistance. If you stop eating carbohydrates/sugar the body does not need to produce insulin.

Thousands have reversed their diabetes

reddit.com/r/keto/search?q=diabetes&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

youtube.com/watch?v=eUiSCEBGxXk

youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc

youtube.com/watch?v=MPL2RYilUms

youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ

that's what scientists thought a few decades ago

so? is it still a few decades ago now?

jason fung is my nigga

keto rage is real, avoid it.

stop eating

Yeah, I'm a moron for trying to warn people to not kill themselves. Keep promoting suicide asshole

just answering your question, calm down kid

how does that answer my question?

if you don't know the answer to that then i can't help you sweetie

Stupid question. Is ketosis the only way your body burns fat?

I mean if you eat like 1000cals/day does ketosis kick in at some point and burns some fat to get energy until you eat again? ( a low state of ketosis )
I know it's not an on off switch, you can have low or be full 100% on the keto state?

Or does the body have other ways to burn fat , and ketosis only starts to emerge after 2-3 days of fasting?

Theres definitely something to it. Only carbs I get are from vegetables and I have been dropping weight like mad.

This is a retarded ass vegan shill post
what the health has infected this user

>Is keto the solution to diabetes?

Consider that diabetes is caused by insulin resistance making the body unable to process carbs. High fat diets, especially high saturated fat diets, cause insulin resistance the same way that being fat does. Eating keto does not fix diabetes, but masks the problem by avoiding carbs.

It's like if you had a broken toilet and your solution to fix it was to just not use the toilet anymore.

>If you stop eating carbohydrates/sugar the body does not need to produce insulin.

Your body still requires insulin even if you eat no carbs.

I can't talk to the propaganda element, but I can tell you what results I saw.

>be me, ~20kg overweight
>decide to cut in conjunction with new workout circuit that I've been on for 1 1/2months. research keto. decide to do it with room mate, gonna make it bro
>fucking hate the repetitiveness of the diet, but stick to it
>have a 2 week on, 1 week off rotation
>lose 7kg in first rotation. put on 2kg during the 1 week I can have carbs. Discover I fucking hate bread now, don't do pasta anymore.
>have coffee dependence, discover that almond/coconut milk in my morning joe works fine. Do it when I'm off keto diet.
>Cycle back on to diet. Lose another 6kg. Cycle off, find myself eating less carbs than the last time I did it. Put another kg back on, but hold steady on it.
>meanwhile have doubled my weights, feeling more alert and fitter.
>decide not to drastically cut carbs, but go about halfway through the diet.
>still losing roughly a kg a week.
>building muscle
>nearly at optimum weight for height.

Long story short. Maybe do it enough to see some initial results and use it to decarb your diet. Carbs are important, but western diets are so bloody carbohydrate heavy, if you just decrease your intake and get used to the reduction you will probably enjoy a reasonably balanced diet.

>You need carbs.
>Carbs are important

None of these statements is true.

Maybe he should of specified
>Carbs are important for training.

true, but that's not the biggest concern for a diabetic

>should of

>Is ketosis the only way your body burns fat?
Not the only way. But it is a state that seriously favors fat burning over glucose burning.
For example, when you sleep, you're essentially fasting, so your insulin goes down and you can burn fats. Intermittent fasting, water fasting, consuming low glycemic index foods, cutting out sugar, all these things lower your insulin and allow for more fat burning. In the case of lowering overall calories, you're essentially lowering the glycemic load of your meals, so less insulin is needed to process that intake, again lowering the overall insulin levels, and therefore allowing for fat burning. Even the vegan diets work the same, if they restrict the added sugars and go for more fresh stuff.
So there are many ways to achieve fat burning. People go for whatever works for them, and then start flamewars about their preferred method while ignoring that we have different physiologies.