Be Veeky Forums

>Be Veeky Forums
>Move to another country (foreign language)
>Executive Position on the office
>Want to meet people
>You never meet any one on the gym
>Want to try a martial art

Which martial arts are good enough for me to try out? Nothing that will fuck my whole face if possible.

Do you want to punch and kick or grapple?

As long as I don't get visible bruises, I'm up for anything. Not Karate though, shit's boring as fuck.

I'm thinking of going to a muay thai class

>As long as I don't get visible bruises
I don't think you know how martial arts work. This rules out all of them.

Not OP, but at least we all know you're clueless.

WHAT FOREIGN COUNTRY DID YOU MOVE TO?

how can you not include this in OP

judo or bjj

Germany

It will depend on the country, and dojo/gym, I highly recommend BJJ since they tend to have a really friendly and serious approach at the same time, besides, it's way more complicated than most people think.

Muay thai or a normal Kickboxing , or even a MMA gym can be great for you too, but I think it depends on the dojo/gym. and the culture of the people that go there.

This. Both if you can

Judo, Bjj, aikido

Kyokushin Karate, or any grappling.
Depending on country, look into native martial arts with a provable history

for "self-defense training hybrids" consider Krav Maga or Sambo.
if you want to throw people around, learn Judo or freestyle wrestling.
for groundwork: BJJ.
if you want to learn kicks and punches: Muay Thai, full-contact Karate, Taekwondo
for punch-focused work, western boxing is great.

avoid all disciplines featuring kicks or punches to the head if you value your cognitive health.
yes, it's that harmful.

Muay Thai is really fun, train that with a grapple and you'll actually be dangerous

this go kyokushin

A word for self-defense, you definitely want to train with resistance. Actual sparring and the like.

boxing and wrestling is master race. everything else is fluff

How you finding it? Im supposed to be moving there for university and im shitting myself.

>op wants no bruises
>advice faggots: go full contact striking ma
stay in your basements

When I had responded, I only saw that he didn't want to be hit in the face. Kyokushin has a reputation for not using face punching, at least in regular sparring.

he said he want to keep his pretty face

also he ll get a new familly at the dojo

If you want a useful system of self-defense: BJJ

If you want a bunch of Internet tough guys to jerk you off as you develop CTE: Boxing

If you want to be fucking retarded and waste your time: anything else

Apart from the language it's alright. But that really depends from where you come from.

>BJJ
>Useful

>aikido

Probably juijitsu or judo.
Boxing might break your nose even if you spar lightly

Judo or wrestling?

BJJ/judo. BJJ is easier on your body but judo will teach you takedowns that you can just drop someone and disengage if you're interested in martial arts from a self-defense standpoint.

Plus it's so fucking satisfying when you land a good submission on somebody.

I'm a BJJ fag that has tried Judo/Wrestling/Kickboxing/Karate/Muay Thai.

BJJ while also being arguably the most useful for self defence, is a sport with an incredibly high skill ceiling and complexity.

The sport/community is also at the highest it's ever been, so the opportunity for competition/social involvement is strong.

Boxing or MMA? If you're a boxing type person, do Judo. If you're an MMA type person, do wrestling.

They're both such beautiful arts, I wish I could do both.

Name me a martial art that can't give you bruises.

>inb4 aikido or capoeira
Dance class doesn't count

Is it really that harmful? I mean, I know that you can get punch drunk and all that shit, but that generally happens if you spar to much or get knocked out too many times, and I'm not refering to getting knocked out cold, if you are already kinda retarded due to some punches in the sparring session that can be dangerous.

Anyway, I heard that if you spar from time to time (a few times a week) and get pretty well rested betwen the sessions you will probably be okay.

>BJJ best for self-defense

Plain wrong, BJJ gets you on the ground by default and that's something you always want to avoid on the street. It's great if you know there will be only one opponent to subdue but you don't have this luxury in real situations.

Kickboxing is a lot of fun, you don't have to do hard sparring

good luck on the ground against a blue belt bjj

>Butt scoots towards me
I back away
>Asks me to get on the ground so we can start since he no practice takedowns
I decline with kicks to the head

>Taekwondo
don't listen tho this guy

so whats a good swlf defence class for real life situations

ie: some drunk guys on a night out trying to attack you

against a drunkard? Anything

youre not really supposed to beat drunk people up, just walk away because theyre not in their right mind

> getting glasses and kicked in head
> better walk away and not defend myaelf

Against a group of people your only bet would be to run away anyways.

FUCK YOU DELET THIS

Corporate BJJ fag, I travel for work and there's gyms all over the world where I can drop in to meet nice people with high skill levels. IDK about self defense I live in a really nice neighborhood and I have several guns. Still I compete a lot so if I can beat those guys I can probably beat a thug on the street.

It's also inevitable if you go to a BJJ gym every day that you'll learn some basic striking and footwork that will make you a lot safer in a street situation. Leg kick/jab combos and a blue belt in BJJ is enough to absolutely son the average attacker.