How do you fix your posture?

How do you fix your posture?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
youtube.com/watch?v=APRTjRmBAhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deadlifts and Squats

there's specific physio stuff i could go into, but the short of it is to literally just sit up straight.

I don't know. But I'm most definitely already losing feeling in my fingers because of compressed disk issues from years of bad posture and not doing anything about it lol

Heavy squats

kek it's the virgin from the chad memes

Depends what part of it needs fixed.

it was worth it though r-right

Back training, his traps and back are welcome and relaxed.

Besides that chair with no back support hunches everybody after a while sitting so it made his posture worse

not really haha, part of my forearm also goes numb and I'm probably losing muscle faster than I'm gaining it lol

GOLEM GET YE GONE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs

Guy was a a bit nervous but it really works bros

According to Doctor (((Berg))) it's actually the opposite.

youtube.com/watch?v=APRTjRmBAhM

we're not talking about 80-year-olds with dowager humps. there are specific things you can do to improve thoracic spinal mobility, yes. but for the 20-year-old who has shit posture from playing mobas visiting Veeky Forums so that he doesn't look like the virgin vs chad meme, he needs to just sit up straight and lift.

This. Deads seriously made me start standing and sitting better without much effort on my part

My orthopedist told me to stop doing them because they develop the muscles which create the disbalances and that makes my scoliosis even worse.

stretch, dummy

I do, what does that have to do with anything

you can try them with low weight imo, if you get more pain then stop. but i would test it

snatch and clean and jerk.

if you are not balanced throughout your body you will fail the lifts.

it is that simple.

if you stretch, then you shouldn't be creating any new imbalances. if you have severe scoliosis, then you shouldn't be lifting in the first place. most people have a mild functional scoliosis, but it's not a death sentence. if you lift correctly and stretch, then you should be fine.

that is, unless you have severe structural scoliosis.

Stand more than sit

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Bad Posture Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Stand Up Straight Haha

I don't feel any pain while lifting. In fact I even feel better after a heavy back workout and she basically told me to stop lifting completely. Idek if I should listen to my orthopedist anymore...
She said my scoliosis is mostly muscular and according to her it caused slight lordosis and kyphosis too. I don't think it's severe since no one ever noticed it and it's hard even for me unless I'm naked infront of the mirror.

It's hard to just "stand up straight" when your entire spine is fucked

Corrective stretches and exercises. You people aren't realizing that exercises like the squat will often have you develop a certain imbalance to make up for a temporary weakness in the movement. Even the snatch is more likely to reveal weaknesses instead of actually correcting them. You'll sometimes even correct certain posture errors, but develop different ones related to shoulder rotation and hip flexion -- more subtle ones, but that will increase muscle tightness and compound over time, leading to great loss of flexibility and injury. It's a good idea to take twenty minutes a day to do some physio like shoulder mobility exercises, scapular retraction and the like. I've been doing it for a while and it's paying off enormously.

If you feel like just stretching your tight bodyparts isn't working, consider your posture might be keeping them tense even when you're not activating them, which will shorten them and hinder your mobility a lot.

i'm the guy who told you to stretch. i'm a physical therapist.

orthopedists, especially young ones, can be extremely conservative. if you have muscular imbalances resulting in a slight scoliosis, then i would seek help from a physical therapist to learn how and what to stretch. i would go to a younger, sports-minded PT if you can. the clinic i work in is attached to a gym, so i help out younger athletes occasionally.

if lifting is important to you, then it should be equally important to get your body right so that you can do it safely and pain free. i'm not saying your orthopedist is wrong, i'm just saying that a lot of docs aren't keen on nonsurgical protocols to fix shit.

>implying your orthopedist knows better than Veeky Forums

just stop

Thank you for the advice, appreciate it. I'll look for a physical therapist even though I doubt there is a good one around. It was hard to find a decent orthopedist. By the way she told me I should start running and swimming, which I hate, instead of lifting. What do you think about that?

you should be running or swimming anyway.

kind of funny that she scared you with apparently significant enough spinal deviations to keep you from lifting and then recommends you perform the repetitive, jarring act of running on top of said deviations. hm.

i'm telling you, as a therapist, it is like pulling teeth sometimes getting a referral from a doc for shit like this.

Start sleeping on the floor, not even joking.

This so hard. It will be hell for the first few nights. When I started doing it I didn't get good nights sleep until the 5th or 6th night.

As long as your floor is flat it should be alright.

On my back right? What about sleep paralysis

just enjoy the ride, I wish those shadow fucks would come for me.