When can children begin lifting?

When can a child begin lifting weights? Will they really stunt their growth if they begin too soon?

That little shit actually snatched 70kg? Honestly that's really impressive

2bh it's a myth to keep the youth cucked and weak

You can pretty much start lifting heavy at 15

That's an urban myth. There's no stunted growth when kids start lifting weights from a young age. No "short" muscles either. There is however the pretty real danger of doing it wrong and fucking shit up pretty badly by doing so. A bad injury will haunt you for the rest of life.

So with proper guidance and training there isn't any real danger. Unless they manage to get to the really heavy weights that will simply take its toll on the joints. That's also obviously a bad habit to get into from such a young age.

I dont know, maybe its not a coincidence that most lifters are sub 6 foot manlets.

Basketball players being over 6 feet tall is not a coincidence either.

If you're wondering why Olympic lifters and power lifters are usually on the short side its because being short is actually in your advantage when picking up heavy shit. And by a pretty large margin even when you're talking about professional amounts of weight. That 8 inch shorter range of motion actually matters when you're trying to dead lift 800+ lbs.

She's probably 37...

its actually the other way around. if you are a manlet, you have a ROM and short limbs advantage

Weight lifting does not stunt growth.
The reason for small lifter in the olympics/world class is cause they start roiding around 14 and that can stunt your growth. Especially china as soon as you get in those olympic training schools you are a walking pharmacy. And it is even better to be small so you can get maximum muscles in your weigjtclass

Learn them to program or something instead, so they can become Bill Gates and shit.

Even more reason to abort my half asian sons.

they can't scientifically prove it because to do so would be an unethical experiment

That is not nice, what makes you say that?

No one knows if it stunts your growth but are you willing to spend the rest of your life being 5'7" because you lifted before you turned 18?

>train a sport that makes the body respond by GROWING
>think it makes you short
It's too late for you but if by the grace of god the condom breaks and you are blessed with progeny you now know what you need to do to make sure they don't grow up small and pathetic like you, right?

The fact that they would be motivated, have goals, and probably not browse Veeky Forums.

Congrats on the medals Cheekie

Not letting them be influenced by mid twenties losers who spent their adolescence being lazy and eternally stunting their emotional intellectual spiritual and sexual growth and called fit and active people assholes?

Will force them to go outside and play and get them into basic calisthenics organized sports and playing instruments.

A man with a plan, see there's hope for the next generation yet.

that's a c&j dude

Mixed or pure?

Who is this semen demon?

Elsa Hosk

Please don't reproduce. You're fucking retarded.

Please kys you moron.

You don't win with ad hominem

krillin?

The rationale is the physiological mechanism behind the growth plates in your bones fusing. Normally, that shit keeps growing until late puberty when an excess of sex hormones go, "Alright, time to stop."

Thing with lifting heavy? It increases test synthesis. This leads to an increase in muscle mass, but can also fuse your growth plates prematurely. Admittedly, this is somewhat speculative since definite studies on kids lifting haven't been done. But, we know the mechanism for growth plates fusing and we know that lifting can bring about an increase in the hormones associated with said mechanism. Therefore, it is generally assumed that heavy lifting pre-puberty can stunt growth.

>most basketball players are black
>therefore playing basketball turns you black

You do realise that what he said and what you said, is nothing alike?

DYELs get off my board pl0x.

Maybe learn some reading comprehension you damn retard

>I dont know, maybe its not a coincidence that most lifters are sub 6 foot manlets.

They don't need to lift the weights as high.

Not exactly rocket science.

No, I'm still right. (meaning, that is)

That's where you're wrong

Bottom right is a snatch. It looks like 77kg but I doubt it is.

No no, I'm right.

nuh-uh

worlds best weightlifter is like 6'7

See, I win.

Nope

But is.

>mfw random loli c&js my bodyweight

You can't be this stupid

that because he's so tall he actually counts as short

People have been lifting heavy shit for thousands of years just because they had to. You're extremely gullible if you actually believe that lifting results in stunted growth.

Then why has every winner of the World's Strongest Man competition in the history of that competition been at least 6'0 ( 7'0 in one case).

>Therefore, it is generally assumed that heavy lifting pre-puberty can stunt growth.

No it's not. No professional body says this. The American Academy of Pediatrics says nothing like this in their latest positional paper on weight training in children.

Being small isn't an advantage in being strong. Short people dominate weightlifting and powerlifting because it's a WEIGHT CLASS SPORT. The shorter you are, the higher your BMI in your weight class. In the heaviest weight classes, those dudes are all tall as fuck, because being a large human is advantageous for lifting heavy shit.

Yeah but he has short limbs soooooo

Not really, so you're wrong

>all the manlets butthurt over this comment

You did good today, my friend

look at the numbers on the plate user

for weight classed lifting, being shorter is better.
But WSM isn't weight classed, it's only concerned with who can lift the most weight. simply put, taller people have more surface area to put mass on.

I'd love to read a paper on that, got anything from pubmed or a title I can through into sci.hub?

Fuck I'm high. Meant to write pass into sci.hub and go through but wound up with one fucked phrase.

he's talking about the pic she's holding up. Looks like a red 25kg

underrated

kek

>tfw no loli weightlifter gf

>When can a child begin lifting weights?

Right fucking now godammit.

I didn't waste all the cash on HGH for nothing.

Maybe it's not a coincidence that most men are sub 6 foot manlets.

Excess testosteron does not fuse growth plate. It is the excess estrogen which gets converted from testosteron.

>I dont know, maybe its not a coincidence that most americans are sub 6 foot manlets.

I see the future

This honestly. Who would risk that. Being tall is immensely better, don't risk your kid's entire happiness for having some middle school gains

man I loved that girl on Code Lyoko

fucking pedo