5 Foot 7

5 Foot 7
155lbs
Body Fat 27%

Just started a few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I know hardly anything. Should I cut then bulk or should I Bulk then Cut weight?

Cut cut cut

>tfw forever 12% body fat

At 27%bf you should definitely cut. Don't fall for the bulking meme like I did though. Get to a low bf% (10-12%) then you can consider doing a lean bulk.

Recomp.
Assuming you're male, cutting is stupid at that bodyweight, and bulking is stupid at that bodyfat%.

Stop eating so much?

So what should I do? Most people I ask say just cut then bulk

40% mustard trace curving in

You should already be water fasting.

I’m definitely DYEL and sitting at probably 20%, I’ve been doing a leanish bulk since I started a few months ago, keep going that way or cut? I don’t care much about getting shredded, I just want to be big and strong without gaining much more fat.

>pic
Why does 35% look better than 30%?

Gomad

Recomp meaning don't gain or lose any weight for now, just worry about getting your lifts up. At 155lbs and 27% bodyfat (if that's really accurate), they must be pretty low; you can't possibly have much muscle mass. So I'd worry about just building lots of muscle at your current bodyweight for now. You can worry about cutting or bulking later on.

meant to reply to

Because these pics are wildly inaccurate

If I start lifting heavier and heavier At around what point should I start bulking or cutting then?

I still don't understand how you're supposed to cut cut cut as a blob whilst doing something like 5x5 SL. Do you just hammer out those routines and suck up the shitty (strength) gains (after the initial novie stage) in exchange for weight loss? The sticky doesn't really say this stage will make your lifts suffer. even though it obviously will.

As a beginner you gain muscle while cutting. It's the ONLY moment in your fucking "lifting career" that this is going to happen, so you can get away with it. Obviously, it depends on how drastically you cut and how much fat you have.

I've been lifting + cutting for 3 months and I'm still gaining strength, I don't know how much it's going to last though.

I sopped there, at that point, you are enjoying food and also ripped.
No point in further sacrifices on life, you got 80% of work done.

don't do this
do this

recomping is slow as fuck, you need to become less fat right now

recomp and cardio is the only correct answer

Always cut first. Bulking above 15% is just stupid, it wrecks your hormones.

literally best mode.

this is correct, look at this OP

bulk
do SS + GOMAD