Guy at my gym who is there every time i am own these weightlifting shoes. And theyre like 30% off so i really want them...

Guy at my gym who is there every time i am own these weightlifting shoes. And theyre like 30% off so i really want them, should i buy them anyways and not give a fuck? Pic related

Only if you really care about back squats. If not, no.

t. bought a pair of rom2's, dont even back squat anymore, dont need them for front squats

I back squat like 2 days a week, so yea i do care, it not if i need the shoe or not, its more if its awkard to buy the same shoes he has

yeah I have a pair and theyre pretty comfy. I prefer the more "classic" aesthetic over newer shit too

are weightlifting shoes beneficial for actual athletes?
would they not benefit from training to be flexible enough not to need them?
i suppose linemen maybe

Just don't be that fucking guy who wears them 100% of the time no matter what exercise they are a doing

I think theyre benificial, clarence uses them, xu liajun uses them etc

I have other shoes i was planning on using on non leg days/when im deadlifting

Dont really feel like my question got answered, bump

I love them. Funny enough I value them most in the bench. Changed the game for my squats ofcourse.

clarence uses them, they are good mid-price shoes
every weightlifter uses them, and a good amount of powerlifters use them for squats because they give good stability along with the heel

if your question was "will it be awkward" the answer is no you autist. hed probably recommend you get a pair if you asked him

Thanks for all the answers

I just bought them on eBay a month ago. Have really improved my back squat and dl since I have super flat feet. I'd recommend them but like bro said don't wear them entire time in gym. Bring a bag.

You guys are thinking of adipowers/romaleos. Serious athletes don't usually use compressible heel shoes.

>unironically changing shoe after squats so that you don't get seen benching with oly shoes
Now this is a special kind of autism.

>oly shoes
I'm having trouble comprehending why one cannot do all lifts in these shoes

>deadlifting in olyshoes

There's like 6 people at my gym now wearing these shoes, I was the first one.

>dont need them for front squats
Try hitting depth in the future

You shouldn't deadlift with lifting shoes. You need flat feet for that.

Power Perfect 2 have rock solid heels, people even use them in the Olympics

attention eurofags
adidas leistung II are 50% off in the adidas store

adidas PP2 have compressible heels, as all actual weightlifting shoes do. You know, there's not only adipowers/romaleos, what I've seen more recently is e.g. Reebok legacy lifters (e.g. Jiri orsag using them) or adidas leistung (e.g. rebeka koha) etc., there's a wide variety

incompressible*
and yeah, they are mid-level but good enough

You are under 6'0 tall.

What's wrong with dl in oly shoes? Helps me since my hams are so fucking tight. My feet over-pronate like hell and 350 lbs dl does not make my ankles feel so hot.

what gym do you go to OP?

Get indoor cleats OP shit isn't that comfy but its like super glueing your feet to the ground.

They create a small deficit on deadlifts, and they're heavy for a shoe so if you're doing weighted pull ups/dips you're actually lifting a whopping 2lbs more than your belt weighs, but in reality yeah you walk/drive to the gym in oly shoes, do your squats in oly shoes, do all your other lifts in oly shoes, and only need to take them off for deadlift variations.

Sounds like you need to try to lift with more vertical shins and maybe foam roll your hamstrings.

Thanks bro I'll try the whole foam roll meme. Been avoiding it for no good reason.

I know you probably shouldn't cheap out on oly/weightlifting shoes, but what are some good entry-level budget shoes? for squats and oly lifts