Why is the high fat diet becoming so popular? Ten years ago saturated fat was the devil in the fitness community...

Why is the high fat diet becoming so popular? Ten years ago saturated fat was the devil in the fitness community. Are carbs really worse for you than fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9101427
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cheese filled bacon is healthy! just don't put carbs on it or you'll get fat.

I forgot to say HURRRR DURRR muh mcdonalds study cholesterol is good too

>Are carbs really worse for you than fat?
yes
use google
>Ten years ago saturated fat was the devil in the fitness community.
big sugar paid for anti-fat studies in the 50s

Saturated fat is essential for high test levels.

>there are people who still debate over the positives and negatives of saturated fat while conveniently ignoring the fact saturated fat is bad for your arteries.

Using a high fat diet for anything other than short ketogenic weight loss is fucking stupid.

>Why is the high fat diet becoming so popular?

because its easier to sell stuff to people that they are gonna like

this thinking is stupid. Both, processed macros are bad. Carbs in generel are super good to lose weight, since its harder to gain weight by eating carbs (I'm not talking about refined sugar and fruit juice), do research on de novo lipogenesis.

Fat from whole foods like nuts and seeds is not bad but actually good aswell but there is a limit to healthy benefit of fat. You dont need to consume a lot but people consistently consume to much and in a combination of processed carbs/refined sugar, you will gain weight really fast.

The thing is, you will lose weight on both extreme diets (Highcarb or low carb) but just like in everything, balance is most important. Carbs should be your main source of energy, since they are just better for energy and overeating on whole food carbs is harder than whole food fats.

>HURR DURR muh mcdonalds egg study

>cheese filled bacon is healthy!

Fuck off low test retard

nah

this shit has gone on long enough. I've had it with you scientifically illiterate morans spreading your FILTH around the web.

fat kills. it's blatantly obvious. Go be an ignorant in silence with your fatty foods and your thick ass arteries.

Too much of anything is bad for you

>...fat kills. ...
and then the troll becomes obvious

you don't need to eat fat to get fatty acids you scientifically illiterate BUFFOON

you don't know anything about nutrition

there is no mechanism that you can point to for dietary sat fat being unhealthy you low test beta cuck

wanna bet? If I show the mechanism, you have to post your body.

It fucks your arteries, but increases test. Since I want to be either jacked or dead, it's a win-win.

The whole "increasing test" via diet is meaningless. So long as you're in the natural range you're not going to see any special/extra noticeable size or strength.

If you want additional gains from increased test you need to inject supra-physiological amounts, that increase your test 10-20 times base level (like being at 2500-5000ng/dl).

Say your test is 250ng/dl and you eat tons of saturated fats to get it to 500ng/dl, your not going to look or feel any different, and you've just fucked up your arteries. Congrats.

Steroid shill back at it.
YOU CANT CHANGE TEST BY EATING BETTER BEING MORE ACTIVE AND NOT MASTURBATING
ONLY DRUGS!!

Your a retard. Keto works, and is healthy. As long as your not ingesting processed bullshit, your fine.

Nice reading skills you retarded cunt.

i do nothing but gain weight on carbs due to my meds, keto is the only diet that has allowed me to lose weight. it also has massively helped my mood and helped decrease my schizo stuff. dont know one shit about the science behind it, but its results speak for itself for me, im planning on doing keto the rest of my life

Mono and poly are the good fats lads

>saturated fat is 1000 times more prone to oxidation than unsaturated fats yet saturated fat is the one being bad for your arteries

Okay go ahead post the thing

I hate it when people like you try to talk medical science but fail completely.

T. Actual Heart surgeon

your

It's easy to stick to in a sense that you are never hungry as long as you stick to your regular meals, you are not tempted to binge, you don't have sugar cravings

MUH BIG SUGAR

Lmao.
How the fuck can anyone believe the sugar industry has ANY power?

Nobody believes sugar is healthy and never has.

List of products that sugar comes from

>Sugar Cane
>Sugar Beet

I cannot name a single company procuding these products. They are innocent products produced by small farmers without the money to buy big studies

Meanwhile

>Olive Oil (made by Bertoli)
>Beef (made by McDonalds)
>Chicken (made by KFC)
>Coconut Oil (made by the Fijian Tourist Board)
>Peanuts (made by Planters)
>Salmon (made by Alaskan Salmon co)
>Avocado (made by the Mexican government)
>Soybean (Brazilian government literally burns down the Amazon for this)

Are all 'healthy' fats, funded by the biggest corporate bodies on the planet
Besides the PEER REVIEWED (and not colonel sanders reviewed) studies show that sugar is not as bad as fat. It doesn't even make sense I mean you get fat not sugar lmbo come on guys.

when you eat sugar you get a high, which proves it is beneficial.

>sugar cane
>muh small farmers
user be serious

I won't look better or feel better if I literally double the amount of free testosterone in my system? You seem to know more about this than I do, but that doesn't seem right. Care to explain? Genuinely curious, not trying to argue.

When you inject meth you get a high. It's beneficial

I hate it when people like you try to claim to know everything about a subject just because you work in the field.

t. Queens Council - Lawyer

>Nobody believes sugar is healthy and never has.
5 sugar cubes have been deposited to your account
This is what burgers feed their children and what is considered healthy. Literally glorified sugar balls with piss poor nutrition value.

>big sugar paid for anti-fat studies in the 50s

Big sugar gave money to some Harvard researchers to put more focus on saturated fat, particularly to research the effects of saturated fat on cholesterol. They didn't fabricate any data or alter results in any way, they just said "research SFA instead of sugar" and from it we got more data that saturated fats are harmful.

>but increases test.

The evidence for this is weak. The one study everyone cites is an observational study (not an experiment) on about 13 people, riddled with confounders.

Just eat whatever and let modern medicine fix any problems you get in the future

daily reminder that, if you eat fats as your primary source of energy you're just as retarded as any other 600lbs human in the world, you just work those calories out.

The biggest travesty is garbage "food" like this desensitise kids to the flavors of real food, basically making them lifelong addicts and most parents are either too lazy, stupid, or don't care care enough to see what they're doing to their children every time they buy a box of fruit loops because it's all their kids will eat

Doubling your testosterone isn't enough to see physical changes unless your body isn't producing testosterone anymore at all.

Taking 600mg of testosterone per week will take your test from 300 to 3000+ in 6 weeks or so. That's how you get muscular gains from steroids. Going from 300 to 600 because of lifestyle changes isn't going to make any noticeable difference on your body, yes you might gain an extra 0.25lbs of muscle overall on your entire body, but you're not going to see the 15-20+ lbs of muscle gain you'd get from having 10 times the test through synethtic sources.

I'm waiting

Intredasting. Thanks, user

you're probably the only one here justified here

Sorry to keep you waiting I didn't you you'd be interested

Reducing saturated fat intake is associated with increased levels of LDL receptors on mononuclear cells in healthy men and women.
>Thus, an important mechanism by which reductions in dietary saturated fatty acids decrease LDL-cholesterol in humans is through an increase in LDL-receptor number.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9101427

Fuck off you uneducated retard
Literally nobody believes sugar is healthy and the sugar industry has NEVER said this or pushed this in anyway.

Making boxes colorful is NOT claiming sugar is healthy. Making boxes bright has been SHOWN in papers to actually damage the chance of children from getting the produce because parents associate it with risk, and will refuse to buy the product for their kids. Sugar based confectioners make products bright on purpose to warn parents of danger if they feed kids too much

Meanwhile MILK is sold in plain jugs
BUTTER is sold in plain tubs
LARD is sold wrapped in paper
OIL is sold in clear bottles

Kids may demand sugar 10 times but will only get it twice because KIDS DONT DO THE SHOPPING
Meanwhile a kid might demand olive oil once, lard once, and milk once, and the parents will buy it all three times due to the fucking cheap tricks of big fat.

Papers that support the 'lies' of 'big' sugar include: Nature, New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, Chemical Reviews, Science, Cell Metabolism, Reviews of Geophysics

Papers that support big fat: The Kentucky Fried Journal, McBiosciences, Big Book of Burgers, The National Academy of Avocado

Kids are being killed by the lies lf the fat industry. I used to be 600lbs so I know for a fact that I ate almost no sugar, in fact I ate jars of coconut oil because that is what the industry told me to do.

All I see on your picture is greasy sugar & sugary oil
And even if some of them are low fat they're consumed with MILK 99.9% of the time

Yes, yes silly goyim fat is the devil! Do you want fat blobs to sit in your heart and give you big fat american heart attack? We sell LowFat and NoFat foods such as chips, candy, cookies, icecream, dairy, meat. Make sure you throw out the yolk of the egg as it contains evil cholesterol and saturated fats! Don't forget to buy more eggs since your american cheese egg omelet will need at least 10 egg whites to be a decent portion!

In a few years when there is a real crisis with fatties many people will realize that the sugar industry funding studies about added sugar having a place in a healthy lifestyle are the food equivalent to the tobacco industry funding studies saying smoking doesn't cause cancer.

Cereals have barely any fat you double nigger, they are just sugar and starch
>And even if some of them are low fat they're consumed with MILK 99.9% of the time
So what? Even whole milk has only a few percent of fat
>Kids may demand sugar 10 times but will only get it twice
If that were the case, Americans wouldn't be so grotesquely obese right from the childhood

>"low-fat" desserts aren't healthy
>FAT IS HEALTHY NOW

wrong you meme worshipping fuck

>Reviews of Geophysics

>If that were the case, Americans wouldn't be so grotesquely obese right from the childhood

bro, if you just go to any burger king or mcdonals, there are always some birthday party for a kid and everyone eats happy meals and burgers like crazy. Also americans have a special day for kids to eat excess sweet stuff (halloween)

Also almost anywhere in america you will find some sort of fast food, which is mostly high fat. The only places where you cant find fast food are the ones will the least amouth of fat people.

Its absurd desu. I live in germany and the only fast food near me, is an McDonals and I still have to drive 8km to get there.

Big mac has more carbs than fat, same for big tasty and probably most of the burgers. Fries are mostly carbs, soda and desserts are pretty much 100% sugar. They are far more insidious, as fat at least is filling, while many sugars aren't, meaning you can eat much more of them.

>Even whole milk has only a few percent of fat

you people are delusional. read a nutritional label once in a while. All of the shit you think is laden with carbs is actually full with fat.

This milk here has more fat than protons.

There's no implicitly stated mechanism they pinpointed that explains how reducing saturated fat increases LDL receptors, so that's a little iffy to me, and there's also the fact that this reduction was done on diets consisting of only 25% fat. I do keto so I find it hard to believe the dynamics would be the exact same for my body.
Also I wasn't the original guy that replied to you, he never posted his body :^)

umm no. All you listened do have more carbs than fat but its not much. Its still high fat

Big Mac
20g carbs
1.6g fiber
4g sugar

15g fat
3.8g saturated fat
0.6g transfat

Big Tasty:
14g fat
17g carbs

fries:
24g fat
54g carbs

Desserts are always extreme high fat.

>8 g in 240 ml

>Desserts are always extreme high fat.
Look it up, McDonalds desserts are mostly sugar, including ice cream based ones

>Sugar companies make products appealing to children so their parents wont buy it for them

The fucking doublethink on this asshat is unreal

I was about to post this but then idk if your post is just super meta

Still mostly Calories from FAT
not a lot of ceral are just sugar & starches , almost all crunchy one are fried in oil

I think you don't actually know what saturaded nor unsaturated means

Dude, I honestly thought it was an interesting trolling attempt.
It actually might be a deep trolling attempt.

The diet changes the LDL receptors. That's the mechanism. I don't want to debate the science though take it or leave it.

Thanks for clarifying.

This is a lot of fat user. And there are other food choices.

People don't realize how much fat they consume in their dairy products. Especially cheese.

It doesn't really matter as long as you remember CICO

It's becoming popular because saturated fats aren't bad for you and high fat diets are extremely effective for losing fat.

>I do keto so I find it hard to believe the dynamics would be the exact same for my body.
That's true. Keto is a unique diet it doesn't apply to other people. Basically you guys are doing your own thing, but the rest of us need to rely on regular information.

There are people here who literally still defend high saturated fat diets because inuits ate high saturated fat diets, despite them being notorious for having bad health, and the fact that their health and life expectancy is increasing the more they adopt a western diet.
If someone gets BETTER on a shit western diet you know that the normal diet in the first place is beyond shit for longevity.

I don't give a fuck if the human body is capable of working for rather long periods of time on high fat diet specifically high saturated fat diets. It is still NOT optimal by any stretch of the imagination.
All of the trials done comparing different types of fats have shown that saturated fats are inflammatory by default, increase LDL more than any other fat except transfats, increase blood lipids and cholesterol and clog artheries more and promote visceral fat unlike poly and mono unsaturated fats.

In essence OP, high fat diets are becoming popular because fad diets are popular.
Everyone wants to feel like they have all figured out, and that they have the secret that "they" don't want you to know about.
The only type of "fad" that promotes longevity and health when it comes to diet is fasting, and it isn't even a diet, just a eating schedule that works with any type of diet and has been around for thousands of years.

Not because of the reason you probably think. Nowadays people consume shitload of carbs, mainly in the form of refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. Basically the reason people are fat today is because overconsumption of carbs, which are shoved into most food because it is a cheap way to make it addictive

Sugar is super cheap what the fuck are you even talking about? There's barely any mone being made on purely sugary foods.
The foods that make the most money are the ones loaded with fats, by far.

>List of products that sugar comes from
how about corn you low-quality troll

Another way to look at this is compare testosterone levels between strength athletes at the elite level with the average joes that don't even lift.

Most people would be shocked to know that the people with the biggest muscles(outside of steroid use ofc) are often the ones with average to below average testosterone scores.

I dont know which you get in america but here they are all high fat (donuts, waffels)

High fat diets are becoming popular because most people have never had high fat in their entire lives.
They are literally detoxing from the fuck tons of excess sugars and carbs
They don't know what moderation and a balanced diet is and they enjoy not being hoped up on simple sugars all of the time.

Do people in your country eat too much fruits, grains and legumes? All high carb.

>this is the type of retarded thinking still exists in the year 2017

Oh wow haha

>overfeeding is bad
Who would've thunk

>don't eat those cookies! They have carbs!

>omg do you know how much sugar is in that ice CREAM?

>dude potato chips are like pure carbs (never mind the deep frying in oil part)

stop this. NOBODY is getting fat from eating carbs. show me 1 person that got fat from just carbs and I'll stop posting for ever.

>overfeeding used in order for results to be detectable
Yes, and?
Are you insinuating people on high fat diets aren't overfeeding on fats in the first place?

>They don't know what moderation and a balanced diet is
Well, I'm gonna be honest with you here, I don't think you do either.
Eating a shit ton of fat, specifically saturated fat isn't moderation.
The vast majority of high fat diets are heavily focused on saturated fats, and this is based on very little data contradicting the vast majority of research clearly showing that poly/mono unsaturated fats are superior for our health and body composition.

The only and I mean the ONLY advantage saturated fats grant in humans is the fact that they slightly increase total testosterone concentration in the blood, but then again so do poly/mono unsaturated fats.

I'm sorry.
I know you're trying to come off as being all clever and flippant.
But you are in fact simply a retarded faggot who has a stupid undoable lifestyle to shill to ignorant as fuck people for some insane fucking purpose.
I meant what I posted, I didn't mince words or do a pro keto diet or anything like that.

I'm a moderate when it comes to diet. Go for what works for you, for whatever purpose you want, and is doable and affordable in terms of time and money.

PS eating too much fruit is horrible for you. Just because the negatives doesn't mirror the negatives of eating to much processed and simple sugar doesn't mean that it's good or that those negatives don't exist.

Show me one person that got fat eating just fat

>because its easier to sell stuff to people that they are gonna like
as if "low carb" is something people are going to like, idiot.

high fat/low carb diets are popular for the past decade because they work for people who want to lose weight, and there is emerging research showing benefits to the "ketosis" state that mimic the benefits shown by decades of research into fasting.

Used to be overweight until I replaced Coke with water and dropped cakes altogether. Still eat fruit, but never decreased my fat intake. Check m8

>Are you insinuating people on high fat diets aren't overfeeding on fats in the first place?
Depends on how you define overfeeding

Is this a new meme? First some mongoloid vegan claiming nuts don't make you fat and now this?

So you don't have an example. Awesome

>being this upset
Not him but, holy shit dude I can smell the steam from here lmao.
How many people get fat or sick from eating too much fruit a year?
How many people get fat eating too much a year?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

>met a 8/10
>dated for 8 months
>she turned vegan
>beans, rice, oats, tofu, potatoes...
>got fat as fuck

ESKIMOS ARE FAT

Now where's the fatty eating too much rice?

>Where's the fatty eating too much rice

Tbh they do exist, but the dude implying getting fat on FAT can't happen is a retard.

Why can't people use common sense? A lot of countries have a high consume of saturated fat and they're ok. There are lots of countries where eating tons of carbs is the norm and they're also ok. If you can't see the difference between eating a triple-xx-bacon-burger and eating some stake or the difference between eating chocolate donuts and eating brown rice you're retarded.

Those 90 year old women aren't fat retard

>nothing can be in moderation
>you can't ever enjoy a variety of foods and maintain your health
>let's be autistic about everything

>what's a sumo diet
Literally grains, legumes, PORK, EGGS, CHEESE, HIGH CALORIE FAT/CARB RICH FOODS in general.

You stopped eating cakes, but didn't decrease your fat in take?

makes no sense. You blame the soda because you don't want to give up cheese.

okay so this guy doesn't have a gut either?
sumos aren't vegan dummy

>Soda won't make you fat
>cake won't make you fat
>cheese will make you fat

my God, you're a retard.

A cake has more carbs in the form of flour and sugar than it does fat in the form of eggs and butter user

Sugar doesn't even fucking turn into fat under normal circumstances. You have a huge amount of storage in your muscles and liver for sugars.

When you eat something like cake, you take the sugar as energy and store the fat.

Since nobody is lacking food right now, all that fat just accumulates in your body. That's why retarded ass keto diets are the healthiest way to eat bacon.

He's fully fucking clothed are you trolling or

are any of this people fat?

I've shown plenty of fat people who survive on fatty sea life. Now where's the fat Irish potato farmer?
Where's the Asian with an unhealthy rice habit?

you're so full of shit hahaha