Anyone else work out at the library?

anyone else work out at the library?

kegels x fail

who felt the need to give them different heads

kek

must be blaha desu

>he isn't /fitlit/

Not Veeky Forums related but is anyone else fucking tired of the "I read to get smarter" meme?

I just have a different definition of smart than these people but I think my definition is better.

For them reading and understanding philosophy shit, history, whatever, makes you smarter. That knowledge may not actually affect your life but will certainly occupy your mind.

For me smarter means having more actionable knowledge- making it "yours" via memorization. Stuff like trades, medical skills, even stuff like textbooks if you do the practice problems and understand the material it gives you a higher grade in the class.

But just reading? Fiction is all well and good but it doesn't make you "smarter." Philosophy is cool and stuff but I doubt most of the people reading Kierkegaard are fuckin grad students or something. It's a lot of nerds who work in IT reading so they can say they read and understood "insert book". Their friends will all nod and say they do too. The end.

Seems like a waste of time.

intelligence is predominantly hereditary, and you can only minimally condition yourself to become more intelligent

people confused intelligence with knowledge

lots of retards and average people are plenty knowledgeable. still doesn't make them smart

>i work out in tumblr

Yeh I'm starting to realise this too. I had a weird realisation in one of my stem classes that even though I can claim to be smart having read tons of random books (on economics, philosophy, history) and played with these novel ideas in my head, but because all this knowledge and thought practically stays inside my head, none of it applicable nor able to be transmitted to others since there hardly an occasion to talk about such topics, it all just seemed like mental masturbation. Even though I have obscure knowledge on such meaningless shit, I still wasn't getting good grades, or doing well in the things that should matter. Since then, I've pushed aside all this stuff (even though I still don't agree on the stuff about trades, lol plebs) to focus all my attention on how to game life. Select areas of target and work towards those targets, be it external metrics of intelligence like money or even things like being more attractive, having more friends. All that abstract, superfluous shit didn't even bring my happiness, it was all in vain.

>Thick glasses.
>Large beard.
It's just some hipster who wanted to project himself onto it I'd wager.

I agree. It's exactly like masturbation. In that it feels good and doing it isn't inherently wrong but certainly won't get you anywhere.

Most stuff you should think about is related to the real world- your real world.

Never understood why people think fit = dumb.
Maybe true in HS where you can get away with bad grades and had access to the campus gym if you were on a sports team, but beyond that?

Like there are people in my mjaor that think the buff guys are dumb. We're in the same classes obviously we know what we're doing.

Some of those big books are heavy

I buy books.

Someone needs to make a new /fitlit/ thread

Bump

/fitck/ would've been a better merge

But then there wouldn't have been a /cock/

No, reading is for nerds. I've never even seen a word in my life.

Real dumb opinion. It's about contextualization and understand of the world around you. it doesn't matter if it's actionable, it matter whether or not you understand it. It does not need to be actionable to be understood.

It's the exact same reason people like faith. it's a way of understanding the world. Reading philosophy and history will make you smarter because it will help you understand more and intelligence is simply a measure of understanding.

It also is actionable, just not in a way that you understand it. Someone who has read Kierkegaard will have actionable intelligence over social and psychological situations that someone who hasn't will. The fact that you think all that comes out of it is that they all nod in acknowledgement is completely out of touch. They will discuss it, what it means, the impact, whether they agree, etc all in a way to understand the world in a more precise way-which is actionable. I just don't think you get the difference between understanding and doing.

The best evidence is that law is applied philosophy. The rule of law is philosophy in action. It's not physical and it's more abstract but it's every bit as real as what you think is "actionable knowledge".

thought that was big lenny for a minute

You're at the gym and approached by the lifting genie. You've had it too good in life, and you're now forced to select 2 options to change things up. What do you select and why?

Yeah I masterbate openly at the computers near the doors every day.

I guess you could say I know my way around some books. and how to make them stick together.

I work at a uni library then I go to the uni gym after work to work out. Reading is for the nice old cataloguing ladies brah lmao.

>Become shorter and get sweet mon mons.
>Become shorter and lose everything that's important to me.
It really isn't a hard choice.