QTDDTOT

Christian edn.

Are kettlebell swings good cardio?

I normally do them in sets of 15 post-lifting. Well, what do you say, Priests?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, because it's literally not cardio. cardio refers to aerobic exercise, while sets of 15 are anaerobic.

What if really gets my heart beating, much like how HIIT does? Is it basically still just a 'lift'?

What do you guys use to log your progress? I tried Strong on my iphone but it requires a monthly subscription after the 3rd custom routine...

just make a spreadsheet in google drive and track your progress that way.

not him. ignore the poster, as if your muscles count "reps" and decide to switch over once you done your 16th swing
just do them to keep your heart rate up, do heavy swings, one-handed swings, light swings for many reps. dont get too hung up on this shit, do the swings every workout and see how it feels

I just use a little notepad that I put in my gym bag

I just use the note app on my phone. It's not pretty, but it works. Lost all my tracking when my phone spazzed out once though, so be advised that it's not super safe.

Why I do dips/push exercises my collarbone area (there's a fleshy part where the pec meets the bone) hurts. Wat is this/wat do? Still hurts today after working out yesterday and seems to be getting worse every time I progress.

Also, I noticed after a few sets of dips when I put my hand onto my upper chest area I could feel what felt like liquid (blood?) pumping into the area. Anyone know what this is?

thanks, I have setup a google drive spreadsheet, I think this is the best solution
>it is not on paper, so you can get some stats/graphs if you want
>not limited to the phone
>free

what do you guise think about doing 4 sets: first 3 are heavy (6 reps), and the last one high reps(30) so you fill the muscles with blood and nutrients?
would this be optimal?

stop doing dips my man. u are shreding ur muscles. i mean its not bone but knorpel ( dont know the english word) ur pecs are ripping your callorbone apart i guess (just a suggestion).

30 reps is probably a bit over the top but back off sets are a relatively popular addition to workouts.

>knorpel
Cartilage.
>u are shreding ur muscles.
But is that not the point?

Anyway! I may have to stop them, or at least try different grips. Thanks user.

Hey Veeky Forums I just started musculation 3 month ago by doing splits on a 5 days a week basis (I was on summer vacation at the time) and got some modest gains out of it, but now i'm back at uni and I don't have that much time available so I was thinking about doing full body 3 days a week with only compound as I read it was perfect for beginner and people with few time available but i'm worried about not training enough with only 3 days. What do you think should I stick to the splits or should I switch to full body ?

There are people who've made stupid gains training even less often than that. Three days is more than enough if you push it hard.

I've been doing splits (Arms- Chest, Back-Shoulders, Legs) ever since I've started going to the gym last year, and then switched to PPL half a year ago.
Right now I'm still cutting so I don't really worry about gains, but once I'm done I'd like to switch to something like PHUL. The reason is because I want to be strong not just aesthetic. What should I do?

You don't need a specific workout style to get strong. You also don't really have any chance of getting aesthetic (at least by this places standards) without being a strong motherfucker.

Pick the one you enjoy.

>have any chance of getting aesthetic
I guess I worded that wrong. What I actually meant is that right now I look stronger than I actually am. But I guess I'll keep doing PPL and slowly bulk when I'm done with my cut.

That's probably more about technique and neural adaption than potential strength. Those can be gained pretty easily even on a brosplit if someone is inclined to work on it.

tfw no aethelstan friend

Out of date protein powder. I have two kg tubs of protein powder.that ran put last month. What's the deal with it, is it fine to keep using.it?

what does it say on the box?

>best before
is ok to use

>exp date
not ok

Earlier today I was doing RDLs for the second time ever and I know my form is still a work in progress.

Every time I did a work set, some other dude, who was using his phone (not on a call), would walk behind me.

Am I being paranoid when I think that he was snapchatting my shitty form to someone else?

I was doing my best to not round my back, but I was slightly losing balance - I was overly on my heels and I think this is due to angling my feet outwards too much

When it's a good time to add accessory exercises to Stronglifts?

When wrist rolling, should I do flexor/extensor (normal rolling) or radial/ulnar (sideways) first? Gonna do both anyway but they overlap and I want to get the most effectiveness out of my high volume forearm rape.

never. you should finish the routine as-is. your intermediate routine will probably have some accessories.

also do SS, it's the same as SL, just better.

>I was overly on my heels and I think this is due to angling my feet outwards too much
I think it was because you let yourself shift the weight to your heels.

Strong's subscription price is fucking bullshit. Especially seeing as the app is pretty shitty compared to Progression on Android (which is free.

So as a fuck you to the dev, let me share what I did to bypass subscription:
> jailbreak
> install App Admin from Cydia, use it to downgrade Strong to an older version (I think 4.2 worked for me)
> install LocalIAPStore, use it to crack the in app purchases
> log a few workouts
> now you can upgrade back to the newest version and it should stay subscribed

LocalIAPStore can't crack newer versions but if you upgrade it still works.

Will SL with weighted dips and pullups + cardio twice a week give me a good physique?

Or am I better off doing a PPL?

Anyone?

bump. I need to become popeye but I have autism, I need to min-max such inane details to be happy

better off with coolcicada's PPL

How do I avoid fridge-mode?

Guise,....what do you think about this image and the info on it?

How much times a week should I workout my delts? I heard that to much could be harmful.

Oh, super big question! So I recently got a workout bench because I thought I probably shouldn't use my computer chair against my bed for support during my overhead presses, and when I did, it doesn't feel as safe or stable because the computer chair I use has a wide back and the bench is half that, so I felt no support near my shoulders. Is this a common problem? Any opinion on the matter is appreciated. Are there wide back workout benches and are they bad for you?

absolute bullshit. incline and reverse grip do target clavicular side of pecs a bit more and squeeze press help some guys feel better mind-muscle, rest is broscience or indeed true but so negligible that nobody should care much. can do all of the exercises listed if you like them, but no need to autistically hit every fucking fiber separately

Oh, super big answer! Good form has you retract your shoulders against the support anyway, but if you truly have a massive frame there are wider benches, but only so wide that you would then lie on it like a shoulderlet would on a normal one, if that makes sense

I am trying to get into lifting but having trouble setting goals. A lot of the strength standards/etc seem to be aimed at men which makes sense that I might not be as strong as the average guy or build muscle as fast, but I am worried that I am working too hard and causing some injuries or discomfort while only lifting baby weights.
I weigh about 140 pounds but can't even squat 135 to parallel for 5 reps, and it has been like this for months! I do squats bench hip thrust and either assisted pull ups or lat pulldowns as well as ab work 3 times a week, with reasonable amounts of cardio on the days in between weights (have been doing this about a month so far, before I was just lifting weights 1-2 times a week and doing cardio 3-5times a week).
I just don't understand, where are my beginner gainz? What am I doing wrong, that I can't go to parallel with light weights after such a long time lifting?
I thought women could squat just as much as men, if not more especially if they are bottom heavy.

getting enough sleep/proper diet?

new to lifting, critique this chest workout?
Incline Dumbbell Press
Flat Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Pullovers
Pec Flies

Does it make sense to go 6 times a week to the gym when you are cutting?
>babys first cut

When exactly was the tipping point where fat people are now beautiful and healthy and what caused it?

uh your memory?

>last time bench 5 reps
>now i did 7
>increase weight

its not that fucking hard.

skinnyfat dude here,

Am I better off doing a basic 6 day a week PPL or Veeky Forums's Greyskull LP? I literally have no muscle mass and I'm just looking to slim down a build a little muscle.

Also, I should be cutting too correct? I'm 5'8 155

>doing a routine specifially designed for beginners
>going to the gym for 2+ hours 6days a week, doing a program designed for intermediate/advanced body builder

Hmmm i dont know its really up to you

I

Vanity is a sin.
If you wish to be a true Christian and not some weightlifting satan worshipping athiest you must stop lifting IMMEDIATELY.
Make yourself worth in the eyes of GOD not your pagan gods of the iron

I have been going gym for 8 years abd i still kissless virgin, should i just stop already? Im really desesperate my face is very like pic related, very very look like me but im bald and 6'4, what can i do please? Inb4 no hockers

I just moved to a new place, and this new place doesn't have a gym like my old one. It would take me about 30 minutes walking to get there, it has bizarre hours, and it doesn't even have that much equipment despite how crowded it is. There's one other gym in the area, but it's absurdly expensive.

My apartment complex has its own gym and equipment - however the only equipment it has for freeweights are dumbbells. It has several machines as well, but it's absolutely killing me that there are no barbells or squat racks.

So two things:
1. When training my legs with dumbbells, should I do multiple different exercises or simply try to go heavy?
2. Since this gym is in my complex, I can go any day, any time I want. What would be the best way to split my routine up? I was thinking PPLx, but I keep reading you guys saying PPL is a scam

>I have been going gym for 8 years abd i still kissless virgin, should i just stop already?
You should get a hooker, and stop worrying about it so much.

>but I keep reading you guys saying PPL is a scam
Yeah the guys that say that are SS fatasses

Vanity is a sin, so lifting for looks is immoral. But your body was given to you by God so why do you let it whither from atrophy?

>Start eating more to gain weight

>Poop more
>Have not gained weight

Explain.

I've been doing ULUL for a few months now, (before that I've been doing a brosplit for a year, because I didn't do my research and I just followed my friend's workout plan), but I just hit novice levels of strength standards after all this time.
So I've been thinking about doing one of the 3 day ABA/BAB split with only the 3 big lifts + OHP and rows, till I hit intermediete strength levels and then go back to doing either PHUL, ULUL, PPL or PHAT.
Is this a good idea?

How often do you guys poop a day? Since i've starting eating more and getting back in my routine it's 2-3 times a day for me

How do I overcome my need to minmax/optimize my training so much? I need to hit every angle and grip width and variation for the exercises of that day or I feel uneasy all week, worrying that I didnt do as much as I could, or missed something important.

And I am not on the spectrum or OCD in any way or form outside of the gym, either, that would otherwise explain it.

Up to 4 times a day and as little as once every two days, depends on how many of my brotons I get from dairy/shakes, and how generally stressed I am that day.

Is Westside for Skinny Bastards a good program for beginners? I really want to get my bench up

Trained arms 2 days ago, trained OHP and such yesterday and my arms still kinda hurt when I extend them. Should I do some arm workout today like I had planned or tomorrow?

I'm doing a cut down to 1200 cal a day and I've lifting for a month and I'm not seeing any gains I know a deficit reduces gains but is there any reason for me to keep lifting right now or should I wait until I'm down to my desired weight

I'd wait, one day isn't worth risking an injury.

So what should I do? Cant really remember something I wouldn't use arms for.

Ok someone tell me why I am getting my eyes when i reach pump? Everytime Im getting the huge pump and euphoric effect my fucking eyes turn red like im stoned as fuck. Explain.
Also if u dont get pumped on each time u are at gym, u are pussy and dont lift right inb4 ''i train to be strong not big''

please be low effort b8, but in any case, keep lifting regardless you twat

No need to get your ass in a twist cunt

Just got a testicle removed. Will it impact my test level ? It was already low before this
(330 of whatever unit it was when the norm is between 300 and 800).
Does someone have the same experience ? I'm wondering if I should bother asking the doc for test

Currently doing SL, how should I go about Incorporating rack pulls? Also is it viable to sub deadlifts for Jefferson deadlift and rack pull?

well I do, I want people to read the sticky so they dont shit up my board, but nobody does, so I reserve the right to give help regardless but in an annoyed fashion

hypocaloric huffiness in full effect kek

BODYWEIGHT

when training front lever, I get DOMS only in my scapular retractors, never in my lats. Should I go to an easier progression and increase hold time? How to increase lat strength for front lever?

Be patient

>Christian edn

saged, christfag

memes aside, do manlets get easier gains?

Just do whatever front lever progression your on for 20-30 seconds. After a while the front kever will just sort of happen.

Thats how it was for me atleast

do you feel it in your lats or scap retractors?

gimme some shit to make my triceps ultra swole, brehs. currently do this routine (specifically for triceps):
>lying dumbbell extensions: 3x8 then dropset to failure
>progression to impossible dips: 3x8 then dropset to F
>pushdowns: 3x8 them dropset to F
this even enough volume?

>do pull up
>at top of motion I do a leg raise from one side
>rotate to other side and lower
>then back up on that side
>bring it back around to the other side
>then lower body from pull up, and do another rep just the same

I can only do like, 3 to 5 reps of this before my abs are screaming, and it kills my actual standard pull up reps, should I keep it up though?

it's like the only ab isolation I do aside from a 60 second plank here and there.

Which is the better calculator?
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

do you do straight arm triceps exercises?

Bump

I was only following the narrow grip so I can develop more on the inner side of pects. I'm 5'6 so I don't want to gain too much on the sides. Becoming turbomanlet is the worst thing for a short guy.

negligible broscience. you can do close grip bench press to soothe your worries (and to turbomanlet your triceps), but its mostly gonna be placebo.

>calculating burned kCal instead of only consumed kCal and using your gainz or weightloss to see if that amount of kCal is too much/too little/perfect
r u srs I srs hope u don do dis

Can someone tell me if these are good blood values for someone not on any gear or working out much

Iron: 82
test: 451
free: 11.6
Hemoglobin:12.9

am I gimping myself up by not/rarely consuming grains?
diet is a variety of veggies, beans, nuts, fish, meat, seafood, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, milk, olive oil.

Sometimes I'll have potatoes or rice but that's it
I also try to keep them to only at night when I've done all my work, lifting and all that

3x5 or 5x5 program for skinnyfag starting lifting?

Whole grains have more protein than you'd think. Whole grain bread is like 8g a slice

5x5

Not much of a difference. I'd say 3x5 personally

>No landmine press
I want my money back goddamnit

That's good enough. Just make sure you're hitting it 3x a week

Complete and utter broscience bullshit

guys whenever i do the benchpress motion while standing, a strange sound comes from my shoulder its like a grinding sound of some sort

what is the best deadlift variation if I want maximum effort of core and back and least effort of legs?

Would a kind user give me a summary of the PPL routine or give me a link that it fully explains the routine?

It's dumb. Do a push/pull or a full body instead

PPL isn't a specific routine, it's a body part split.
>Push: chest, shoulders, triceps
>Pull: back, biceps
>Legs
You either do it 6 days on 1 day off (PPLPPLx) or 3 days on 1 day off (PPLxPPL). If you want a specific routine just Google "ppl routine" and you'll find dozens to choose from

Is it worth me entering a 10k race that takes place 13 days from now? I've done fuck all cardio recently just been doing strength routine and accessories at the gym, in the summer when I had my bike I did a few 10 mile + rides so I know I'm capable of running 6 miles I guess. If I wake up early tomorrow, go for a 1 hr long run, lift on thursday, run 1 hr friday and the weekend (or will I need rest?) Will I be prepared or should I just give it a miss?