Who is the most based Greek God?

Who is the most based Greek God?

Attached: persephone_and_hades_by_janainaart-d8i0yxz.jpg (1024x732, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snEiW-PjuNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: acha.jpg (700x465, 58K)

Hades>Poseidon>Zeus>Athena>everyone else

The greek gods where edgy teenagers, I don't get how anyone could worship them.

qtpie arete

>The one [Arete] was fair to see and of high bearing; and her limbs were adorned with purity, her eyes with modesty; sober was her figure, and her robe was white.

Attached: alcibiades.jpg (1209x2001, 895K)

>greek religion=greek myths
no

>tfw nobody ralks to me because i worship hades
Its not fair bro's, even posicuck worshippers get more attention than me

>based
Hestia is pretty cool.

> I don't get how anyone could worship them.
Evil spirits are often every bit as worshipped as legit gods in many folk religions, because you don't want to give a divinely powerful petty asshole a reason to come after you.
Imagine how much easier it would be to worship an asshole who is known to occasionally help out too, which would be a fitting description of most of the greek pantheon.

>greek religion=greek myths
Well yes. It's delusion to think that greek myths, even if often clearly literary, didn't bleed into actual religion.

Surely we can count mighty Heracles amongst them?

youtube.com/watch?v=snEiW-PjuNc

>reading the Iliad
>an emotional climax about to occur where a character is about to die
>A greek god comes in and teleports their favorite away

>Evil spirits are often every bit as worshipped as legit gods in many folk religions, because you don't want to give a divinely powerful petty asshole a reason to come after you.
>Imagine how much easier it would be to worship an asshole who is known to occasionally help out too, which would be a fitting description of most of the greek pantheon.
a very (((christian))) understanding of greek religion

>Well yes. It's delusion to think that greek myths, even if often clearly literary, didn't bleed into actual religion.
thats true. but it doesnt equal religion. the gods served different needs in different cities for example. most greeks believed in reincarnation. also nearly all greek philosophers who lived in different times, though of gods/god as immaterial beeings who have the good of humanity at heart.
a huge mistake people often do is equating Hesiods Theogony with all of Greek religion. There have been many Greeks who have written their own Theogony for example ( they are all lost sadly)

Apollo

Ares is the true chad. He cucked Hephaustus so I'm going with him.

To be fair that is the whole point of divine favor. Makes me glad the gods aren't mucking around directly in peoples lives anymore.

GGX gang

Augustus is dead man. No need to keep shilling for him

fpbp

Attached: lmao.png (851x851, 1.24M)

>Zeus is about to save his boy
>The other gods get in his way with Hera leading them
Fuck those guys

Apollo is literally the CHAD meme made a god

>he cucked a literal cripple
>cripple then caught him in a net and made him the laughing stock of olympus

Don't know about the most based but the worst ones the are goddesses who stripped for Paris

Zefs, Theos, the Whole and not that retarded myth version.

Attached: xenophanes.jpg (240x360, 17K)

Thetis.

Ευγε

Hades is the only Greek god that wasn't fucking insane
it's good that the Romans took the Greek gods and made them less retarded

Nah, Romans are no fun allowed assholes. Greek gods are prime time entertainment in an era without tv.

>tfw no Greek Gods in modern era that media spreads gossip about like they were celebs

priapus

Attached: priapus7214.jpg (482x720, 305K)

this
Hades is by far the most likeable
>least rapey and petty of the gods
>underdog
>spooky aesthetic
>beauty and the beast love story
>just wants to chill in the underworld and do his job

>rampant cannibalism and fraud
dude was a kike

details

*kidnaps your daughter*

Attached: 18_pluto_and_proserpina_giovanni_bernini-142245342271FA96AD3[1].jpg (573x800, 54K)

>kidnaps
Nice meme. Next you'll be telling the rape of the sabine woman was forced even though the consensus is that it should be called the cucking of the sabine men

based cripple Hephaestus.

This really.

Hera for how vindictive she can be even compared to most gods

still better than most gods

Dionysos because he saved all of our souls with his death and resurrection.

Attached: the virgin and her savior child.jpg (591x900, 149K)

Your local Chthonic hero deities, particularly based Brasidas.

Alexander

The thinking man's answer.

Storytellers started making fanfiction about the gods when Greece reached its degenerate downfall stage. All these homeric myths are literal fanfic fetish stories made to sell books. The actual religion of Greek polytheism is quite awesome and scientific actually. Their origin theory is pretty much a personified big bang.

Please clarify

I'm really surprised that no one mentioned the best of all Olympians, that is to say of course Artemis. Even when discarding the fact that she's a three-faced deity and thus forgetting the awesomeness of both her sisters Selene (boy, it hurts not to be Endymion, forever asleep in the graceful arms of the goddess of youth, moonlight and sweet dreams) and Hekate (magic, secrets, symbolism, Medea's mistress has it all!), the Huntress still just is the best girl and my divine waifu.

(Also, it's not my thing personally, but if I failed to convince you until now, just remember that she's also the ten-thousand-boobed deity.)

Forgot pic

Attached: Artemis-in-art.jpg (500x479, 85K)

This pic always perplexed me because of the missing portion so I gotta ask:
Is his cock supposed to be on a scale? Is it weighted against that bag of flour(?) on the right?

Artemis is a psychotic lesbian tho.

>As a virgin, Artemis had interested many gods and men, but only her hunting companion, Orion, won her heart. Orion was accidentally killed either by Artemis or by Gaia.
You won't find any other lover for Artemis, except Endymion if you count Selene. And both are men.
Artemis is just perfectly pure.

Homer was the earliest stuff bruh. It was the codification of a longstanding oral tradition which was crafted when the poleis were in there infancy.
Homeric shit is definitely not "the downfall." It's some of the earliest stuff we have. It's also provides some of the most information on the gods. Stuff like ambrosia, and ichor is detailed in them. And one of the most important tidbits from the Illiad is that the gods also SLEPT (Zeus had a bad night's sleep, dawn brings light to men and gods alike, etc). This is something absent from later Greek religion. Their need to eat, drink, and sleep makes them much more human.

>best Olympian
>bloodcrazed thot with a body count higher than the fucking god of war

The triple and true Hecate.

You don't want to worship a cute and pure goddess of the hunt that kills all its foes with optimal martial efficiency?

I'm glad we agree!

You will die for these words heretic.

Attached: Diane_de_Versailles_Leochares_2.jpg (750x1000, 262K)

Attached: Ath-na.jpg (373x650, 86K)

Based Bromius.

*does so with her father aproval*

She won't allow you to worship her you waifufag
Only madiens worship her, and if you get anywhere near her you WILL die