This is considered impressive in the UK

>this is considered impressive in the UK

Attached: stonehenge.jpg (1279x677, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tichit
telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/no-one-living-britain-truly-british-scientists-find-stonehenge/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is impressive for 3000 bc

Look at the size of those people for scale.

>It is impressive for 3000 bc

Attached: Hahahaha.jpg (1776x783, 344K)

>modern image compared to artist conception
>even comparing the two

They're both fantastic feats.

Well, it's very impressive for the Aztecs to get all the way across the water and go back in time to build it.

Attached: The Pumaman.jpg (500x705, 130K)

Those are from 2500 bc

>shitloads of bong documentaries about a bunch of rocks stacked up on top of eachother

Attached: 1518604193721.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Also last time I checked England doesn't have a gigantic river flowing through it and perfect climate, also pylon temples in the style of that one you have posted were built way later, around 1400 bc at least from what I recall

Please, point me to a US equiva– oh.

>it wasn't even built by their ancestors

>the unique stone circle was erected in the late Neolithic period about 2500 BC.

Even their modern look is way better than the shitty stone circle.

But wait I thought the winter gave white people higher iqs

Stonehenge had an actual purpose.

The pyramids were gigantic tombstones.

It's almost like prehistoric England had a way worse climate, no major river valleys and wasn't right next to place where agriculture developed first in the world (the Levant), and was separated by the fucking ocean from the mainland. So yeah there's that...

What purpose?

>and perfect climate
>Seasonal flooding
>perfect climate

Just admit that it isn't impressive for its time, just like african buildings during the XIX century.

Those are not build by humans, moron

Well it was, just not the ones that they inherit their culture from.

It is an impressive feat indeed, just because it wasn't the very best it doesn't mean it's not impressive

Go back to /int/

Astronomical and ceremonial. It's unclear what exactly, but it's easy to imagine it being a gigantic sun dial.

>evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill: grand, imposing, or awesome.
No. Not even close to being 'the very best'. Shitty astronomical circle.

>stop having positive viewpoints on things!

>Shitty astronomical circle.
Why even think this way? I'm sorry you can't appreciate a marvel when you see it and have a constant need to compare and criticize.

Not shitty at all, considering it was one of the most complex structures in the world by then, just because Egypt was better (one place) that doesn't mean Stonehenge wasn't good in its own right

Does that say Puma Man? Why have I not heard of him before?

It's impressive for a stone age pre civilisation culture

>one of the most complex structures in the world by then
>A bunch of big stones piled together to make an imperfect elipse somewhat aligned with the solstices
>Complex
Moving them was the 'complicated' part, the structure per se was/is shit.

OP here, I'm not American

Compared to the monuments China had in 2500 bc (nothing), Mesoamerica (Nothing), the Andes (some shitty 10 meter tall step pyramids), Africa (nothing) I'd say that's impressive

Tichitt walata
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tichit

What about Mesopotamia?

>This suggests that Britain’s Neolithic farmers (who left behind massive rock relics, including Stonehenge) were elbowed out by Beaker invaders. “To me, that’s definitely surprising,” says Pontus Skoglund, a population geneticist at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, who was not involved in the research. “The people who built Stonehenge probably didn’t contribute any ancestry to later people, or if they did, it was very little.”

Any international equivalent that wasn't the pyramids, then. Besides, Stonehenge is only the largest *intact* prehistoric monument in the UK.

This makes it more interesting, not less

Yes, 1 meter tall stone fences are less impressive than Stonehenge, also the Neoltihic village is called Dhar Tichit, Tichit walata is the Ghana city from 1000 AD

Negrange is even older and I would say more impressive. That Orkney settlement is also pretty cool and really advanced.

The Orkney stuff freaks my nut out, what on earth were people doing up there? Makes you wonder if there was more stuff down south but it got destroyed

>point out an equivalent to something that has nothing to do with my people
Wow you bongs sound really intelligent, is there some sort of range ban we can implement so that you don’t keeo making us look bad?

Neolithic Europeans built some pretty impressive structures given the time period

Attached: Malta.jpg (1200x630, 227K)

>a marvel
>an ugly circle of rocks
Kek fucking island inbreds

Why on earth are you on a board about history if you're not interested in it you mentalist

>muh genetics

Jeez, if that's the way we're playing it you septics lose by default.

>the peak of historical interest lies in rocks which fascinate imbeciles
Lol

He probably thinks that because this is a history board he can spout crap about DA JOOS

You're clearly too intelligent for this discussion, rocks are too mainstream for your intellect

Anyone who isn't British wins by default imo

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1920x1080, 78K)

>lol stones xd
>meanwhile le pure Aryan Ruskies from Karelia
>literally nothing

You're clearly angry that you've been found out as an idiot who spends his time gaping at literal boulders

that would blow the minds of most pre-1900s black Africans

Were the first farmers actually Lovecraftian monsters? Shit looks like something from Innsmouth.

Attached: c30c7c7d5ccf59557b2415a5a2c888ff.jpg (557x449, 47K)

Yeah, I'm quaking in shame that I'm interested in history on Veeky Forums

Yeah it's a shame

This. OP you're too smart for everyone here and are wasting your time. Go cure cancer or prove N=NP or build fantastic architecture that truly shows the capability of you and your civilization.

Whatever happened to those guys that built Stonehenge?
Modern Brits are clearly unrelated

>sarcasm
confirmed angry and impotent
aka bongish

>Every figure has an expression of terror

I think the answer can safely be assumed to be yes

What, pray tell, do you gawp at then?

Attached: fee.jpg (685x800, 65K)

>Lepenski Vir is compressed between 9500/7200–6000 BC. There is some disagreement about the early start of the settlement and culture of Lepenski Vir. But the latest data suggest 9500–7200 to be the start.
Interesting indigenous European art there but nothing to do with farmers.

They went back to the ocean

And so the thread degenerates into ad hominem attacks, my job here is done.

Attached: R1930.jpg (746x600, 49K)

Don't pretend that there's anything anyone could have said that would have convinced otherwise. You started a thread with ad hominem and shouldn't be surprised that it ended that way.

The later phases are from farmers, same with their DNA.

How would you get those stones up there then?

Le indignant moron

Attached: nature25778-sf2.jpg (489x685, 78K)

Wasn't built by humans fag.

Attached: southwallwestend.jpg (504x378, 41K)

Not really a fan of the whole fat goddess thing

Attached: mother-goddess-sardinia.png (395x587, 273K)

its propped up because theres nothing thats as impressive there, i think there are probably some hillforts that are probably more so but thats from an later period I think

thats in Ireland though so its doesn’t matter

Just a pile of rocks Here stacked by the Cheddarites

>Just a pile of rocks Here stacked by Cheddarites.

Attached: Cheddarites built Stonehenge.png (1024x512, 232K)

>lifting 2.5 tonne stones by river with 70000 people is more impressive than lifting 25 tonne stomes by land
Ok

Attached: 800px-Stonehenge_render.jpg (800x599, 90K)

That's mediterranean which had closer ties to the near east. So of course they did nicer things.

What's up with the space between the Egyptians nose and mouth. Why are reconstructionists so incompetnent.

Prolly by those fake British who aren't British

>muh heavy unpolished rocks are more impressive than a literal marvel of engineering and administration
>bongs really believe this

Attached: W5.jpg (765x1024, 127K)

telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/no-one-living-britain-truly-british-scientists-find-stonehenge/

>we wuz keltz n shiet

Attached: snefrubentp6.jpg (390x237, 33K)

>pyramids
>3000 bc
nigger what, the oldest pyramids were built almost 500 years after stonehenge

Fugg of afrigan DDD D

Attached: 1520483284748.jpg (604x453, 72K)

The Near East wasn't building these things at the time, these monuments were unique in their style

Attached: Tomb-vases.jpg (640x344, 195K)

There is no accurate nor definitive estimate on when the Stonehenge was constructed. Estimates range a thousand years between eachother.

Attached: 7ar.jpg (750x655, 52K)

>telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/no-one-living-britain-truly-british-scientists-find-stonehenge/

No one living in Britain 'truly British', scientists find as Stonehenge builders were replaced by European immigrants

Well, that was the dumbest thing I've read this week.

looks like the place where the final boss is in the game Bugdom