"low metabolism"

Are some people not able to lose weight? Not making excuses but my story is 100% true and still I'm a fat pig hovering at 71-72kg.
Daily caloric intake: 1000-2000 (mostly at lower end)
Exercise: 5km every day (admittedly I get lazy and only run 50% of it most of the time, 30 minutes each day)

Is my maintenance caloric intake just very atypical? I'm a manlet (5'5) but all the calculators online claim my maintenance should be like 2000. I'm also not lazy, day is spent going between classes, 30 hours contact hours STEMfag.
If it's relevant I eat 1 meal a day for brain health (hasn't helped so far) and the intermittent fasting meme which might make my metabolism really low. My resting heartbeat is like 60-70. What the fuck is going on? Sometimes I worry something is very wrong, should I ask my doctor?

>Are some people not able to lose weight?

yes the ones that lie about how much they eat tend to not lose weight

>I eat 1 meal a day for brain health

ill bite, whats in that meal?

why would I lie? I don't tell anyone irl I'm dieting because I find it embarrassing.
last night I ate two bread rolls, two soups and milk. Night before I ate sweets, milk and a bread roll and soup. Usually I eat bread, soup, potato chips with curry. I like to eat the same stuff over and over. I never eat more than 500grams chips which is like 575 calories. I only drink water and milk because I wear braces, which is another reason I eat 1 meal a day (don't have to brush my teeth 5 times throughout day).

Also yes I know sugar is terrible for brain health, sweets aren't a regular thing I went to the cinema.

>why would I lie?

because people make up shit all the time

there are no slow metabolisms or fast metabolisms it is calories in and calories out

One meal as in
>only put food in mouth during a single meal
or
>one meal(, but snacks don't count right xD)

Cut out the carbs, chips , and all the unhealthy bullshit. Stop falling for the "ill still lose weight if i watch my calories of junk food" meme

>bread rolls
>2 (TWO) bowls of soup
>sweets
>potato chips
>I only ate 500 calories worth of chips guys xDD

nothing you have said here is nutritionally sufficient in any way whatsoever. Why do fats have to lie about what they eat to justify being fat?

Try eating healthy for the first time in your life and you will lose weight. Educate yourself.

>there are no slow metabolisms or fast metabolisms it is calories in and calories out
do you know what metabolism is? The implications are people some weight and build, while resting, born amounts of energy. Not everyone pumps the same amount of blood throughout the body. You don't know anyone who's especially energetic or anyone that's lethargic?
IF that were the case people wouldn't take thyroid hormone or amphetamines to boost their metabolism.
Anyway I'm not saying it is metabolism but being uneducated on nutrition, biology, etc. it sounds plausible.
>fasting doesn't suit my lifestyle therefore anyone who fasts is lying!
ok
I haven't had it explained to me any other way
milk is nutritionally sufficient and I don't claim I'm getting enough protein or even fats. That's not my goal.
also
>dude you eat unhealthily
>but those unhealthy foods you said you eat, they're not actually what you eat you're lying about it!
which one is it?
calories in calories out. Eating healthy has nothing to do with losing weight. You could eat 1 sweet a day and become a skelly.

>do you know what metabolism is?

you certainly don't

there's a causal correlation between metabolism and heart rate dumbass. You don't know what metabolism is.

>why havent I lost any weight guys I eat thousands of calories worth of junk food?

if anyone has alternative explanation other than I'm lying or count calories incorrectly please post. Brb few hours.
>3
brb going for a run (I'm lying) (I'm not lying) :D :D I'm doing exercise please respect me stranger on Veeky Forums

>there's a causal correlation between metabolism and heart rate dumbass.

oh well that sounds definitive

health science studies are the stupidest fucking shit ever

OP if you want to lose weight you need to track your calories and make sure you are consistently on a caloric deficit. Don't bother adding exercise to the equation, treat it as a bonus.

>Usually I eat bread, soup, potato chips with curry.

I've been there. Stupid diets dont work. Go for -500kcal per day with proper macros, lift 3x + cardio 2x per week.

Just like it says in the sticky. There's no shortcuts.

Go for a run. Do more of what doesn't work, dumbass.

>fasting doesn't suit my lifestyle therefore anyone who fasts is lying!
>ok
Didn't mean it like that. I usually eat daily in a 6-4 hour window and I know some people in great conditions who only eat once a day. Also I know these people who say they they only eat one "meal" because apparently breakfast and snacks don't count.
Idk maybe eat only when you really are hungry and not to the point where you're full but not hungry anymore. Or be like me and be too lazy to eat, you'll be losing weight like never before.

Eat nothing but meat and raw or steamed veggies and stay around 500 less than your TDEE and lift. You will lose fat.

eat 500 calories per day of whatever the fuck you want and the pounds will melt off

>guy says he's not losing weight on a clean diet
>FUCKING CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT DUMBASS EAT LESS FATTY
>guy says he's not losing weight on a caloric deficit
>FUCKING CLEAN FOOD DUMBASS EAT CLEANER FATTY
fucking dumb Veeky Forums meatheads trying to pretend like they can grasp a nutritional concept or anything that requires more thinking than deciding whether you're going to press your dumbbells while laying on a bench or while sitting on a bench

people are often way off on their caloric intake estimates
Even dieticians are often off by hundreds of calories
If you thought you were eating at a deficit but were 500 calories off
That's why you're not losing weight

>500grams chips which is like 575 calories
what are you eating? beet chips?
>sugar is terrible for brain health
literally brain's food and it's terrible for brain health?

dude you eat like shit, there are no nutrients in your food. eating like that at a deficit would cause you to binge massively after a short while, because you'd be deficient in a lot of micronutrients. that is why I believe you don't actually have a slow metabolism, nor are you eating at a deficit
also a lot of the things you're saying sounds like bait

>fucking dumb Veeky Forums meatheads trying to pretend like they can grasp a nutritional concept or anything that requires more thinking than deciding whether you're going to press your dumbbells while laying on a bench or while sitting on a bench

I've lost over 52 pounds of fat by counting calories. I expect to lose another 40-50 in the coming months.

Sure, you could eat 1 sweet a day and lose weight, and become quickly malnourished as well. But if you eat a modest amount of healthy food instead, you’ll lose weight, feel better, and improve your health.

Fatty detected

he's either a) an absolute freak of nature that is able to maintain weight on a calorific deficit or b) a fucking moron who doesn't know how to count calories

which do you think is more likely?

or just a troll

possible if not probable

>500grams chips which is like 575 calories
you know they have 575 kcal/100 g, right? There is no way way half a kg of chips have only 575 kcal

You are hypothyroid probably.

t. similar symptoms

If not hypothyroid, another health issue. Losing weight isn't this hard for normal people, as you may have already realied.