Which Roman emporer is most similar to the 45th President?

Which Roman emporer is most similar to the 45th President?

Attached: 75D29DA5-80F8-4576-A276-D8C74222B41A.jpg (240x240, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15287616
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nero.

FPBP

Really makes you think.

Attached: nero-trump-mirror-540.jpg (443x540, 200K)

Not an emperor but Crassus.

Got fucked by the Persians. Now Trump is being fucked by Persians in the middle east today.

Caligula

Domitian, if you pretend that Titus never existed and he wasn't treated like a "literally who" all his life.

There is no similarities

This

Valentinian I
>considered brash and uncouth by his colleagues
>"hated the well-dressed and the educated"
>prone to autistic screeching
>ultimately an effective ruler who is unfavourably compared to his terrible predecessor by those who don't know any better (if you pretend Jovian doesn't count)

Caracalla

Is he?

Caracalla was a soldier emperor and military man, Trump really isn't. Also he granted citizenship to everyone.

Hadrian

Not him, but Iran now has Syria and Iraq in it's sphere of influence now.

Elegabalus

>He was tall, of a pale complexion, ill-shaped, his neck and legs very slender, his eyes and temples hollow, his brows broad and knit, his hair thin, and the crown of the head bald. The other parts of his body were much covered with hair. On this account, it was reckoned a capital crime for any person to look down from above, as he was passing by, or so much as to name a goat. His countenance, which was naturally hideous and frightful, he purposely rendered more so, forming it before a mirror into the most horrible contortions. He was crazy both in body and mind, being subject, when a boy, to the falling sickness. When he arrived at the age of manhood, he endured fatigue tolerably well; but still, occasionally, he was liable to a faintness, during which he remained incapable of any effort. He was not insensible of the disorder of his mind, and sometimes had thoughts of retiring to clear his brain 453. It is believed that his wife Caesonia administered to him a love potion which threw him into a frenzy. What most of all disordered him, was want of sleep, for he seldom had more than three or four hours’ rest in a night; and even then his sleep was not sound, but disturbed by strange dreams; fancying, among other things, that a form representing the ocean spoke to him. Being therefore often weary with lying awake so long, sometimes he sat up in his bed, at others, walked in the longest porticos about the house, and from time to time, invoked and looked out for the approach of day.

Perfect

Was there an Emporer who was pretty terrible but the Roman economy prospered anyway?

Augustus

Came here to say this

Most of the "horrible" emperors in the principate fit this.

To be fair I'm not sure what all the emperor could do to fuck up the economy other than debase the currency (which it eventually did). I'm sure there are things (like allowing an enemy army to depopulate your lands) but it just seems much harder in a per-industrial agricultural economy based on hard specie.

Commodus, only less fit

No, back then there was no Fed and no separation of powers to stop them the way they limit Trump'a power today. That's why the Rule of Law, a Constitution, and Republican institutions are so important - They greatly limit the damage a bad ruler can do.

>Trump
>Bad Ruler
Nice meme

Official vote on how trump is doing so far
strawpoll.me/15287616
strawpoll.me/15287616
strawpoll.me/15287616

>a good job job

>he hasn't of a double good job before

Superbus

stop this meme.

>trump
>effective ruler

Trump is a meme, as is any notion on him not being drooling mongoloid.

At least he's funding NASA. Though under the impression of the United States building a space military force anytime soon.

The Deep Space Gateway is far more important than any stupid military applications.

Depends on what you mean by "Roman" and "Emperor"

Attached: Mussolini.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

Didius Julianus.

UNCANNY

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x360, 3M)

this

>this guy styled himself after a emperor