>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>Starting Stretching: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2VQ_WZ8Bto
youtube.com/watch?v=Fdq2DJhosNY
youtube.com/watch?v=u3Jdc9te0b0
youtube.com/watch?v=EUALjIz4frs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

What are good intermediate core exercises? I can do l-sits for around 15 seconds and I'm not sure if I should do sets of l-sits and where to advance to. I don't really feel my current routine.

Try Manna progression starting from Lsits

How much of a meme is this?

High reps usually means it trains endurance more than anything, and the very short rest between different exercises..
But doesn't rich piana say to do high reps too? Although a natty wouldn't be able to maintain it and recover. But these are push ups so it's not as body destroying for a natty to high rep.

From my personal attempts at this one thing is certain - you get an insane bicep and chest pump, something that low rep one handed push ups or weighted push ups do not give me.

>But doesn't rich piana say to do high reps too
he SAID it, he was also on massive amounts of gear and never moved any impressive weight

high reps destroy your joints, no need to go above 5x15 unless you are training for something completely specific

that pic is shit tier meme at best

Why does it give me such a good pump?

What should I do instead for an intense chest workout?

is your goal pump? it's an 'exercise' routine, exercise gives you pump
for chest do chest shit, if bw archer push ups

why would high reps destroy joints? Sommers has talked about a friend of his, some asian gymnastics coach, who was crazy about HSPU and set a record of 170 consecutive HSPU at age 50. and today at age 60+ he can easily do 75+

just do one punch man routine

how do I start doing this crazy shit as a 6 foot potato at 90kg

Start with Reddit's bodyweight fitness app, got me started.

I started with Foundation level 1

While practising L sits on the floor I can do 60sec one leg while switching leg every 15sec. Should I move on to V sit (I can do like 10-15sec) or wait till I can do a 30/30 one leg?

do you mean V hold or v-ups?
because vups are easier than Lsits
according to Manna progression, you should do leg extensions while in Lsit for reps

I used to do something similar to this routine but it's not really a good workout.
I now do 5 sets of 12 push ups working different kinds of pushups (1 set handstand, 2 sets uneven, 2 sets diamond) when working my hands.

post manna progression

OP or first reply to OP?

Will I lose all my gains if I totally transition to bodyweight without gear
I'm bored of bb

dunno, how skelly are you?

What 'chest shit' besides one handed push ups?
It's all too easy in low reps and i dont like meme moves like one handes push ups or pull ups

I'm Fight Club mode but I wanted to get a little bigger

never said anything about one handed push ups, which don't hit chest at all when done in proper form
I don't train chest so I can't give you any other advice

try eating more than once a day? idk

No need to be sarcy brethren

Then slow down your reps ya fuckin dunce

Been there done that

Thinking of abandoning all exercises except pullups, pushups, dips, and planks. Anyone have any experience of this? Good/bad idea?

Put your feet on your bed and do slow pushups.

As long as you do different variations add squats and do them weighted and/or high reps or slow reps it's fine

You absolutely need rear delt work my man.

I do a fair bit of walking so my legs are already bigger than the rest of my body. Progressing by adding an extra rep to each set per week, once I reach 10 sets of 10 I'll start adding weights.

Any recomendations?

Thanks lads.

Does anyone have any kind of progression for one handed handstand?

Chin ups work the rear delt.

Bodyweight rows? Nah?

Don't fool yourself walking isn't good enough I fell for the same shit man I know it hurts but you gotta do em

Work up to sets of 15 then move onto 10 sets of 10 the goal is to train the tendons first

I don't know if they are "enough", but i do know they indeed do work while doing chin ups.

GOAT pull up variations? reddit tells me to do Lsit pullups but I cant because I don't have a normal pull up bar

Cheers men.

Jog to a playground use the equipment like a personal gym most are open until 8-9pm and no kids except teens come around and some of them are cool will work out with you for lols

>I don't have a normal pull up bar
Are you using a door?

I use a door. I've been thinking that's bad because you can sort of "rest" your forearms on the door itself. But it doesn't affect the movement of the joint so maybe I'm mistaken. Does anyone know about this?

I wish I could. I'm in an army base. I'll probably bring a portable pull up bar next time I have a chance

using a door is a lot harder for me because I'm not used to the grip. last time I tried I got half my usual reps.
I guess I should just man the fuck up and do it anyway

I'm calling bullshit then every base has a place for pt pull ups are essential

there were four (4) pull up bars. 3 are connected to a wall so you can't do Lsits not matter which location you face. The one good one I've been using until now broke

I strictly do 1 handed pushups and dips for chest, it s worked for me to push my chest out.

I've been following the foundation for a bit, now on my second month of not missing any workouts (3x a week) after I returned from summer vacations.
Two questions: 1st, I'm sick of learning a new stretch with every new movement, is there any way to trivialize my stretching a bit? Is that stretching torrent worth it? How should I go about adapting it to my routine?
2nd, I'm throwing some light dumbbell work at the end of every workout (e.g. curls on monday for bis, lateral raises on wednesday for delts). Is that a good idea?

currently doing full body workout 3 times a week. what can i do on my days off? want to train but i probably need the rest

cardio
personally I'm using my rest days to learn how to jump rope
you can probably find something similar that you enjoy

The stretching torrent is by the same guys who made foundation, so yeah it's really good in terms of programming. I think it's better at flexibility than foundation is at strength. You could even drop most of the iM, they suck balls compared to the stretching torrent.
My personal experience with it is - it took me about a month to get my pike to a level where I can touch my knees with my chin. And about 2 months to almost get a front split.

The problem is that I couldn't keep up. I skipped a lot of workouts because I wasn't feeling like doing them. You get 3 days a week, in one day you train Front split and Pike, in some other day - Middle Split and Pancake, and in the third day you train Shoulder mobility and Bridges. So you get 45-50 minutes of stretching, adding to what you already do from Foundation. The truth, however, is that it will take you longer. It took me 2h to complete the 45 min routine for the first time. It's really hard work. You'll be out of breath, you'll sweat a lot, your face will be red with blood, and your body will tremble. Toward the end of my 2 month of regular stretching I could finish the 45 min workout in about an 1h and some stretches were less painful, so you'll see quick improvement. It's going to be really hard in the beginning, though.

For the 2nd thing, I don't know what your goals are, but it is definitely not a bad idea. The curls for the bis are going to strengthen you bicep tendon, which will help with planche and other straight arm training. They will also make you bis bigger. The lateral raises are kinda useful for hypertrophy. Imo Foundation works the delts really good already, so you don't need them. I would do something else, for example you can increase the volume on a skill that is your priority from Foundation. I used to train a lot of front lever in the beginning, and now I've shifted towards HSPU and HBP.

cont.

contd.
So if you want to train for aesthetics, the additional work you do seems good. If you would like to reach a skill faster, I'd change the lateral raises with something else.

Also one last tip about stretching. I don't know how far you are in your MN progression, but once you get to the L-sits, you are going to slow down a lot. The reason being you'd lack compression, meaning strength in the hip flexors to do a Pancake stretch. You need to start doing the iM for L-sits early, so that you don't slow down your progress. And by iM I mean Seated pike leg lifts and seated straddle leg lifts. You need this to achieve a Straddle L. You might have the strength to hold a Straddle L, but the flexibility it requires is slow to build.

That's it from me, mate.

get gloves, its not being a bitch to wear gloves when you do pull ups on a door.

thank you very much mate, that was an extremely concise answer

For the stretching: damn, that sounds like hard work. I thought that it was simply a collection of stretches I could do between my sets, not entire stretching workouts. I want to become more flexible, fix my posture (i'm sitting in front of the pc a lot), and maintain healthy muscles and joints, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to devote that much time for that. Would you say that following a shorter and easier program (like starting stretching, which i'm looking into right now) every day is enough for that - at least for now? Do you have any experience with it? Also, would the iMs still be essential if I go that route?

For the extra work: My main goal is to progress into the movements and become more athletic, and my side goal is to achieve a nice physique, and bulk up a bit (which is going fine so far - I've gone from a scrawny 120lbs to 140lbs, 5'11" in the past few months and only a small amount of that is fat - I can almost see my abs!). I started doing laterals because after a month of consistent training I felt like my delts weren't getting any work, and I didn't think I'm ready to get into HSPU.

Thanks for the heads up about the MN progression, btw. I'm still on PE2, I've been taking the core progressions slowly to get the movements down and make sure I'm executing them properly, but that will surely come in handy.

Also, one more thing: I'm afraid I'm blasting my wrists too much when doing HBP. Any advice to keep them healthy?

Don't be fooled. Invest in a resistance band or two and do face pulls and band pull apart so. Bodyweight rows and reverse ring fly's will help too. Trust me man it's worth it, you really don't want a fucked up shoulder that keeps coming back to bite you in the ass.

Post full body pic

Not the other user. But if you feel your wrists are taking a beating, you NEED to rest and ice them for a week or so. I tried doing feet elevated push ups back when I was starting to see where my strength was, ended up with terrible tendonitis for almost a month. Listen to your body my man.

I exaggerated - I haven't actually hurt them (yet), but I can feel that I'm putting heavy pressure on them after doing pushups and they feel stiff afterwards, so I'm looking for a way to prevent future injuries.

yeah the beginning was hard, but once you get to Hanging leg lifts which is PE5-6, I think, you'll start progressing fast, since they are not getting progressively much harder. You are not as far as you think you are from achieving your goals. The delts will catch up real quick once you get into sPL PE4-5-6 Planche Leans and tuck planches. Btw are you doing HandstandOne? you need the wrist and forearm prehab from HS1 and use it before sPL training to avoid the most disgusting pain ever....... forearm splints.

for the stretching depends on your problem. If you have rounded shoulders Starting stretching will help somewhat - stretching the pecs is all you need. Much more effective is working your rear delts and rhomboideus muscles - aka the retractors of the scapula. For example this video from Athlean X at 3:25
youtube.com/watch?v=l2VQ_WZ8Bto

or deadlifts or whatever you can think of that makes you retract your scapula. Btw the athlean exercise works just as well without a resistance band.

If you have rounded back when you sit long time on pc, I can't help you much. It just starts to hurt after a while and there's not much you can do. We weren't made to sit motionless for extended periods of time. The only thing I can recommend you is leaning back. pic related. This woman is keeping her back at 90* without support of chair. Try going even further to 95-100 degrees or even more. The more you lean back with no support, the less work your trapezius has to do, and instead your abs take over. Naturally as you type on pc you lean forward and that puts huge stress on your trapezius, avoid keeping a straight back at 80-85 degrees. You'll get real tired real quick.

I've also heard that surgeons have it tough during a 5 hour operation. So you could check out "How to prevent back pain during surgery" I've never dug that deep into the issue.

contd
for the wrists I do the HS1 wrist prehab. I never had wrist problems with HBP, though.

this guy has another wrist prehab that is a bit different to the one in Foundation
youtube.com/watch?v=Fdq2DJhosNY

and this guy who was actually a coach at GymnasticBodies. He has lots of knowledge.
youtube.com/watch?v=u3Jdc9te0b0
This wrist roller is the best thing for forearm strength and preventing forearm splints alongside with the rice bucket
youtube.com/watch?v=EUALjIz4frs

nice ty

how straight are your legs? Even a slight bend in the knee is bad. pic related is they way to go.
One way to go is into advanced L-sits and V-up. The other is what the other guys told you - L-sit into Straddle-L into Middle Split Hold into Manna

Is that Moot?

damn so that's what moot's up to these days

Is there any secret is deadhanging grip?

I'm trying to improve, but I feel my skin slipping and I can't get a good grip

here's upper bod

What kind of mode would this give me. Btw I'm a guy.

thanks so much yet again mate, you've given me some invaluable advice
No, I haven't picked up handstand yet, I'll probably start doing the prehab work before my next workout though, seems like it will help my wrist issue too
I checked the video from athlean-x and another one of his on general posture, and I think I'm gonna add some more work on top of starting stretching to help my posture too. I'm not in pain or anything of the sort yet, but I wanna prevent it in the future, since my work has me desk-bound in front of a pc. I've been practicing sitting straight for quite some time but by watching those videos I realized that, to mitigate for that, I've been slouching my head a lot, so my neck needs work.

I'm now watching the wrist videos, and that's spot on what I needed.

Again, thanks a lot mate, I'd collected all those questions over the past month and you answered them all in one go!

I give up on bodyweight training. It's fucking lame

Why is dan such a gigantic faggot,

>cant ohp 2pl8
>all those hspu

What a joke

Also

>steroids

That guy is a fag, I would easily sweep her from there and pass her guard.
Learn to grip the bar properly.

He press 187lbs(85kg)

Sorry you feel that way I made my best upper body gains with bw

Maybe I can get some advice here, seems like a high stress point for bodyweight training - best resource for wrist strengthening/flexibility/rehab/prehab?
I like bodyweight but have had a problem. Some wrist injuries (tendonitis/tendonosis, plus something else related to tightness, incorrect pressure transfer and some issue around scaphoid bone) forced me into months off upper body work and quitting a job.

Still limiting at the moment though I'm pretty fine on fingertips/knuckles/parallettes. I'm only just starting to be able to do some palms-on-ground work and fear re-injury. Also still quite tight through the forearm flexors/extensors.

Helped so far: more rest, wrist wraps, dry needling, trigger point, wrist "posture", pressure transfer to fingertips/ball of palm, stretching (some basic wrist stretches help - not all of the mobility drills; I can't remember the name but something like reddit bodyweight routine; the angles feel wrong), and subbing in some barbell work. Any other things to try?

hE'S fucking hot aye

>ctrl+f
>wrist