/PLG/ - PowerBlogging General

For the purpose of mental GDEs to blog non-lifting details of their pathetic, friendless lives.

Feel free to argue about the same 3 canned early intermediate programs if you get bored of blogging.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RG-d7T0COPs
youtube.com/watch?v=fGO2X0vBgsM
youtube.com/watch?v=v0DxKbHMGo8
soundcloud.com/noisekick_real/fbr008-06-kurwastyle-project-this-mission-is-over
youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ2HXi8FMc
youtube.com/watch?v=U__Yo4Tr2k4
youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo
youtube.com/watch?v=XuVibnWHoLA
youtube.com/watch?v=0ySpk3ErFd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8sTQ9yIT8
youtube.com/watch?v=cfIUhR875as
youtube.com/watch?v=U_HWdUi2TbE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdLX_JnR7io
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TM, Nuckols and c6w? Bridge, cowboy and ws4sb? Gzcl, 531 and Sheiko?
Which 3?

You.

>isley will slip a disc in your lifetime while running ph3

youtube.com/watch?v=RG-d7T0COPs

Cowbpy, Nuckols Intermediate, then Advanced or write your own program.

I wasn't asking what program to do, I was wondering which 3 programs stand out as the most discussed

Candito, Texas method, and GZCL are the current memes.

TM and eat more

Cookie cutter blogs
Cookie cutter programs

what else do you expect from a bunch of cookie cutter powerlifters

It's all part of the Norton Experience. I can't wait for Isleys comeback video. Not sure if he'll be doing the failed supplement line or not though.

Was begging for programs yesterday, decided to try make my own,
Made it using greg cuckols 28 programs (took from 2 day bench, 2 day deadlift, and 2 day squat, all intermediate).
Critique/advice p-p-please.
Stats: 194cm/108kg, bench 146kg/squat 203kg/dl 220kg, done starting stregth/texas method.
4 week cycle.
Will post it next.

I'd say c6w lower + cuckols upper is one, TM another and I see a lot of shilling for bridge and cowboy

Week 1
Day 1
Bench 4x5 @ 80%
Bench 2x3 @ 85
Tricep pulls 4x8
DB press 4x8
Chins 4x10

Day 2
Squat 6x6 @ 75%
DL 3x6 first set @ rpe 8

Day 3
CG Bench 1x12rm
CG bench 3x9@12rm
tricep pulls 2x30
curls 2x30
db flys 2x30

Day 4
Front squat 1x8rm
Front squat 3x5@8rm
DL 8x3 @ 75%

Week 2
Day 1
Bench 2x5@80%
Bench 4x3@85%
Triceps 3x8
DB press 3x8
Chins 3x10

Day 2
Squat 4x3@85%
DL 4x6 same weight as week 1

Day 3
CG bench 1x10rm
CG bench 4x7@10rm
Curls 3x30
Triceps 3x30
Flys 3x30

Day 4
DL 6x3@80%
Front squat 1x5@5rm
Fronst squat 3x3@5rm

Week 3
Day 1
Bench 3x3@85%
Bench 3x1@90%
Triceps 3x8
db press 3x8
chins 3x8

Sqt 3x1@90%
Dl 5x6 same weight as week 1

Day 3
CG bench 1x8rm
CG bench 5x5@8rm
curls 4x30
flys 4x30
triceps 4x30

Day 4
DL 4x3@85%
Front squat 1x3@3rm +3x1@3rm

Week 4
Day 1
Bench 5x3 @70%
Triceps 3x6 same weight week 1 weight for all 3.
DB press 3x6
Chins 3x8

Day 2
Squat 1x1rm
Dl 4x3@65%

Day 3
Bench 1x1rm
Curls 3x20
flys 3x20
Triceps 3x20

Day 4
Front squat 1x1rm
DL 1x1rm

Repeat with new 1rms.

2* squat is likely too little volume at your level.

Agree with this
I'd do 3x for bench
For squat I'd do either (3x) or (2x + Day 3 from the 3x)
For DL I'd do 1x, but I'd also look at the "beg" routines. They work for intermediates too.

Just run it and see what happens. At this point of lifting you'll learn about yourself by doing a bit of experimentation. Just make sure you run things long enough to test them properly, not changing every 3 weeks.

Get some horizontal rowing in there to start though. Chest supported variation D1, and unsupported like Pendlay/Yates/BoR/Lever/Kroc/Cable row etc on D3.

Not him
Name a reason why I should do unsupported rows at all when bench is supported

not him but shoulder stabiliry and you should do a unsupported press anyways.

Can we finally get past the idea that intermediates need to make weekly progress? If you've ever done a program like the Texas method, you'll know that you had zero work capacity, conditioning, and lost your 'strength' in less than a week. That's because the premise for 1 week progress is retarded. It keeps you stuck in the realization phase of training, so all you're doing is peaking to a new 5rm rather than actually building strength. Show me a Russian or norwegian prescribing such retarded training to intermediates. You won't find it. Doesn't exist. Fuck rippletits and his drones.

Forgot the obligatory milk man.

I do ohp for my unsupported press and chimups for my unsupported pull
I do bench for my supported press and seal rows for my supported pull
10/10 balanced imo

I'll look at those and post the program I make sometime later.
Started canditos 6week today.
Will finish that before I do anything else.

Is Jason blaha /our guy/?

>unsupported like Pendlay/Yates/BoR/Lever/Kroc/Cable row etc on D3.

what about chinups? does that count ?

Scapula movement. You can 'reach and row' with an unsupported movement.

Not a horizontal movement. Chin/pull ups should be in addition to your horizontal pulls

It's stilt a lat and bicep exercise with free scapula movement
I think we're splitting hairs at this point

He's making a distinction between a vertical and horizontal pull. Chins are vertical pulls.

would cable face pulls suffice then?

No, he said "you have to do unsupported rows because free scapula movement" here and then said that "pullups don't count because vertical" here

R E V E R S E F L I E S

As long as I can bang fitness ig chicks like Layne I don't care if my spine turns to dust.

Who did Lame Nordstrom bang?

I think it's useful to include a vertical pull, and an unsupported horizontal pull so that the scapula can move freely in both ROMs (because it's important for the scapula to move forwards and wrap around the ribcage, hence not just chinups), and also a supported horizontal movement to allow for multiple horizontal rowing sessions in the week.

Using a supported version is useful in terms of removing body-English and not letting momentum and lats overtake using the smaller muscles. It also forces a lower weight and removes and lumbar stress which is ideal the day before the heavier/harder deadlift session (bearing in mind I only glanced at week one which is 6@8 ~78%, versus 3's at 75%)

not fully related but on the topic of useful things...

every pressing session start by choking a light band round a rack and do 50 tricep pushdowns and 50 facepulls

good warmup and good accrual of volume over a long period of time

I've noticed I've started having a lot of warm-up sets as I've started lifting heavier weights. How many warm up sets are ideal? What kind of jumps should I be doing?

Can you please explain in which way doing a seal row prevents your scapula from moving?

it still moves but is restricted slightly in both ends of the rom

To clarify - it's the 'forward' reach at the bottom it'll hinder the most, via the bench being in the way. And unless you've got a cambered bar you're probably not going to get full retraction at the top either.

i think its good to have a mixture of things where you can utilise a bit of momentum as well as some movements performed strict/from a dead stop/paused

You probably have a point but pendlay/yates rows fatigue my lower back more than light SLDLs do, so I prefer doing seal rows and light SLDLs on my light day rather than doing actual rows
Whenever I put them in my program I fail intensity day because of my erectors, they really don't work for me. I hate sounding like a snowflae but what can you do.

Yeah, I'm liking pullups from a dead hang, batwing rows, and machine rows with a reach at the mo.

>It also forces a lower weight and removes and lumbar stress which is ideal the day before the heavier/harder deadlift session

That's why I mentioned the above. You've got to do what works. Tbh though if Pendlay rows are enough to make you fail your deadlifts it might be time to look at alternative deadlift programming. I'm really not a fan of the way TM et al force @ RPE 10 sets every week.

>be 68kg
>120kgx1x5 squat
>Run c6w
>Epley formula estimates 1rm to be 140kg
>Lowball to 135kg
>Week 5
>Squat 127.5kgx2
>"Take what you lifted in week 5 and multiply by 1.03 if you hit two reps, this is your new max"
>131kg

I...I guess I regressed. This is so frustrating. Im way too weak to be stalling. Am I an actual gde? What the fuck do I do? I spent 5 weeks doing nothing but getting weaker.

Fuck you guys never told me low bar is so taxing on your upper back, basically on 2nd set my back was so tired I couldn't keep the bar on it for shit.
Ok here are two of my 3 sets. After 3rd my back was so trashed I couldn't even unrack the bar anymore. Mainly I'm interested if my bar placement is correct and if it's normal for my upper back to be so trashed, also how do I know if I reached depth clearly I go way below parallel. I mean I can front squat more than that. two different sets from different angles, both the same weight. 1st set youtube.com/watch?v=fGO2X0vBgsM 2nd set youtube.com/watch?v=v0DxKbHMGo8

Whatever gets you warmed up.
With squats i usually start with the bar, then put 135, then from there i make 50 pound jumps

Did you eat at all?

Should be the least taxing variant on your upper back, in fact it's because of this that there is a ~10% difference between high bar and low bar maxes.. You depth is fine, it's not excessively deep. You're probably just not used to it yet.

kgx1x5 squat
i bet this is from TM

fuck then why was my back literally dead after 1st set? Could the bar be a little too high I kinda felt that way, but fuck getting the position right it's the most awkward squat, but it feels really good on my low back so I'm gonna stick to it.

Yes. I hit the 120x5 on TM. Explain since you seem to be on to something here.
Yes, I've been eating at 3k-3.5k calories per day the entire routine.

TM makes you peak weekly, peaking occurs when you dissapate accumulated fatigue without losing strength

you squatted 127.5kg while fatigued, so realisticly you got way stronger

>Back dead
Like I said probably not used to it yet

>Little too high
It's possible. Try to bring it lower if you can.

So you gained weight? How was your sleep?

Hello, 5'8", 143lbs. How long until I can join the 1/2/3/4 club?

Fatigue management is part of c6w.

yes but c6w does not peak anywhere in the program

How long is a string?

Doesn't mean it always works well

Sleeps been better than ever. Solid 8h per day. Can't be confident in weight gain though as my scale was broke for a long time and I only recently got a new one.

Can I really retain fatigue 5 weeks after said peak? How does this even work? How do I get out of fatigue? Am I poorly synched right now or something?
What should I have done? What do I do?

I'm still doing Olympic lifting squats, tried that low bar faggotry and had to stop. Feels awkward.
Plus squatting 230kg Olympic style is more impressive.

About 20lbs away

I was the same, never wanted to go low bar because it looks shit imo, but damn it's so good on my lower back literally 0 pain 0 tightness nothing, while high bar I've been trying and trying to fix and nothing helps. Maybe one day I can go back to high bar again.

It peaks you for week 6. If you decide to test your 1rm. Week 6 can be used to compete, deload by repeating week 1, or by starting a new cycle. However, the week 5 results are usually pretty close to your 1rm.

you get rid of fatigue by decreasing volume while keeping intensity relatively high, so you dont lose strength

So if I can gain around a 1lb a week, that means I'm about 5-6 months away?

>Feels awkward
Everything does when you first try it out

>More impressive
The only person you should try to impress is yourself senpai. Do whatever you like.

Thinking about taking 4 weeks after this comp to just train to squat 315xage for my birthday in november.

Good idea or great idea?

What does that practically mean for a clearly weak idiot like me? Do I fuck around for two weeks before going on a new program? Any program that starts you off with this?

I'm taking the piss. Just eat, lift, grow. Don't focus on how long it'll take, just enjoy the process.

Cheeky rows today lads.

in this case it means try very hard and eat more

I really need to read a more detailed guide on how I "try harder". In cases like my original post the set ended with a failed rep. How do I physically try any harder than that?

its a mindset

watch bugenhagen on youtube

I have, he screams and recommends max weight sets daily. This was clearly not working for me. He also seems to get away with a rounded lower back doing this, implicating he's probably got significantly better genetics than a GDE like me.

personally shit like this and coffee helps me try harder soundcloud.com/noisekick_real/fbr008-06-kurwastyle-project-this-mission-is-over

its not about physical attributes or trainingstyle, its the mindset

you have to be completely OBSESSED about DESTROYING the weight. For example im a mental chad and the only thing i think about the whole day is how im gonna smash those squats i got programmed for today. Im still far away from my goal weight, but nothing in between is gonna stop me from getting there

i also use aggressive music, it helps

I was fucking hyped all day for setting a new PR today. Warmup was solid and explosive. Good day all around. Time for the set, third rep and I literally cannot move any more. I don't fucking get how I'm supposed to "TRY HARDER"

Post some aggressive shit you like, I'm getting a bit to used to 300bpm speedcore.

>The only person you should try to impress is yourself senpai. Do whatever you like.
That's what I mean, it's for myself kek.
I also train by myself with no powerrack and no spotters, if I fail a lowbar rep I'm dead.

The brain is the most important part of your CNS. You're a pussy. Try harder, long term.

film yourself next time you think youre ''trying hard'' and rewatch and assess if you actually were trying hard, probally not

Daily reminder that the sticky needs updating. It lists 5/3/1 and Texas method as intermediate programs. We all know that's not the best.

Still absolutely clueless how I fix my alleged fatigue problem. If I'm going into a peak week with fatigue allegedly accumulated 5 weeks ago, what am I supposed to do to defatigue and get back to being able to apparently run a program in the shape I am supposed to be?

What are the visual cues of "trying hard"? I've done this before. Are you supposed to never fail a rep unless you physically die from it? I exerted maximum force. Maximum force was not enough to move the weight.

5/3/1 is actually fine for most people with busy life.

do you like trash metal

stop being a bitch
try hard

I have a Wilks of 207. Is there ANYONE here with a lower Wilks?

Deload.
You're always going to have some fatigue though. The goal is to keep it managed and let lots of it dissipate. Proper organised training will do that for you.
What was the time difference between your 120x5 on Texas method and the time you started candito?

If you come to Veeky Forums for serious advice you are a fool to begin with

You're a crybaby pussy. Quit lifting if you can't understand trying hard.

>he never goes beyond plus ultra
Yeah and tbf everything thats fast and aggressive I basically started with metal when I was younger.

Trip test

Started c6w the monday after hitting 120x5 on Friday.

Do I improvise some sort of deload routine? For how long?

>I exerted maximum force. Maximum force was not enough
Mental GDEs actually think this, wow.

Then why aren't you lifting world record weights? Are you not trying hard enough? Literally just pick up the barbell and try hard enough?

Trylet detected

I'm a world's qualifier. No world records though. I'm not willing to try the hardest and do steroids.

I literally said I'm the definition of a physical GDE. I am objectively inferior to the majority of posters here. I am definitely a GDE.

Literally just walk up to a 550kg barbell and lift it faggot. You're just not trying hard enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ2HXi8FMc
youtube.com/watch?v=U__Yo4Tr2k4
youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo
youtube.com/watch?v=XuVibnWHoLA
youtube.com/watch?v=0ySpk3ErFd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8sTQ9yIT8
youtube.com/watch?v=cfIUhR875as
youtube.com/watch?v=U_HWdUi2TbE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdLX_JnR7io

here are a couple wouldve posted more stuff but i gotta go. Hope you enjoy some of these since i have no idea what ya like

youre not a physical gde, but you are definitely a mental GDE. good thing that that isnt set in stone unlike genetics

How many pounds should i set to put on my deadlift for coan/phillipi?