Thoughts on my programming?

Posted this in /routine/ thread but its slow af and nearly dead, so im putting it here.

I do sort of a modified Texas Method with GPP since EVERYONE who does TM ends up modifying it. Even Rip & crew shit on TM now lol
Been lifting for 9 months. (2 months of fuckarounditis, 5 months of starting strength, 2 months of this) Id say im an "intermediate" trainee, so i can still add a little weight each session, though i usually have to micro load
Currently bulking, training to get big and stronk.

Monday:
Squat 5x5
Bench/ OHP 5x5
Deadlift 3x5

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday
Light Squat 3x5
OHP/Bench 3x5
Weighted Chin-ups 3x5
BB Rows (from floor) 3x5

Thursday - GPP day 1
Hit neglected muscles (rear delts, biceps, upper back/traps)
Ab work
Conditioning (Sprints, Prowler Push, Farmers Walks)

Friday
Squat 3x5
Bench/OHP 3x5
Power Cleans 5x3
Glute-Ham Raises 3x10

Saturday - GPP day 2
Bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups/chinups, dips, etc.)
Ab work
Conditioning (Steady-state cardio)

Sunday- Rest

GPP days are light and submaximal so they wont hinder training days
Been doing this for 2 months so far. Love it. Helped me burst through plateau after 6 months of SS.

Thoughts/critiques?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/top-3-muscle-building-routines-max-muscle-gains.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

edit* helped me burst through plateau after 5 months of SS

shameless self bump

really lacking. you need to decide which days you need to drink your own cum. for god's sake read the fucking SS book

what do you mean by drinking your own cum. Curious

>Even Rip & crew shit on TM now lol
since when?

Rip doesn't promote it anymore like he used to and jordan feigenbaum and austing baraki says they wouldn't recommend it to anyone

If you're making gains then don't change it, clearly it's working.

Intermediate 4 Day Split Model:

Competetive shot-putter model:

Monday
Squats and pressing exercises

Wednesday
Pulling exercises such as cleans and snatches, and other back work

Thursday
Squats and presses

Saturday
Pulling exercises

Competetive powerlifter model:

Monday
Bench press and related exercises

Wednesday
Squatting and deadlifting exercises

Thursday
Bench press and related exercises

Saturday
Squatting and deadlifting exercises

Intermediate 4 Day Split Template:

Monday (Bench Press and Related Exercises)
Bench Press 5X5 (Sets Across)
(Press Assistance)
Push Press 1X5
or Standing DB Press 2X8
or Kettlebell Jerk 2x8
or KB Push Press 2x8
(alternate among the four)
Chin/Pull Ups 3X12

Tuesday (Squats and Pulling Exercises)
Squats 5X5 (sets across)
Powercleans 5x3 (or Bentover BB Row 3x8)
GHR 5X10

Thursday (Press and Related Exercises)
Standing Press 5X5 (sets across)
(Bench Press Assistance)
DB Bench 3X6-12 (add weight when you get all 12)
Chin/Pull Ups 3x12

Friday (High Intensity Squat and Deadlift Exercises)
Front Squat 5X3
alternate weekly w/
Back Squat 3x1 or 3x2 or 3x3 (alternate rep scheme)

or
10x2 Box Squats (65% of 5x5 weight)

Bench Press 1x1 (to be done on weeks w/3x1 Front Squats. Eliminate Thursday bench on these weeks)

Deadlift 1X5

Does anyone have a template for a powerlifting based Texas method program?

TM is a powerlifting program. Sucks for anything except squats though.

Rip and other SS coaches are now on the RPE train. Check out The Bridge on Barbell Medicine for an idea of how they prefer to program stuff now.

yeah my GPP stuff was inspired by the bridge. It looks like a good program, but idk if I'm experienced enough with RPE to make accurate judgements, so I just go off percentages like TM does

You guys don’t focus on one muscle group at a time like chest day, back day, etc?

I only started doing it a couple weeks ago. I was abysmal at judging RPE but honestly you should just try to. You get a lot better at it. Just treat it like a skill you have to try and improve. All the percentage based stuff makes me stall pretty hard, so far this feels a lot better at managing training fatigue. I find the biggest issue for me personally though is overestimating RPE, so sometimes I'm not working as hard as I should. Just don't be a shit cunt (like me) and RPE likely will work really well for you.

No, it's better that way because we have more frequency

my arms doesn't grow with PPL, so i decided to change things a bit, my chest and back are great, just like i wanted, but my arms are tiny, 14.5".
Should i do biceps and triceps three times a week?

>my programming

>not making it up every time you go
never gonna make it

noob or troll?

Thoughts on my programming?

def fizzbuzz:
for j in range(0, 100):
if j%5 == 3:
return 'fizz'
elif j%3 == 5:
return 'buzz'
elif j%3 and j%5 == 0:
return 'fizzbuzz'
else:
return 'j'

>Rip and other SS coaches are now on the RPE train
Nope. The Barbell Medicine guys? Sure. Rip himself? Not at all. Look, there's a reason why Feigenbaum and Baraki released their own program through their own company and not under the SS umbrella.

Rip says RPE is useful for advanced lifters, but not for novices and intermediates. And since the starting strength program and business model is only for novices and intermediates, he doesn't say anything good about RPE

this is literally NOTHING like texas method you shrub. for christ's sake have you read anything on it at all?

texas method has 3 elements that you are obviously missing - VOLUME, RECOVERY AND INTENSITY. all you are doing is basically a bastardized version of stage 3 of the novice program with some bullshit added in

Nigga that function just returns the letter 'j'

OK sure, that's fair. I guess I shouldn't equate them being SS coaches with what every other SS coach is advocating. Default TM is shit though, and for it be a reasonable cookie-cutter program at all requires so much modification that you may as well not call it TM anymore.

I mean it's like TM in that I do all the same lifts and follow a similar workout structure. I don't do the designated day thing, so it isn't that much like TM I'll admit

the only 'default' version of TM is just volume/recovery/intensity, which could basically be anything. volume day could be 5x5/8x3/4x10/whatever as long as there is a shitload of reps, while intensity day could be 1x1/2/3/4/5/etc

Rip is like any other aging guy who is always dismissive of anything created by the generation after him.

Here's an idea on how to make RPE useful for novices: use it as a guide on how long to rest in between sets. They get to practice using it without affecting their load at all, yet it still manages to have an effect on their training.

Rip is just stuck in his ways and uncreative as fuck.

I like the 4-day split program here:

bodybuilding.com/content/top-3-muscle-building-routines-max-muscle-gains.html

>implying it doesn't return 'fizzbuzz' which is the name of the function

When rip answered the question on rpe he was talking about how it shouldn't be programmed for novices because they aren't experienced enough to gauge how hard a lift is going to be BEFORE they lift, and since they're a novice, they can increase the weight each training session, RPE is going to change each training session. And on that he's right. RPE is bad for novices and possibly intermediates because it's something they needn't be concerned with. They just need to think about increasing the weight every training session.

>deadlifts immediately following squats
lol

100% agree with novices, but not for intermediates. Some people are just shit at adding weight every single week and they stall hard. RPE based training allows for progression over a longer period of time. You just have to make sure you're actually pushing yourself. RPE based training is just overall better than linearly increasing weight based on a % every week.

if the intermediate lifter displays that they can accuratly gauge RPE, then yes it is useful for them. Not all intermediate lifters can do this though

Works well actually, dyel. I don’t want or need legs the size of redwood stumps. And, I don’t care about being able to deadlift a blue whale.

RPE is a skill you improve by doing it more, just like anything else. If someone really can't figure it out, then sure, but at that point, they probably need a coach anyway because nothing they do themselves will work.

agreed

Have fun looking like a bitch deadlifting baby weight because you used up all your energy squatting or be squatting baby weight so you can save yourself for deadlifts

Agree to some extent. That's why you don't use RPE to determine the load in the meantime. Instead, use it to determine the rest periods in between sets. Set felt like @10? Rest 5+ mins. @7-8? 2-3 mins. That way, you get to practice using RPE without actually affecting your workload, but it actually has some utility in your training.

Sure, dyel, sure. It’s getting late shouldn’t you be meal prepping for the rest of the week?

what did he mean by this?

>calls others dyel
>follows meme routine from bodybuilding.com
wew

What do you mean? Progression is the only thing that's actually important, so as long as that requirement is met at a reasonable pace then who cares what set up you use to get there.

>what did he mean by this

One of the many phrases used by underaged posters looking for (you)s. Young Caleb here has escaped the /b/ containment board.

>www.bodybuiling.com

Thoughts on my setup.

Mon/Fri
Push press- 5x3 ramping
Front squat- 5x3
Weighted chin: 3x5+
KB swing: 3x8
Neck curl: 2x50

Wed

Weighted dip 3x5+
Clean pull 5x3 ramping
Deadlift 3x3
cable row 3x8
KB swing 3x8
Neck curl 2x50

>no squats

you're not a man, son

just try it bro. protein recycle. you do want to make gains, don't you?

So if rip no longer recommends Texas anymore what DOES he recommend?

he does recommend texas though

you suck at programming