Strategy game set during WWII

>Strategy game set during WWII
>Cover features 3 overrated and shitty generals

What did Paradox mean by this?

Attached: Hearts-of-Iron-IV.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

more like 4

The game is so shit. Germany can barely get an inch into the Soviet Union if run by ai but Italy can win in North Africa in 3 months.

LOOKS LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW COUNT NIGGER

I tried to give Germany 5 mil manpower and they still couldn't beat the Soviets. I gave them 200k infantry equipment and max built their factories. Nothing worked.

What? I've had Germany beat Soviet several times.

They know their userbase

I see 4 overrated and shitty generals.

Germany is fucking OP in the base game (even more in BLACK ICE), what are you talking about?

Joukov is not overrated.

German AI never does anything tactical, just spreads out in straight direction until lines get thinner and thinner.
Also Germany always keeps like 200 divisions in the west because Britain never stops trying to land.

I ran like 10 simulations and Germany never won.

Black Ice is HoI 3.

>I ran like 10 simulations and Germany never won
That's some weird RNG, usually they fucking rape the Soviets (especially if they take the national focus that puppets Yugoslavia and Greece) until America lands 400 billion men in Holland
There's a black ice for HoI4 too, it includes meme focuses like Goring's art collection and Himmlers occult bullshit

Never had this problem, desu

Reminder that playing anything other than Darkest Hour should be punished by death.

>They don't update KR for DH anymore
It's such a shame too, it's a far better game mechanically than "naval invasions every 3 days" 4

Attached: cry.jpg (225x225, 8K)

lmao just garrison your ports nerd

When Paradox makes launching your own naval or airborne invasions not cause an aneurysm I'll consider it

What? Is KR over in DH?

Fuck

did you mean 4?

wtf the USSR always gets BTFO. It's America that's truly OP.

in most of my vanilla games Germany absolutely crushes the USSR then America joins the war and it's all over.

after the new expansion HOI4 is unironically better than DH.

Fun game but not very difficult, I wish there was more depth to it than right clicking a front line, dragging an attack order to the other end of the country, and pressing "go."

>Expert AI fixes the AI but you're stuck with shit flavor and focus trees
>Kaiserreich fixes the flavor and focus trees but you're stuck with shit AI
Fuck this game

I haven't pirated it yet, did they finally fix the retarded AI?
>Dev Diary when it was being made says they want to limit automation
>Basically everything is automated
Bravo Johan

>until America lands 400 billion men in Holland
Ywn be saved by 400 billion men so you can get pregnant

>implying that hoi4 isnt made just for kaiserreich
Paradox can eat my ass for releasing a incomplete game.

I gave Germany 4 million extra men, 4 industry and electronic techs, and a bunch of equipment. I built their infrastructure up and built full civ factories in every province. They still got steamrolled. In HoI3 Germany won more often than they lost against the Soviets, not so in HoI 4.

In my experience Germany wins around 75% of the time, it's pure RNG though

HOI3 is much better in terms of combat but HOI4s political system and chance to be ahistorical are nice. If you implanted both into one game it would be GOAT

So how will they ruin Vicky 3?

They won't make it

That they're selling to a mass/pop audience and want to appeal to them.

>Mana system
>"Women in history" DLC
>Massive penalties for fascism
>Massive penalties and no benefits for colonialism

Attached: 1482076617511.gif (237x329, 2.95M)

Pop structure is split into 3:
Soldiers, Bureaucrats, Capitalists.

I only have HOI 3, is IV worth getting.

4 is like 3 except even more shit

fuck off to pol

HoI3 was a micromanagement hell.
>want to add an artillery battalion to your existing divisions
>have to manually add them after shipping them to where the divisions are

triggered

It's really hard for a German player to beat a competent France player.

Well that's working as intended, if you bring multiplayer into the entire dynamic shifts to fuck Germany

>>"Women in history" DLC
>complaining about the era where women started to enter the political and scientific scene in force
>in a game named after QUEEN VICTORIA

this is your brain on /pol/

OOB was better

Liquor mana

They'll remove pops altogether.

t. triggered leftypoltard

let me guess, you don't even know what women in history was for eu4?

They even fixed it so you can have withdrawals without getting your whole army overrun and destroyed.

I know what it was, I'm saying that it's stupid as fuck to make that complaint about the era when it was actually true.

To be fair it'd be pretty funny if we had suffragette revolts happening through the country or they would give you some tax efficiency debuff.

oh so you don't know

It added tons of shitty events for historical women in extremely boring unhistorical ways. Every event was: giv buffs wonderful woman! or be advisor u brave woman! or no effect pls

Literally no bad events, no Maria of Portugal stuff. Half the time the HISTORICAL THING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED wasn't even an option. It is retarded pandering feminist pseudo-content.

>Half the time the HISTORICAL THING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED wasn't even an option
That just sounds like post Ck2 Paradox tbqh

how do you delete captured equipment? this shit is killing me

You lend lease it

they won´t allow you to make genocides

Not when it´s captured it seems

>when it was actually true.
In the UK and some few and less relevant countries, maybe, and hardly enough to make a sjw mod for eu4, much less wymen rights for ck2

Holy shot, this. KR actually integrated it into the game for a few weeks, didn’t really work.

Gave me such a great game though. Drove Canada out of Scotland.

What’s wrong with women in history dlcs?

>in the UK, Germany, France, and the United States

Seems like all the relevant countries for the Victorian era.

Attached: ggOGQxI.jpg (1440x900, 234K)

Ok. And?

>brainlet doesn't know history

color me surprised, do you come to Veeky Forums to troll exclusively then?

There's a mod for that

No, I’m asking what’s wrong with Anacoana being an advisor.

You’re dodging the question.

Why isn't there an option to murder her? Fucking hell I think I spent half of CK2 just killing and torturing women.

no pretty strong womyn leading insurrections must be saved

beautiful strong womyn pls advise my genocidal colonial king

edgy

I'll give you half an hour to read the options presented and then ponder on what happened historically, maybe you'll notice something is missing

I'd rather they spend dev resources fixing broken shit in the game and adding in more things you can do than putting in some literal whos to satisfy tumblr.

brainlet detected

Yes. She was executed. It’s not a similation of history. You get Ming lasting into the 18th century and france annexing half of spain.

That event apoears only if you choose the peaceful native cooperation policy anyway. Furthermore, you can disable the DLC if you’re upset there’s no ‘kill her’ option.

You’re being a whiney bitch.

>we can't have have precious womynz dying in a game because muh edgy even though she actuslly was killed IRL
kys

Attached: 1520657067222.jpg (1050x741, 142K)

>you’re tumblr if you like flavour dlcs with women

>le reddit bogeyman

>whats wrong with adding literal whos into a game that has almost nothing to do with singular historical figures in the first place
brainlet

Yes, yes you are.

Well it's probably a good thing you don't work for them then, because after EU3 their audience is basally normalfags and catering to their needs is money

Attached: johaninterview.jpg (799x449, 35K)

I feel conflicted between Darkest Hour's simplicity and HOI3's micromanagement whenever I play the games.

Trigger conditions:
Year is at least 1474.
Year is before 1503.
Owns a province in Caribbeans.
Has a Capital.png capital in Europe.
This event can only happen once in a campaign.

Oh look you're even more wrong, what a surprise. Do you get off on just being wrong over and over again? You really must be here just to troll.

Countries historically did things that didn't make sense.
>the War of the League of Cambrai
The other option is for the AI to take.

You must have a spasm at Kaiserreich, which is full of literal-who’s.

Then you’re a paranoid retard.

Literally what are you getting at?

>no kill option
>no sex slavery option
>but there's a MAKE HER EQUAL TO A MAN option
Fuck this gay shit

Fair enough. I misremembered. The point of the post is the game isn’t meant to be realistic. Do you want a holocaust simulation in hoi4?

I don't care about Kaisserreich because the HOI4 devteam isn't working on it, so no lost productivity.

>do you want a holocaust simulation in hoi4
Yes? Nigger, do you have any idea how much content that would add?
You would have to manage the distribution of resources to carrying out generalplan ost and building and guarding camps. You'd get a massive bonus to your score at the end if you managed to carry out everything correctly, but at the cost of tons of administrative headaches and a giant penalty to your score if you end up losing.
Also, historical events in the game should allow you to take the realistic option.

The point still stands. It is the most popular mod for a paradox game ever, and is designed around flavour for literal who’s.

Evidently, even if you don’t want it, others do.

You’re so obviously underage holy fuck

Do you seriously not see why such a thing is distasteful?

Sure? I don't play HoI so I don't want to comment on that game. It's not about exclusive realism, I don't want the other options to be taken away, it's about REALISTIC and HISTORICAL options not even being given. Why would my brutal colonial Spain not be given the option to do the historical thing? Why is every woman event generic and full of obvious buffs? Why no negative Maria of Portugal events? That's a pretty big deal. Why no Elisabeth of the Palatinate? She was actually noteworthy in philosophy. The entire DLC is whitewashed uninspired trash.

There's a difference between adding in singular historical actors to hearts of iron and adding them into vicky.

>Oh, here's an event with two options
>One is beneficial to me
>the other is not
>historically they took the non-beneficial option
>but since I am not actually historical Castille, I can weigh the benefits better and choose whatever I like
>the non-beneficial option is clearly there for the purposes of giving the AI a choice

literally complaining about benefits.

I guess Paradox doesn’t think that’s historical :^)

>Germany, France, and the United States
those countries didn´t have a female monarch in the early xix century
And still it isn´t worth it to make a mod about that like there aren´t other things to fix

Nigger, you're playing a videogame about a war in which millions of people died and turning it into a fun little map simulator where the deaths of thousands of troops are meaningless and you nuke cities for fun, we've already reached peak distaste.

Both of those options are beneficial you unbelievable retard, and neither are historical.

BECAUSE IT IS EXTREMELY DISTASTEFUL AND LOOKS AWFUL IF YOU HAVE GENOCIDE MECHANICS IN A STRATEGY GAME

You know what else is distasteful? A mechanic where you drop nukes and firebomb enemy civillians for fun and profit. You're a faggot, dude, just run with it, its a fucking videogame.

EU4 already has genocide mechanics. Stellaris has MULTIPLE genocide mechanics. CK2 has pseudo-genocide mechanics. What the fuck do you even play these games or are you here just to troll?