Is suicide moral?

Best argument I know against suicide is that you don't know what happens after death.

I think suicide is legitimate if you are being imprisoned for the rest of your life, I don't see any other situation to justify it, other than chronic, life-long, pain that can come from some diseases.

Attached: suicideBrainlet.jpg (300x375, 33K)

Why does one have to justify it? You could just do it for fun.

You could do it.
You can do always do something.
What I'm asking is if it's wrong to do it or not.

Why would it be wrong?

Instead of living a happy life, which wouldn't be very hard, you are causing massive emotional damage to your friends and family, in certain situations (specifically where your parents and partners love you), and you don't even know what awaits you after death (I don't believe anything at all happens but you never know).

I'm not saying it's always wrong.

Suicide is for the one whom is weak of body and soul. For the sake of your eternal soul do not take your own life.

Attached: 1518818436780.jpg (600x399, 85K)

I'm not a Christian, so fuck off.

Also, there are Christians who are pro-suicide.
Do you know any Bible quotes against it?

>Be in a torture dungeon
>Decide to kill yourself
>Christian calls you "weak of body and soul"

I do wonder why you feel living a happy life isn't very hard, as philosophy has struggled for millennia to answer that question. Looking at my personal experiences, most people I know are unhappy at best, most are borderline suicidal.

You not being a Christian does not change anything. Just because you don't believe in God does not mean he isn't looking at you right now.

Brushing all Christians into pile is ignorant, the Eastern Orthodox Church is not on the same level as the Catholics or Protestants and so forth. I wouldn't say anyone is.. "pro-suicide" because it's killing. I've gathered a few points of interest that hopefully answers your questions.

Apart from rejecting God's provision for salvation through the sacrificial death of Jesus, suicide is the worst thing an unbeliever can do. This is so because there is no second chance for salvation after one's death. In the Book of Hebrews we read: ". . . it is appointed for men to die once, and after this comes judgment" Hebrews 9:27

Suicide is sin. God forbids murder and taking one's own life is murder. It is also sin because it fails to take into account the assurances of God's grace and mercy, of the compassionate High Priesthood of our Lord Jesus, and because it believes that there is no way out, but to sin. None of these are true. Taking one's life is to disobey God, and disobedience is sin. Suicide is also sin because it causes great suffering for those we leave behind. Suicide does not serve others for their good. Exodus 20:13

There were genuine believers in the Bible who wanted to die, men like Elijah and Job, but the Scriptures that describe these men's despair and suicidal desires make it clear that they were wrong. Later events make it clear that "bailing out of life" would have been a very bad choice.

These are what I could dig up for you from here and there, I hope it explains it from a believers stand point-ish. If not I am sure there are many others that'll come here and give you the answers you seek.

Attached: Have mercy on me, a sinner.jpg (960x768, 84K)

What would you call it if not weak of body and soul if you don't endure? Brave? A hero?

An hero.

>Be in torture dungeon.
>Have courage and determination to kill yourself.
Yes, this person is brave and noble, an example to follow.

I couldn't give a fuck about the magical shit some assholes wrote 2000+ years ago.

Funny thing about all this crap? The christard in question has nothing supporting it other then the bible and the traditions of his church.

>God forbids murder and taking one's own life is murder.
>Murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought.
How can JHWH even recover?

Attached: 1444231884608.jpg (119x125, 3K)

It is wrong if you have friends and family.

It's a little more specific than that.
Your family can be okay with your death.

And if you are in a situation similar to a torture dungeon, I don't see how your family's pain is more relevant than yours.

Also, it is questionable whether the emotional reaction that your family has is subjective or not.
I don't think cultures where suicide is accepted have families reacting that way.

>morality

Attached: 1396217525634.png (441x393, 55K)

>Your family can be okay with your death.
Then you have no family.
>And if you are in a situation similar to a torture dungeon, I don't see how your family's pain is more relevant than yours.
If it is possible to escape from said torture dungeon without killing yourself then their pain is more relevant since they won't be able to get away from it.
>I don't think cultures where suicide is accepted have families reacting that way.
The samurais are long gone, the only "cultures" who truely accept suicide today are extremist sects.

">Your family can be okay with your death.
Then you have no family."
Clearly false. In fact, you admit in the end that there are families that do this.

>"escape from torture dungeon"
might not be possible, and it's just an analogy, some people have incurable, painful diseases like fibromyalgia, that can't really be cured, even with drugs. Some people actually prefer being depressed than on anti-depressants, so that should give you an idea of how effective they are.

Imagine you have a love partner.
You no longer love him.
If you stop dating him he'll get really sad.
You shouldn't be forced to be in a relationship with them.

In the same way, your family's pain is not a sufficient justification to demoralize suicide.

Suicide is the ultimate act of cowardice, and is an insult to God. Even if you don't believe in God suicide is an insult to the very concept of life.

>Hey, dude, why are you alive?
>"Because my family will get sad If I kms"
>What a beautiful, moral life indeed.
Fuck this.

Continuing to live in the face of relentless misery is the ultimate act of cowardice, and is an insult to God. Even if you don't believe in God being afraid of justified suicide is an insult to the very concept of life.

>thread about morality of suicide
>control+F
>Seneca
>0 results
Disappointing.

>life
>happy
spotted the newb.

>Best argument I know against suicide is that you don't know what happens after death.
OP, when folks are that far gone I doubt they are really thinking too hard about what's on the 'other side'.
They are probably more focused on fixing* their lives.

>I don't see any other situation to justify it, other than chronic, life-long, pain that can come from some diseases.
Feelings of emptiness?
Things like depression, boredom and just not being satisfied with life are as good a reason as any to justify killing yourself or begging some to do kill you.

Not really sure how morality works into it.
I guess it should go without saying that suicide by cop and similar things are kind of a dick move.
Don't be that sort of person.

Attached: Relax, nothing to see here.png (747x969, 400K)

>Clearly false. In fact, you admit in the end that there are families that do this.
Yes, but those families are REALLY fucking rare. If it's a normal family and they are okay with your death then they are no longer your family.
>might not be possible
And in those cases i would say it is justified, but most suicide "victims" probably could have been saved.

The guilt and sadness you get from a loved ones suicide is like a hundred times worse, it's not the same.

>Being this cucked
If you want to end your life you can just do it. It is yours. If you don't even own your life then what is the point of all of it? There is no reason to think it is somehow morally wrong to kill yourself just because someone else would be upset. That's SJW logic by which nobody is allowed to watch a movie that makes fun of fat people because fat chicks with blue hair and a bull ring piercing get upset.