YFW have scalding hot showers every day

>YFW have scalding hot showers every day.
>My skin feels like shit - dry, red, flakey, etc.
>Try having a cold shower.
>Can only stomach like two seconds before bitching out.

How the FUCK do you stomach cold showers? Its like the final boss that I just can't beat.

Turn the knob so it's in between hot and cold

You don't have to have the water running all the time you know. Just get yourself a bit wet, lather up or whatever, and rinse. Done.

Funny, cold showers got easier after I started doing Cardio. Seriously, nothing feels better than a cold shower after a long run.

I just recently started taking cold showers. Honestly you have to just take the plunge. Focus your breathing. If your showerhead moves tilt it to the side while you're lathering up or washing/conditioning your hair. I've gotten to the point I can relax my shoulders and just deal with it. My skin has been doing so much better (I have keratosis pliaris) and it puts my ass to sleep after I work out. (I workout at night)

Cold shower is fine after the initial hit of cold water touching your skin. Then it's normal

>start off with kinda hot
>turn down a bit to warm
>turn down to lukewarm
>turn down to cool
>turn down to cold
You don't just put it on cold and go in dry like that, right?

What you described is called a Scottish shower. And yes some people
Go in cold. I think it's better, just rip the damn band aid off basically.

Start with lukewarm and work your way down

I don't get this either, as soon as I get in a cold shower it's fucking impossible to breathe I don't know if I'm being memes.

Do you take off all your clothes too when you're a bit hot OP?

No, I feel exactly the same.
My lungs freeze up and it's like my windpipe has shrunk or something, I just can't breathe until I'm used to the temperature

>he fell for the cold shower meme

Count to three. Deadset.

this.

If I take a hot shower after intense training I fill like I want to puke after 5 sec.

ease into it faggot. and stop making posts about it on Veeky Forums.

This. I start shaking and breathing hard as fuck then I pussy out and turn the heat back up.

There exist temperatures between scalding hot and freezing cold you know right?

I have long hot showers until i can't stand them anymore and then i blast the cold water for a good minute at least. after a couple of sessions, it becomes habit.

> not doing a james bond shower

start off warm enough to be comfortable
slowly make water colder and colder
by the time you're finished the water should be all cold. no hot.

but its not. people have died from the shock of going from hot temperatures to cold that suddenly

>don't be a fucking pussy
>????
>profit

do neither and just have lukewarm showers. happy medium, balanced lifestyle. kys

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your dive reflexes.

Take deep breaths, it makes cold showers very invigourating and allows you to stomach the cold better.

You can circumvent this by starting on a hotter temperature. Here, you start taking deep breaths at a very regular pace.

Maintain this breathing pattern while you gradually turn down the heat.

>being too stupid to take a shower
Jesus Christ OP why don't you just kill yourself.

I don't really believe in all the benefits of cold showers but I always take one in the morning and it makes me wide awake. Placebo or not it works for me.

i start chimping out to psych me up for the cold stream. it works.

start with a medium shower and slowly turn the temp down.

if you want to start taking cold showers step in, and then just turn it on so you don't have time to think about it. Focus on controlling your breathing and then everything will be easier. Just remember it's cold water, it's not going to kill you.