How do I quit video games and social media?

How do I quit video games and social media?

Uninstall all your vydia and delet your Facebook. Not too hard user.

Don't. I never used either, and i'm miserable.
Probably either going to off myself or go on a shooting spree.
And i can't just start using it now. Its too late for me.

Have someone change your Facebook password. Find a job and gf that consumes so much of your time you either stop playing them or play seldom.

It's never to late. You're just telling yourself to not try out of fear of failure. Dont be afraid and go for what you want. Failure and succes are part of life, no need to fear it.

Hey user, I have also struggled with addiction to vidya.

In my experience, my problem was that I severely lacked discipline. Instead of going from one extreme to another, try to work on yourself by balancing your life/vidya.

This way you'll still get to enjoy vidya, and youll actually grow as person rather than fixing the problem by just shoving it under the rug. Thats what worked for me atleast!

Nah it is too late. The only way to make friends is through existing friends. And you get a gf by making friends. And this is done through social media nowdays.
I could make an empty profile, but without people who already know me, going to parties, events, clubs with them its just going to be me with my empty profile.
The only reason i started lifting is so i could post a shirtless picture on a dating app and maybe get laid by that.
But then after trying for a year i realized you need steroids to look good.
And besides all the girls on /soc/ are saying a shirtless pic decreases your chances anyway so what's the point.
As for vidya, single player games are fun to play through, but expensive, and to have fun on multiplayer games, you need friends.
People on these multiplayer games are toxic and shit on you if you do anything wrong, so making friends through games is also pretty much impossible.
If you're not a normie since the beginning, its over. Once you hit your mid and late 20s, its too late.
OP, don't do it. You don't appreciate what you have. Don't lose it.

Get a job

The truth is that 98% of people that "quit" vidya don't really do anything better with the time.. they usually replace it with more tv or movie watchin or Veeky Forums or facebook or whatever..

The human mind needs a break every once in a while.. you cant push yourself 24/7 and expect results, it's just like weightlifting with rest days except its more like rest hours.

Obviously you shouldn't binge 12 strait hours of gaming but a couple hours a day will be more beneficial.

Again humans need some form of "time waste" and its up to you to decide the most fun form.

Why quit video games? I started learning fighting games with some friends and it's been a rewarding experience. It's hard as fuck and forces you to practice memorization, reflexes, and decision making under pressure. Is it because in general people don't respect something you enjoy? Fuck 'em. I still have other hobbies that are more respected, but only because those feel enriching to me as well.

Can say the same, still enjoy vidya while playing 5/6 hours a week at most and there is enough time left for many other things

>A list of excuses
You not gonna make it in anything

For quitting vidya, this worked for me: Whenever you play a game for a while, delete your save file. After you get used to this your brain realizes it can only ever play the first part of the game and it'll never get any new content because you can't make progress.

If you can't find it in you to delete your save file, do it right before you go to sleep, since then you're not going to play the game for the next couple hours anyway so it's easier.

How many hours do you have clocked overall on games? A few thousand? Several? What do you have to show for it? Have you gained worthwhile relationships from people met online? Have you broadened your emotional capacity through story? Or has it been a complete time waste?

Now consider what your forefathers accomplished by the time they were your age. What they would have accomplished in the time you choose to squander away. And know that for every minute you play a game you're simply adding to it, unless you learn to manage what you play, how, and when or quit.

Social Media is in a similar vain. How has it helped you in the end? Are there many meaningful relationships to be had from it? Is there anyone on there that has held you up in trying times or guided you in a good direction? Could you depend on anyone to have your back and seek you out instead of you always seeking them?

If not, then why do you frequent it? Because you're lonely? Why are you lonely when you have so many friends?

This works too.

>The only way to make friends is through existing friends. And you get a gf by making friends. And this is done through social media nowdays.
Thats just not true i made most of my friends through my job and my mma club and i met my gf my talking to a stranger who was standing outside a library now that stranger has been my gf for 1.5 years

You're asking for some miracle words or some secret to it but fuck you there isn't.
You must simply stop playing video games and stop going on social media, delete the bookmarks, delete your games, buy some books find a hobbie you fuck

My best friends in the world were made through an anime mod of Ragnarok when i joined a 6man guild i knew absolutely no one in

it's been seven years now, all of us got careers and girlfriends/wifes but we still get together once or twice a week to play somenthing and have fun. One of them is marrying this November and we are all flying to the wedding as Best mans
Stop making excuses to wallow in your on mediocrity and self pity

Just don't look like nigga just close your eyes

I'm the user you replied to.

I've never met any gf through social media so idk where you get that from, girls even generally like it that I'm not on social media.

I also moved twice to a completely new city where I didn't know anyone. Just go out solo man and party with strangers, soon they won't be strangers anymore.

This.

I made this for no gaming community

I just kinda lost interest in Vidya when I went to college and got serious about lifting. Every time I went to play I felt like I was wasting time and should be doing something else. I sold my consoles about a year and a half ago and never looked back.

Play Pokemon go instead

There seem to be two sides of people who make these memes, ones who got the humor of the original and those who do not (i.e. whoever made OP's).
The virgin/chad sit one is an example of how the humor is supposed to be. All of the things that are listed that the 'virgin' does, 'chad' does literally the exact opposite. to the point where it's humorous:
Virgin: tries to stay perfectly still to not bother people, Chad: Vibrates constantly to annoy people.
Virgin: Wears jeans exclusively to fit in, Chad: Doesn't wear pants

inb4 cringe for trying to dissect a meme. I'm just tired of seeing unfunny shit made by people who don't seem to get it

wow it's almost like some people on this site have autism and can't express themselves in a way that is easily understood

really makes you think

social media I get but why quit a legitimate hobby you enjoy? Seems weird to do that when it does no harm to you as long as you're not autistic and become addicted.

Break your computer

social media should be easy, look at the fucking state of it. You know as well as I do the state of the common facebook and twitter users, not to mention IG and snapchat, kik, etc.

Just pull that bandaid off faggot, I did and I am much happier because of it, sure for about 2 weeks people kept on asking me "why did you block me on Facebook D:" which was annoying, but after that it is like an eternal burden has been lifted from me.

You better be quick before Facebook or the government decides to archive / download your account and all it's info forever. It's probably too late for that anyway...

As for games, just limit your time to an hour or 2 a day, it shouldn't be that big of an issue. If you have to abstain entirely then you're just as much as a faggot that spends 8 hours a day on call of duty. Enjoy yourself. Apart of getting fir and healthy is learning moderation.

it's really no that hard, if you feel you really need to waste valuable megabytes on 4chans servers making this gay thread then you probably aren't ready to quit. My prediction is that you'll be back playing Vidya compulsively and reading what all of the retards on Facebook have to say within a couple of days.

Grow up I guess?

people on fb are spending a lot of unnecessary effort on making their life LOOK amazing, when in fact they are probably as miserable as you except they are spending hours a day trying to make it seem otherwise.

I hope you find something to make you happy, isn't fitness helping?

>How do I quit video games and social media?
>On a nepalese transex social media forum

nice

Veeky Forums isn't social media, at least not typical, you know what he means faggot stop trying to be funny.