Is this true?

"Those who traveled to Mexico with Cortes were part of the conquistadors. They were Spanish men who had no family or career and, therefore, no reason to return to Spain alive; they only cared about returning rich. This made them vicious fighters as they had nothing to lose and without any wives and children of their own, they had no empathy with the families they were killing.

They were very cruel and greedy. They came in search of fame and gold and were prepared to do anything to get it. They tricked, stole, killed, raped and even burnt down entire villages.

The world could be a barbaric place in the 16th century; however, their morality was questioned even in their time.

The Spanish were Christians. These particular Christians had no respect for anyone who didn’t follow Jesus. They laughed at the gods that other cultures worshiped and believed that those people could not possibly have souls. This meant that they had no moral issues with destroying them."

Attached: Spanish-Conquest-1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

Anti Christian shit

Yep it's true. Just look at Pisarro, the guy couldn't even read, he might as well have been a savage.

yeah, the conquistadors were mostly mercs and priests

cortes was an absolute savage, but the natives he cucked to their graves were sacrificing humans by the thousand

>go back to spain
Never happened, no one would ever want to leave new world for Spain.

Conquistadors had palaces equals to kings, with cities grander than anywhere as well as ubiversities.

What the fuck are they going to return to Spain with?
Their livlihoods were based in the new world food goods, currency of exchange fir new world services snd labor trading food turned into liquid.

My ancestors were conquistadors ask me anything

Attached: Screenshot_2018-02-27-19-03-40.png (720x1280, 495K)

You have to go back

Were there criminals that opted to go to the New World instead of going to prison?

>My ancestors were conquistadors ask me anything
millions of latin americans can say the same. you're not a special snowflake

i don't know, never heard anyone but the English doing that

Columbuses crew was full of criminals. Explains why they chimped out in the Caribbean.

Yes this is true, but the Aztec conquest would not have been possible without the help of opposing faction between the mesoamericans tribes.

Yes, I don't have a difficult time believing that.
Men with nothing to lose and everything to gain are extremely dangerous.

Where did Cortes land in Mexico?

iir Veracruz

They wouldnt return to Spain because they first tried to get rich in Cuba/Hispaniola and then joined the first few expeditions to Mexico in search of other lands and riches.

Cortes literally died in Spain pal

Conquistadors were only a tad better then jihadis

They were mostly criminals who had the choice to die as cannon fodder in the New World or be executed.

>/r9k/, the army
They won, so they were right, but other native tribes were involved, but everybody ignores it.
That's the templar and teuton order.

Spaniards in general were absolute niggers of the 16th century, not only in Americas. Their tercios burned and killed all over Europe, their sacking of Rome in 1527 was particularly brutal regardless of it being a center of the Catholic world.

Thank God their empire eventually went to shit, imagine living in a world dominated by Spain.

Black Legend had already been established as Anglo propaganda.

Better than now

Yeah just look at Latin America

>sacking of Rome in 1527
Mostly lanskenets

Imagine being this butthurt.

>They were Spanish men who had no family or career
The Conquistadors come from all over Habsburg-ruled Europe