Why are Brits so prone to irrelevant theaters?

Why are Brits so prone to fighting on some irrelevant secondary theater in major wars?

>Seven Years War
>Main theater = Central Europe (Prussia vs Austria, Russia and France)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of frogs who barely care in North America

>Napoleonic Wars
>Main theater = Central/Eastern Europe (France vs Austria, Russia and Prussia)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of frogs who barely care in Spain

>WW2
>Main theater = Eastern Europe (Germany vs Russia)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of krauts who barely care in North Africa

When you think about it, WW1 is the only major war in which they fought on the main theater

Attached: br.png (390x586, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_(book)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are you asking what is obviously a /int/ thread? This isn’t history, just a thinly disguised brit hate thread.

*blockades you*

Easy, let others do the heavy fighting while you get all the credit for it years later.

Oh yeah, forgot to point out that part
They have the fucking guts to claim they were the main winner in each of the wars listed in the OP
And unironically

>Be bong commander
>Watch as thousands of men die in pointless bloodshed for little gain
>Don't want to waste your boys as such
>Look for alternatives
>You have a massive fuck off fleet that can move troops anywhere and deny enemies the same privilege
>Parts of the enemy's territories are not defended and are resource rich, being vital to the main war effort
>Attack a weaker area of an enemy to deny them resources and weaken their strategic position
>Knock lesser enemies out the war denying main enemy the secondary powers men and fighting capabilities
>Even so, you send your best troops to go fight in the main slaughter house with the rest of your allies on the main front even though they are more effective elsewhere due to your smaller population, army, and the professional grade of your soldiers
>Whats more once these lesser theaters are won you start transporting shit tons of troops to the main war effort for that final push with your boys
>It works and once again you and you bong squad win due to clever strategy rather than autistic grandiose battles of annihilation where thousands of men die pointlessly
>X years later nazis, homosexuals, and school shooters on a henti bamboo whittling site state that you never fight on the main front and are retarded for doing so
The absolute state of teenagers

Attached: Anglos_Never_Shit_Post_Alone.jpg (2469x1530, 795K)

Because the British Army has been shit at its job for most of its existence.

>waaaaah!!! you're criticizing brits!!!!
time to leave

Take your cancer literally anywhere else

Why do the heavy lifting when you can get someone else to do it for you then sweep in and reap the rewards whilst simultaneously re-writing history?

Attached: gXzHP5q.png (247x401, 8K)

the brits deserve it

overrated

good anglo

anglo propaganda is good

>invade useless colonies and fight over a bunch of sand
>call it a glorious and decisive victory and rationalize yourself as having done most of the work in your propaganda volumes after the fact

this is true

good man

butthurt anglo

Anglo perfidy is a scourge

take your whig-history loving ass to a fucking dentist you stinking, world-raping anglo shit
no one gets their history from dr who here, sorry to burst your chip-grease bubble

>blockades are irrelevant

Asshurt much? I’m not even Anglo I just want the /int/ children off this board

>the guy who made these posts calling anyone else asshurt

Attached: 0fbezxr.jpg (411x372, 81K)

>>invade useless colonies and fight over a bunch of sand
All European nations scrambled for this useless shit. It's just that England came out on top

>irrelevant theaters
user, do you mean the rest of the world, not just the France or the countries she borders?

Britain was a major power and victor in all of those wars

Attached: 50b4883d4c6c5bb0d5943ad33a0e942c02f027ebfcd8c3f0af2d286877eb8e79.jpg (762x785, 179K)

>gets butthurt
>gets told to shut the fuck up
>acusses of butthurt
you are 100% anglo.
get kilt

All of British military history is struggling in minor battles and refusinh to fight major ones without another major power holding their hand.

Colonization is not the point of the thread, it is the wars fought between European powers, most Europeans didn't devote their military effort to fighting in irrelevant shitholes during major wars then claim that as a glorious victory

Most of the world is an irrelevant shithole compared to France and the countries she borders

France is a shithole
T. Anglo and proud

Attached: 1521267162246.jpg (1024x783, 274K)

Cause I don't give a shit, we're the fucking best and everyone knows it. We're like the Nazi jew conspiracy but actually real.

t. french crypto colony

>French crypto colony that repeatedly ruins France

Attached: 1520201622829.jpg (355x417, 54K)

The idea France made Britain is as ridiculous as saying Ethiopians made Europe.
Embarrassingly the attitude mainly seems to come from francboos who won't attribute any of the USAs success to it's Britsih origins.

Jist like America repeatedly ruined Britain
The never ending circle

France made England, England made Britain

serious question, why do you think France is relevant historically?

>France made England
They literally didn't though.
It would be truer to say that Germany made England.
Heck, It would be truer to say that Germany made France.

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png (480x480, 101K)

Fucking hell
I left this thread for a few minutes and the discussion has now shifted to France for no fucking reason

Why are bongs so damn obsessed with this country?

Attached: 1409221465339.jpg (394x386, 49K)

They didn't have to be that good, with a great navy in place.

Because they tried to take credit, again. Annoying.

>implying England as we know it wasn't birthed in 1066

Because it's rightful clay you fucking retard

How?
I'm pretty sure sure it's this butthurt bongistani who started talking about France out of the blue

It wasn’t even attacking France, just stating theaters outside of there were relevant. Why are continentals so sensitive? Why are you so obsessed with the UK?

Yeah, why would anybody talk about obsessed continentals in an obsessed continental thread?

>Theaters stated as relevant in the OP are Central and Eastern Europe
>Buttdevasted bong has to make it about France for some reason

Attached: 1495498685418.jpg (540x459, 66K)

Le frog is the source of all problems

Attached: 1519670205477.jpg (750x420, 42K)

>French invade and set up a kingdom which is the vassal of the kingdom of France
>They speak French among the nobility
>They import French customs
>They use Englishpeople as disposal peons in their internal French civil war
>A ruling elite is established which is still to this day disproportionately wealthy in England (people with Norman names are more wealthy than those with Anglo-Saxon names)
>1,000 years later the Anglos try to tout themselves as not being a French crypto colony
really makes you think

France is the center of Western civilization

>libya
>togo
>cameroon
>namibia
>vital to their war effort
really makes me think

Whatever helps you sleep at night pierre

Attached: 1520087253021.png (650x646, 28K)

>Germans conquer France
>Germans conquer England
>New batch of Germans invade the Germans living in France and name it France after themselves (the Franks)
>Germanic raiders start settling in North England
>Germanic raiders start settling in North France
>In both cases they are subordinated by the pre-existing kingdoms
>New batch of Germanic raiders succeed in conquering/winning over England
>Newer batch of Germanic raiders fails to conquer England
>Days later the old "French" Germanic raiders with far more men and provisions than the exhausted Germanics living in England invade and win a narrow victory
Behold Frances greatest defeat over England.

>A ruling elite is established which is still to this day disproportionately wealthy in England (people with Norman names are more wealthy than those with Anglo-Saxon names)
I'm literally one of them, care to ask me how French I feel?

Not counting the American revolution where the world helped, has France ever beaten the UK in a war?

>"Some of the English nobles typically spoke French 500-1000 years ago"
Pierre said, in English, void of irony, trying to explain his cheese-brained theory that France made Britain.

>France is the center of Western civilization
And your center is your unwashed unused penis, that

Attached: Elizabeth_I_(Armada_Portrait).jpg (1248x1000, 597K)

My name is of Norman origin, and I’m not fucking French, and haven’t been for a thousand years.

Why does this site hate the English so much?

Literally jealousy and contrarianism. Brits are more popular on some boards than others. Brits used to be really liked until around a year ago. Things will come back around, though. Mods even admitted it’s basically 5 posters.

buttblasted anglo you can't escape your ancestry

Because most western educators are elevated for adhering to Whig history and often know nothing other than it
It less a hate of anglos as such and more the horrendous atmosphere in which they domineer public discourse in the name of furthering their own interests

>and I’m not fucking French, and haven’t been for a thousand years.
Most of your ancestors were Saxons viewed in much the same way that Vrginian planters saw negros lol

And they went on to colonise half the world. Is that supposed to upset me?

>historical story attempt
So therefor France was founded by the Franks, you draw a parallel of this to England, and yet England wasn't founded by the French... hmm... really makes me think

>I'm literally one of them, care to ask me how French I feel?
How you feel doesn't matter, you'r ethnically French

>Wars
French invasion of Normandy (1202–1204), Anglo-French War (1213–1214), Saintonge War, Hundred Year's War, War of the League of Cambrai, Italian War of 1551–59, Anglo-French War (1627–1629), War of Austrian Succession, First Coalition, Second Coalition, Third Coalition, Fourth Coalition, Fifth Coalition.

>Pierre said, in English, void of irony, trying to explain his cheese-brained theory that France made Britain.
English is just French with a German grammar at this point

>And your center is your unwashed unused penis, that
Hmm, I don't think Anglos should be ones to be attempting to attack their opponent on claims of physical deficits ;)

>How you feel doesn't matter, you'r ethnically French
Absurd basis of nationality. What is an American?

Fun fact: the German (Deutsch) people was birthed in the 9th century, after the fall of the Frankish Empire

What you ignorantly call "Germans" are in fact "Germanics" (a totally different concept despite the similar English words)

We have always had a small army and big navy. Hence the focus on distant theatres to play to our stremgths while the navy slowly strangle the enemy theough blockade while we finance our continental allies to do the heavy lifting.

>Be British
>Finance everyone else to tear themselves apart
>use huge navy to strangle enemy safely with minimum losses
>reap the rewards

Feels good man.

Attached: try and stop us.jpg (500x300, 121K)

>How you feel doesn't matter, you'r ethnically French
ahaha

I asked for a time the France beat the UK in a war, you list a bunch of wars fought between france and Norman England (which you think was a colony of France) and was a country with 1/4 the manpower. You then list wars before formation of the UK.
You then list a war France didn't win
You then list 5 coalitions in a war that Britain decisively won
???

>Hmm, I don't think Anglos should be ones to be attempting to attack their opponent on claims of physical deficits ;)
Earlier I was ethnically french? You've yet to say why france is historically relevant.

Even at my most embarrassing I was never so arrogant and so wrong at the same time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_(book)

Attached: tfw.png (602x491, 114K)

What's the easiest way to kill your enemy, facing him in open combat directly or sneaking up behind him and cutting his tendons first? Britain, always a ruthless pragmatist at heart, always went for the second approach when possible.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_(book)

Are you fucking retarded?
Germania is about the Germanics (Germanisch in German), not about the Germans (Deutsch in German)

As the utter retard you are, you get fooled by the similiarity between these two words in English language
The German (Deutsch) people is one Germanic (Germanish) people among many others, that was birthed in the 9th century
Just like Poles are one Slavic people among many others
"Slavic" and "Polish" aren't synonymous, just like "Germanic" and "German" aren't synonymous

As a matter of fact, Germans (Deutsch) were called "Almains" in English language until it suddently switched to "German" in the 17th century
If one day English language suddenly called Poles "Slavians", would that make all Slavic people Polish just because the two words would be similar in English language?

He's right tho
'Germanic' (the one your link refers to) and 'German' don't have the same meaning

Germans are just one Germanic people, neither the oldest nor the purest
Danes and Dutch are the purest Germanic people (pic related)

Attached: Germanic_Europe.gif (800x545, 66K)

Why get into a serious conflict on land if you can just choke out your enemy with a vastly superior navy and a bunch of money?

>if you can just wait for Russia to beat your enemy

Fixed

He's not right, he's full of shit.
Let's go back to what he originally said
>Fun fact: the German (Deutsch) people was birthed in the 9th century, after the fall of the Frankish Empire
How do you birth a people?
>What you ignorantly call "Germans" are in fact "Germanics" (a totally different concept despite the similar English words)
They're not totally different concepts are they? They're actually an enormous overlap. We could go as far as to say that all things German are Germanic
>ass blasted faggot moves the goal posts instead of conceding he's wrong.
One was "a totally different concept", now one is a subset of the other. But even if I meant what you, in you thought I meant, how were the Germans birthed in the 9th century?
>As the utter retard you are, you get fooled by the similiarity between these two words in English language
No I haven't and I'd bet your anger comes from your poor grasp of English. You exaggerate the distinction because the words are different in German.
>If one day English language suddenly called Poles "Slavians", would that make all Slavic people Polish just because the two words would be similar in English
No but that's different, Poland isn't the root of the slavic identity and all "slavians" would still be slavic
'Germanic' (the one your link refers to) and 'German' don't have the same meaning
Never said they were the same thing.

>Seven Years War
>Main theater = Central Europe (Prussia vs Austria, Russia and France)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of frogs who barely care in North America
you missed out india, also the fact that the british did have a contingent in central europe, a contingent that served well, being largely responsible for the victory at minden among other things.

>Napoleonic Wars
>Main theater = Central/Eastern Europe (France vs Austria, Russia and Prussia)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of frogs who barely care in Spain
largely outnumbered for the entire campaign 200k french were stationed in spain at any one time, so hardly small, the war in spain was a constant drain of blood and gold from france.

>WW2
>Main theater = Eastern Europe (Germany vs Russia)
>Brits focus entirely on some secondary theater against a small bunch of krauts who barely care in North Africa
and when that fight was won invaded italy and france. also that fight was primarily about securing lines of communication that were threatened.

but the real answer to your question is GEOGRAPHY, to get to those 'main theaters' the british would need to invade a hostile shore, land and supply a army and then march across the territory of their principal opponent, a difficult feat in ww2 - one neither the US or britain could pull off alone- but damn near impossible given the logistics available in the 18th and early 19th centuries, amphibious invasions on the scale that would be needed were not really viable. Hence the british finding a theater where they could strike more readily and then doing so...

also you missed out the spanish succession, but then again with a friendly shore available the british did fight in the primary theaters

Attached: Karte_Schlacht_bei_Minden_1759.png (3879x2710, 1.85M)

>Main theater = Central Europe
You do realize the battle of Blenheim was in central europe, and Marlboroughs victory ended any French hopes of winning the war?

Attached: 9781841767710B2_5a.jpg (450x309, 76K)

It's called strategy you fools. Nothing clever about fighting fair

Attached: yrnt9TL.jpg (2048x1960, 607K)

Why not seize their colonies and take naval bases it makes you stronger

/int/ niggers will never leave, user. It's hopeless

The bong navy always sucked, anywhere besides propaganda.

How'd that work out in Singapore, lad?

>you missed out india
Irrelevant af
It was mostly Brits vs local Indians
It's only considered part of the SYW solmehow because the French lent some Indian tribe 50 troops in one battle

>also the fact that the british did have a contingent in central europe, a contingent that served well, being largely responsible for the victory at minden among other things.
Yeah, a small ass contigent that won some irrelevant victory

>largely outnumbered for the entire campaign 200k french were stationed in spain at any one time, so hardly small, the war in spain was a constant drain of blood and gold from france.
You're putting it as if all these troops were against Brits
The British route in the Peninsular War was only from Northern Portugal to the Pyrenees (and it took them 6 years lmao), pic related
Meanwhile, the 200k French were dispatched all over Spain
Most of them were fightong revolts in Central and Southern Spain, and never ended up on Wellington's short path (you'll notice that he outnumbered his enemy in 90% of his battles)

>and when that fight was won invaded italy and france.
More like when, daddy America was there to protect their ass (finding some time to do so despite single-handedly fighting the Japanese Empire), Brits finally fought enough ball to come back to continental Europe

Attached: wewuz.jpg (850x651, 138K)

>responding to every post in the thread
Why do retards do this? It kills the fucking thread response system, and no one is interested your retarded one-word opinions.

Attached: 120.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)