Have there ever been any societies in history that were multicultural/multiethnic but everybody had roughly the same...

have there ever been any societies in history that were multicultural/multiethnic but everybody had roughly the same equality, opportunities, etc?

pic unrelated

Attached: commieblock.jpg (960x490, 616K)

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure in Ancient Rome, all who were legal citizens were given equal treatment, be it Greek or Hebrew (barring the Plebian/Patrician system).

pic is related though, women and minorities had it pretty damn good under gommunism

Singapore

Manchuria in 1900

Mongol Empire

Noone but party leaders had it "good" under communism

they had it equally shit then, you know what i meant

The USA

In theory, plenty. In practice, it's impossible because people come in too many varieties for no one to have any intrinsic advantages.

>Mongol Empire
not really a society

i know for a fact that people aren't equal in singapore and that the chinese have better opportunities because my tour guide went above and beyond to point that out to me

The Inca Empire basically assimilated conquered people by taking the children of the elites and educating them in the Inca capital. Once they did that, they sent them back as the new local elite, loyal subjects to rule in the name of the Inca, but with a degree of autonomy in some matters.

They successfully integrated many conquered peoples this way, which then became indistinguishable in status from the core quechua people.

Attached: inca-empire-tawantinsuyu-new.png (517x590, 8K)

The Achaemenid Persian empire.

>women and minorities had it pretty damn good under gommunism
>they had it equally shit then, you know what i meant
phew..

Soviet Union had pretty even opportunities for all ethnicities desu famalam

China under Mao went to extreme lengths to secure equal opportunities for men and women, without dragging men down to lift up women.

shame basically everything else went wrong

This is correct. In the Soviet Union there were greater oppertunities for advancement regardless of sex or ethnicity than in other nations of the same era.

Having said that, Russians did actively try to supplant other cultures with their own homogenous "soviet" culture.

>i am fucking retarded
look at the op, 'pretty good' obvioulsy referred to the equality

>minorities had it pretty damn good
True, fuck communism. We should've exterminated the gypsies instead of trying to integrate them.

Egypt

Well maybe on a legal level, but in reality women were expected to now be workers in adition to their usual role in the household

yeah that sucks. but they could get a career.

what about austro-hungarian empire?

Old Empires. China, Rome, Persia, Habsburgs. Basically any empire where loyalty to the dynasty/ruling power mattered more than whatever background you have.

Disclaimer: colonial """"empires"""""" don't count where racial/nationalist autism leads to efforts to protect the core from the periphery exist.

Attached: Emperor Taizong.png (250x441, 119K)

Some Fatimids tried but it didn't laat long