What would've happened if in the 18th century instead of Prussia...

What would've happened if in the 18th century instead of Prussia, Poland becomes the third dominant power in Central Europe? Would it be a better timeline?

Attached: Great_Chorąży_of_the_Polish_Crown.jpg (1550x2325, 983K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Bloc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How would that happen in the first place?

Habsburgs beat the Prussians in the succession war and Poles somehow come up with a working constitution.

Russia would've had more land.

Eastern Europe wouldn't be the shithole it is today.

Hmmm, don't know rnough about history to tell how tbat might work out
But desu the idea of a fat and strong HRE next to a fat and strong PLC gets me hard

>le benevolent Poles meme
Ever wonder why Belarusians, Lithuanians, and Ukrainians all hate Poles?

>Belorusians hate Poles
And where this meme come from?
And Ukrainians and Lithuanians hate Poles because they know they are inferior and have no culture.

>Poles are superio-

Attached: RfukvDL.jpg (2256x1535, 520K)

Ukraina
>no country with no nation and Somalian economy
Lithuania
>world capital ofsuicade
>everyone pack and leave
>depoluation of scale of 30years war
Compared to Ukrainians and "Lithuanians".
Yes they are.

The PLC was more liberal than anything that followed.

Poland:
Meme country, at the mercy of its neighbors
Borders are made up
Claim to be central European because the USSR gave it German land
Its poorest parts used to be its richest parts before the Soviets took their even poorer parts and gave them much richer and more developed German land
History is nothing but being conquered

How to spot Kraut lover in 5 seconds.

>history is nothing but being conqured

At the end of the day the same stands for the whole region including Germany. So no butthurt nationalism pls.

>implying I don't support the genocide of all G*rmans

Well.
Then we agree on something.
Poles get what they deserved(even more than that) but hopefully they will learn from it.
Krauts definitly do not get what they deserve and its total anhilation of every one Kraut.

Congratulations, you're both equally autistic!

Thanks user.
Your mother love you.

>I f-fuck your mom!
Impressive.

?
user I think you have something wrong with reading comprehesion or your brain.
Kids this days.

>Thread about Poland derails into anti-German thread
Always, literally always. Can Poles only identify themselves through the hate for other nations?

Probably my brain then. Whatever.
You can't complain about hatred of Germans if you then start hating on Poles (and not just the guy who made these statements)

>You can't complain about hatred of Germans if you then start hating on Poles
I'm not hating, I'm literally asking this question. Why do Polish threads always involve hate towards other nations. I see British, French, German, Russian threads and they don't always derail into multiple calls for extermination of another ethnicity. Polish thread do 99% of the time.

What would've happened if Austria helps the PLC to fight Prusia and Rusia?

Would probably depend on how far Russia and Prussia would go to get their piece of Poland and on how France would act (they might use such a conflict to crush the Habsburgs)

That is because of people buthurt over existence of Poles and ofcourse famous Polish buthurt.
Thing is what was first?

Prussia would switch for anyone who give them more gibs.
Russia may not even intervene at this point then.

Prussian for a long time was Poland vassal state. They ever had a chance at one point to get annexed by the polish kingdom, but the polish king decide that prussian lands consisting mostly out of marsh aren't worth it. We see how in the end up.
If Poland annex Prussia when he had a chance, germans would be a lot more weaker.

France would intervine on the prussian side
Remeber, at this point in time the french foreign policy was"I'M ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT HABSBURGS

I think you need to read a bit about Brandenburg...

Attached: іва.jpg (1054x1417, 341K)

Is that pic ironic?

>Kievan Rus
>Get's MONGOL'd
>Ruthenian duke sells his lands to Poland, before the rest is conquered by Mongols
>Mongol lands are conwured by Lithuanians
>Fast forward to XVII century
>At this point Ukraine belongs to the Commonwealth, and Ruthenian nobility is fully polonised
>Ukraine is populated by Cossaks - crazy rednecks who descend from Polish/Russian runaway bandits
>Poland forms a "register" of Cossaks - a list of them who are taken to fight against Ottomans and get money from it
>Because Poland had lately peaceful relations with Ottomans, and because nobles didn't like king having powerful army, Cossack register must be reduced
>Cossacks are mad, because they won't get money
>In 1648 they rebel, led by Bohdan Kmielnitsky, who leads the rebellion, because he's mad he got cucked by a Polish noble
>Rebellion is succesfull at start, Cossacks even reach Zamosc
>After defeat at Berestechko in 1651, Cossacks sign a truce
>In 1654, Khmielnitsky gets a wonderful idea
>Let's ask tsar of Russia for help, what bad could happen
>Russians take part of Polish Ukraine, supressing Cossaks even more than Poles
>Fast forward to 1768
>Russian agents provoke another Cossack uprising in the dying Commonwealth, Koliyivshchyna
>Cossacks take the bait, go around slaughtering civilians (not the last time in history), eventually get btfo by Poles and Russians
>Fast forward to 1918
>At this point Ukrainians and Poles live under German and Austrian occupation
>Austrians support the birth of Ukrainian nationalism, wanting easy rule over equal numbers of Poles and Ukrainians
>But this is 1918, countries get their independence
>Poles and Ukrainians fight for Lviv, a city with Polish majority
>Ukrainian elite Sich riflemen get defeated by Polish underage students
>But then Bolsheviks arrive
>Ukrainians under Petlura side with Poles against communist threat
>After Polish-Bolshevik war tho, Ukraine loses independence
tbc

Attached: 1468785176364.jpg (1121x1590, 412K)

>Ukrainians in interwar Poland don't have it that bad, but they love to complain
>Meanwhile in Soviet Russia, Ukrainians can't complain
>Not because they're fine tho, their either dead from Holodomor, killed by Cheka/NKVD, or alive, but not allowed to talk
>1939 happens
>Polish Ukrainians, thinking how horrible was inability to learn Ukrainian at school, welcome Soviets as liberators
>1941 happens
>After learning that Soviets are not so great authorities, Polish Ukrainians welcome Nazi Germans as liberators
>At first Germans don't give a shit what Ukrainians think, but soon, they find in them a good material for cannon fodder
>They support Ukrainian partisans against hostile Poles
>In 1943 Ukrainian organisations OUN and UPA organise the ethnic cleansing of Vohlynia region
>Ukrainians rape, drown, burn alive, quarter, behead tens of thousands Polish women and children
>Polish resistance answers
>There is an all-out war between Polish and Ukrainian partisans
>Eternal kraut laughs in the distance
>But then the Soviets arrived
>They destroy everyone - Nazi Germans, Polish partisans and Ukrainian partisans
>After Yalta negotians, all of Polish Vohlynia gets in Soviet hands
>Soviets don't want to deal with Ukrainian genocidal autism, so together with communist Poles, they deport thousands Ukrainans to western Polish lands, former German, and Polonise them during so called "Action Vistula"
>Ukrainians love to cry about it to this day
>1991 happens
>Gorbachev loves Ukrainians so much grants them independence and gives them a present in form of Crimea peninsula

>pole calling anyone else cultureless

The Veto gets revoked.

that's a little bit too outlandish to consider desu

>imagine somebody less cultured than Poles
Yep Ukrainians, Lithuanians and Krauts.

>Krauts
lmao, being this delusional

Have Slavs and other negroes ever been dominant?

t. Kraut

I wish Augustus conquered Livonia and made himself hereditary Monarch.

I think then Poland would have a chance at becoming a power that will survive into the 19th century, but those fucking swede cunts cucked him and ruined everything

Attached: SetWidth1680-Lange-1694-August-der-Starke-August-the-strong-Sachsen-Saxony.jpg (1680x1050, 405K)

you must have an IQ of at least 150.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Bloc

napoleonic wars
ww2

If Prussia was crushed in 7 year war and Russia get some good ruler instead of that fag and his whore wife.
Then PLC would probably have high chance to keep teritorial integrity and even do a reforms.

hmm maybe but if russia crushed prussia, then what's stopping them from gobbing up poland on their own?

Whole partition of Poland was a Prussian plot.
Russia would keep Poland as vassalised buffor state as Peter the Great did.

i guess then the worst thing that happened for both Poland and Russia was the death of Peter II, the true heir of Peter the Great.

I wonder how it all would've went down if he didn't suddenly die out of nowhere.

Attached: Peter_II_after_Ludden,_German_school_(priv.coll).jpg (615x792, 151K)

>suddenly die out of nowhere
Doubt.

But yeah it was really bad luck for both of them.

Thing is, Prussia was crushed. It was game over and then the Miracle of the House of Brandenburg happened. Frederick's Prussia was a glass cannon.

Also worth noting that the Prussian partitions fucked the PLC harder than the Russian or Austrian losses. Losing access to Gdansk and having the Prussians debase their currency was beginning of the end for them.

Actually Poles could just shed most of the Grand Duchy and Ukrianian lands and be fine.
But losing danzing and control of Vistula trade and Posen with ethnic Poles really was bad.

No Miracle of House brnaderburg and situation would be different.

Exactly.

Losing Kiev and Vilnius and Minsk was regrettable. Losing Krakow and Lwow hurt. But losing Gdansk? That was crippling.

>the Miracle of the House of Brandenburg happened
what;s the miracle? i mean other than the cuck peter iii coming to the throne and letting the prussians off, what other times has this miracle happened?

The one where Western Allies turn against Stalin.

On the topic of Swedes. Right before they invaded in the Deluge, there was some opposition to the war. The noblemen Johan Adler Salvius and Herman Fleming in particular proposed instead that Sweden should join Poland to fight off Russia, which, with hindsight, would have been the better choice in the long run.
If this idea had been a little more popular we might have seen a timeline where Sweden and Poland share the baltic sea and work against their mutual enemies (Sweden too had their issues with Brandenburg/Prussia).
There would still be the issue of Livonia, which was in Swedish hands but was agreed to be returned to Poland after a certain date, which Sweden didn't like and wanted to renegotiate. And of course that the Polish king had a claim to the Swedish throne. I don't know enough about John II Casimir at this moment to say if he would have traded these claims in exchange for Swedish help in the war, though.

bump

>Its poorest parts used to be its richest parts before the Soviets took their even poorer parts and gave them much richer and more developed German land

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?