Mike Duncan

>Hello and welcome to the history of Soy

Attached: p51wi50sa8vz.jpg (806x719, 74K)

Thanks for the contribution

Attached: 09A30344-D599-471B-9FD7-38D3BAC180F9.png (329x313, 96K)

fuck you, revolutions is fucking awesome

>THE SOY BEFORE THE SOY

At least Mike Duncan has done something original instead of just shitposting memes that someone else thought of on a Taiwanese origami board.

ep*c

>being original for the sake of originality is good even if it's something fucking stupid

who?

Is this the true face of soy? Seriously though, what is wrong with this guy

>Carefully details and explains the political context of the fall of the Roman Republic
>Engages in Drumpf screeching on twitter and everywhere else

I know knowledgeable people are never the same as "smart", but that's when i learned that he and people like him just condensed analysis and understanding someone else had created.

Show me proof he can translate latin at a credible level for me to regard him as an actual scholar of roman history

Smart people dislike Dumpf for a reason, and it isn't soy.

>he insulted out god-president I hate him now!

fuck off, unlike most of your internet personalities he actually does his research.

Smart people dislike him but actually understand why he's the president and why he's just a sign of a complex political and social crisis.

Not just muh racism and sexism, but who are the "optimates" and the "populares" in America.

He thinks Caligula and Nero were evil though

It's just 4 years. I never understood why Americans care so much. Presidents/Prime Ministers usually accomplish nothing in their years in office

Which one had the monkeys rape the lolis?

Truly a man of Patrician tastes

8 years

Smart people dislike democracy in general.

brainlets are easily brainwashed and let their political affiliation define their lives

It's a mixture of all of the above really

that and they tend to build on one another

>the storm before the storm
What kind of retarded title is this?

What are his scholastic credentials? no one has answered me. afaik he ran a pod cast and thats it? is that all it takes to be seen as a legitimate authority on something in america?

>soyboy bugman chudcuck etc
I'm really annoyed by this maymay, but especially the soy phytoestrogen connection on Veeky Forums, because it can be argued that human civilization hunkered down in order to ferment and produce beer which is chock full of phytoestrogens itself.

I don’t really see what the problem is. From what I can tell his political biases aren’t really reflected in his work. I really like his podcasts. This is all coming from a registered republican.

His podcasts are indeed good for beginners but when people use them as a source there's a problem.

Americans treat presidents like they're kings

He has a BA in history I think? Idk though.

>The Storm Before The Tempest After The Hurricane: The End of the Beginning of the End of the Roman Empire

Attached: 1456261766920.png (446x456, 262K)

Anybody else find the latest part of Revolutions to be a chore? I think he jumps around too much and there isn't as much as a coherent narrative as there were in the earlier sections.

It's literally pop narrative history and it was never intended to be anything else and it's really enjoyable, for something more serious but still for the general public you could listen to The Fall of Rome, the guy actually did a PhD on the subject.

feels like he just wanted to talk about the big 3 revolutions (English, US, and French)

>The Storm Before the Storm After The Deluge Between the Tyohoon and the Hurricane Adjacent to the Gale: The Prologue to the Beginning of the Middle of the End of the Early Roman Republic

Duncan was born in Redmond, Washington and attended Western Washington University, attaining a degree in Political Science with a minor in Philosophy.

In the 8 years Obama was in office, California went from voting no gay marriage to basically a completely bat shit "progressive" government where you can be fined for misgendering people.

California had a bunch of gay and hippie districts since the 70s. correlation != causation

They never utterly dominated the mostly rural and red state though.

The reason Roman Civilization collapsed is that it was led by white males and wasn't led by people who never had a civilization in the first place.

Yikes.

I'm sure he'll be more invested by the time he covers the Russian revolution.

I just hope he takes Reed with some serious grains of salt, that guy was really biased.

>people like him just condensed analysis and understanding someone else had created
It's not like he ever claimed or suggested it was otherwise.

Yeah but i figured he had to have done SOME thinking about everything he read

Also he came off as a massive fanboy for the founding fathers but then he has nothing to say about fundamental rights in the US? Or the people concerned about them?

What a piece of shit title.

guy clearly read too much SoIaF

it's social-media/silicon valley.

that and a drought which is exposing how stupid california's water-pricing policy is (basically subsidizing water-wasting alfalfa agriculture).

Seriously California is a shithole of a thousand petty special interests.

From old-NIMBY-land/home-owners who are against having property taxes work like they do in almost every other state. To anti-gunners, to fucking Alfalfa-Farmers, to fucking SJW's to fucking "muh city character"-types who prevent development, to real-estate-developers who fuck city councils by building high-rise-condos only chinese and speculators buy, etc. It's fucking retarded, and the entire state (all of it) deserves to sink into the ocean.

It's a big ass state only state just as populous is Texas and the regions go from cold ass mountains to hot ass deserts. Not to mention Hollywood and Silicon valley, so you're going to get a lot of different interests.

> The Butterfly Before the Soft Breeze before the Tempest Before the Storm: The Beginning of the Beginning of the End of the Beginning of the Roman Republic: The Story of the Etruscans

A bad one.

I bet the book is good and I know this guy is knowledgeable, but it truly is anawful title.

'The Gathering Storm' isn't original, but that is the only, trivial respect in which it might be considered inferior to 'The Storm Before the Storm'.

Other options include:
The Men who would be King
The Eleventh Hour
Why the Die was Cast
Faultlines
The Road to the Rubicon
Before the Rubicon
The Apocalypse: A work in Progress.
The First Fall of Rome
The Cesspit of Romulus.

Fucking anything but 'The Storm Before the Storm'. That's not even proper english. You don't reference one thing as the thing before the same type of thing. You don't go to the class before the class. It would be 'the first storm', 'the first of two storms', 'the earlier storm', anything but this.

>beardlets now mocking people with beards to compensate for their low testosterone

It's not like history is some kind of arcane art you need 10 years of Uni to grasp. Any background any kind of research that isn't based on experimentation would suffice if the interest ist there. And yes, in America you just need to be successful at what you do and everyone will think of you as some kind of genius. They don't like edumucation over there.

Damn I've got to listen to The History of Rome again

Oh hey I like that guy's MMA podcast.