/fat/ why isn't the scale going down edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/GU0Zn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Confess

>room mate made huge delicious batch of cheesy pasta and golden brown biscuits
>not gonna eat it because not being 250 pounds and depressed is more important
>weird mix of emotions that include sadness over no cheesy pasta and biscuits and happiness over having enough control to choose whats more important and knowing that one day i can eat cheesy pasta and biscuits in moderation while loving how I look

Someone red pill me on water fasting.

I'm not googling this shit cause its going to 100% clickbait fatass shit.

waste of time meme

just eat in moderation and count calories

I ate 2 fatass chocolate bars after 2 weeks of keto and I feel like a piece of shit who's never gonna make it

Should I just kill myself? I thought I'd look better at 170, but it seems like I'm destined to be skinnyfat unless I weigh the same as a little asian boy.

Are you lifting or not? Seriously, if not, start. If you are, increase your weights until your last rep is borderline failure. Get on PPL.

It's a poor way to lose weight because you're not developing good, sustainable habits. Besides the fact that you're depriving yourself nutritionally and setting yourself up for a huge binge after the starvation, you're completely missing the point that losing weight is a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet to make you lose a few pounds before inevitably going back to your old eating habits and gaining everything back.

I was 270 January, been dieting at a huge deficit. I do cardio and some machine work, but I don't have a free weight routine yet.

Can you recommend one?

Alternate daily fasting is consistently and successfully used to treat diabetics and obesity.

Anyone who tells you it's a meme is lying.

Thanks my dude, only reply that actually helped tbqh.

I'm the guy who posted this Would fasting on days I don't lift be a good idea? So something like lift lift, fast, lift lift, fast

He just said get on PPL (push pull legs), google it

Losing weight is only half the battle. You'll lose the fat but the overall shape of your body isn't going to change unless you shape your body through developing your muscles. Look like a pear at 270; you'll just be a smaller pear at 170 without muscle.

Look up fasted HGH

Some people train in the fasted state, but I don't know how advisable that is.

day 13 of water fast

was pretty easy desu, got some slight nausea/head rush if i got up too fast but otherwise no real issues.

Vitamins taken - Biotin, multivitamin/vitamin d/ electrolyte tablet (sodium/magnesium/calcium/potassium)/fish oil

Starting weight - 262lb
Current weight - 236.5lb
Goal weight - 170-180lb

You lost almost 30 pounds in 13 days?

>got some slight nausea

Do you ever get nausea just from being hungry? I try water fasting but I get so nauseous to the point where I actually vomit even though there's nothing in my stomach.

I wrote this poem, what do you guys think?

Baking pies, pies so sweet. Warm flaky crust par baked and ready for stuffing. Stuffing meticulously crafted. Without the stuffing the pie is empty. It is a sad pie. It would please no one to eat it. And so I fill this pie with stuffing. It's sweet gooey innards stuffed to the brim. It is a happy pie now. I lay the sheet of dough over the top, the pie needs to bake.

Waiting. Baking. Patience is a virtue, tick tock tick tock. Clock says pie is done. Warm smell like a wonderland I could never hope to know. It has opened the door and invited me in. I would be rude not to accept its invitation. In I go, in I go. Pie is delicious, so yummy. Cravings satisfied for now.

Though the pie isn't happy anymore. Crushed and bloated in a sea of stomach bile. An innocence defiled. I go to walk a mile because the pie is fattening.

I am alone.

Anyone ever fast on dnp and survive?

I'd say it would be extremely difficult to avoid food on dnp, if not impossible.

Yeah, altho 4-5 pounds of that is probably water weight.

Consistently lost 1.5-2 pounds during first 10 days of the fast.

Has slowed down to around a pound per day, although apparently that happens during day 11-14 for some reason, hoping it speeds back up, I miss food...

Not from hunger, but i have a job that keeps me on my feet and i have to get on the floor then stand up constantly, which definitely gives me some nausea on my empty stomach.

I think it’s great that you pursue your artistic interests.

damn, I always ask in these threads if anyone has a similar experience so I could learn what to do to avoid getting nausea during fasting but nobody ever does.

I think I might need to try pink salt or something.

One fish oil pill has 3 kcal
Dismissed

I'm a fat fuck but I absolutely hate sweets. Pies, cakes, chocolate, anything you'd have for dessert that's sweet. Pastries, whatever, sweet shit just grosses me out.

I got fat off of meat and fat. I don't know how people can like sweets so much.

Have you been lifting during the water fasts or no?

IIRC you can be at

Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium

This is my ideal body for a woman, what do you think her ideal man is?

These looked so interesting I had to pick them up. I'm either gonna split the into two portions or eat some and throw the rest out.

Dude, bad idea. Don't give in to the simple carbs.

Hope you like kidney stones, mang.

And death.

God just being in this thread makes me uncomfortable. At least other boards/threads give me the illusion of normal human beans behind the posts, but this one is just full of obese fatasses rubbing their fucking sausage fingers over greasy keyboards.
You all make me sick

do bodyfat measuremets.
or atleast body circuference measurements of different bodyparts

Why not throw the whole thing out

Anyone else get watery shits after 20-24 hours of not eating?
Happens every time for me.

I'm aware it's a bad idea, but eating something not great for you is manageable if done sparingly and you are aware of it. It's almost 5 pm and I still have 350cal for dinner later tonight.

I haven't had any chips in months, and I don't plan to in the near future. But I appreciate the advice.

That said, perhaps not shockingly they weren't very good. I ate some and threw the rest out, and I doubt I'll be so interested in something like this in the future.

There are a bunch of losers and trolls in here.
Some actually do lose weight and change their habits and how they view food. It makes me feel good I've lost most of the weight and keep it off it, while some of these people won't ever do that and continue being weak faggots in these threads forever.

Its kind of crazy how many posts are about binges and despair.

I'm down 30kg since starting and I feel better than basically I ever have before.

To be fair, what kind of a massive loser comes into a thread where people are trying to make a lifestyle change for their health.

implicitly, it speaks volumes for how pathetic your miserable life must be.

I just imagine some DYEL homonculus typing away on his keyboard in his mothers basement.

It is and it feels like it's only getting worse. There are more people posting on binging than sharing their success and the milestones they've made. I can't even imagine how it's going to be all winter with Christmas coming closer and Thanksgiving over here next month.

Good on you actually losing a good deal of weight. I've lost 165 lbs or close to 75kg, I think. It's an odd thought I used to most likely been much heavier than most of these people. It definitely does feel good to be at a healthy weight and have a normal relationship with food.

Six weeks today since I started calories in < calories out.
Exactly 10kg (22lbs) down, from 122 to 112.
Probably still have about 10kg to go before I can start ramping up my running, but so far I’m walking briskly for 60-90 minutes a day.

That's true. I guess now that I'm making it and I feel like I don't need these thread for support, I don't post about the good things.

So here's one : I started today with a two hour walk at 7am before breakfast, then after lunch I went to the gym to lift for 45min and I threw in about 20min of HIIT cardio because why the fuck not.

I actually enjoy working out. I can feel myself getting stronger. It's so much easier to move my body. I'm not afraid to bend down anymore. I used to be so heavy it was a pain in the ass to bend down to pick shit up, and that wasn't a warning sign to me that I was in a dangerous place.

For whatever it's worth, I'm also

As may be obvious, I'm a huge proponent of moderation. I feel like that's the piece I was missing and is why the fad diets my sister convinced me to try always fail. I know how to eat now, so shitty food no longer feels dangerous because I kniw if I eat it rarely and in small quantities I can enjoy it safely.

I went from 158kg to 115kg started in february, don't post often because my Internet currently does not work and posting on my phone is AIDS, currently I am preparing healthy meals for the entire week. Didn't binge once not everyone in here is a piece of shit

I should really start lowering that fat huh

I went for a jog today guys

Tomorrow in the morning I'm going for a jog at the beach I hope I can one day say that I made it

:')

Does keto work and should I do it?

After my first week of cutting I had a cheat day, ate only yummy foods and sugar and soda.

Is doing this once a week bad for progress, I've heard it's not that bad, all other days I eat 2/3 my dee and no sugar or soda and alot of salad

I hate weekends.
Nothing to do, no ambition, no discipline and full of boredom.
All I can do is eat, and while I don't gorge in lots and lots of food, a part of me wishes to, another part takes some comfort in that I could do far worse then what I currently eat.

Fatty sister that leaves half-eaten bags of chips and chocolate bars all over the place takes its toll. I hate throwing food, but even though she eats a lot, she almost never finishes anything. I don't get it..

You will lose weight on it if you eat under TDEE, but it isn't necessary and it isn't magic.

Are you fuckin' joking?

Go for walk. Read a book. Make an effort. Throw out the half eaten shit if your sister won't eat it.

Will I lose more with it?

I'm no expert, but I don't think you will lose significantly more. If you want to try it give it a shot. I did it for a while, I didn't notice any major difference.

coincidently the one reply saying it's a good idea too

if you want to do it, just do it
when you're actually ready to start losing weight, we'll be here

The last few pounds are the hardest guys

I started at 320 lbs at 6'5" and I'm down to 215 but I'm still around 14% body fat and even eating 1800 calories a day isn't giving me visible results. I'm thinking about going lower, but I worry about losing more of the muscle mass I accrued from being a college D-lineman for a few years. How do the normies do it? Fasting?

Still feeling some soreness in my legs from my work out 2 (two) days ago and wondering if I should work out today or not. Would do chest, abs and biceps.

Different muscle groups, you will be fine. Give your legs some time to rest though, I usually need at least 2 days of rest for my legs if I go heavy for them to recover

What did you have for breakfast today everyone?

an egg and a banana

Egg on toast, an apple and some grapes

A handful of activated almonds.

rate my progress

This thing isn't that precise, right?
This is what four months of lifting without adjusting diet give you, I got stronger but thge calc assumes I'm losing lean mass.
I don't remember what starting neck size was so I've put the same in the beginning as it's now though.

Mirin nose gains

natty?

Bowl of yoghurt naturel

Went for a 10k walk instead of having lunch.
The hunger I feel before and after a long walk is very different. When I get back, it’s much more manageable. It’s still there, but in a way that makes me feel sharper instead of being light-headed.

I love that burn in my stomach after abs work out

Eggs, Cheese, Broccoli and a few Cucumbers.

You looked best in '15, further down you went too far IMO and into the emciated/old look

>breakfast
I had green tea with ginger

Shit like this really demotivates me. All that effort to look like an acid attack victim.

depends on your starting weight and how much fat you got. That must have been fucking enormous, I'd say he was over 400lbs because of the fucking huge tits and that stomach.

You can avoid most of the loose skin by losing weight 30-40lbs at a time. After losing that, give your body some time to rest and adjust while maintaining the weight. Then 30-40lbs again. Rest and adjust. This of course takes longer amount of time because you can lose weight 6-8 months a year, not full year.

Also working out at gym and building muscle to fill that skin prevents loose skin

Guy in pic havent trained at all and did everything wrong

I hope you're rite. That is a nightmare to finally be thin and then look like that. I hear water and certain vegetables help with preventing loose skin.

Can front squats completely replace back squats in my leg routine or should both be done. Should i be able to front squat more or less/the same amount of wait as my back squat?

I dont know anything about that but if you lose weight about that 40lbs at a time then you've the chances not to have too much loose skin. What is/was your starting weight and did you have huge (hanging) belly and moobs? are you working out to build muscle?

imgur.com/a/GU0Zn

It's from the top post on /r/keto. He apparently was 500lbs.

Agree, from experience

If you have incredibly strong willpower and a normal schedule it can work

This is why I never advocate keto and other memes for other fatsos. Not only do you fail to gradually build a healthy relationship with food over the course of your weight loss, but if you're a big boi and lose it super fast THIS SHIT HAPPENS. Just be patient, lift, learn some everyday restraint and self control instead of relying on crash diets and memes.

You can't avoid loose skin dumbass

It's actually really bad, especially only 1 week into a cut. Many people will tell you an occasional cheat day is ok, but it really all depends on how often you have them and how you define them.

Personally, I would not suggest having one for a while if you're just getting started. You should learn to control your urges an the first 2-4 weeks of cutting are by the hardest, things really become much easier once your body becomes acclimated to your new diet and eating habits. Throwing in cheat days during those first few weeks will not help your body adjust.

Also, I would suggest defining a cheat day as eating at (or slightly below) maintenance. For example, my TDEE is about 2,100 right now. So to lose roughly 1lb a week I try to limit myself to 1,600 calories. But if I decide "fuck it" and feel like going overboard I'll eat up to around 2,100 every once in a while. Sure, it sucks that I know I'm not making progress those days, but at least I'm not shooting myself in the foot and working backwards, gaining extra weight.

>tfw sick
>one of the main symptoms is muscle fatigue
a glass of water feels like a 20 lbs weight

At least the doctor said i'll burn a lot if i do plain house work until i recover

Ate over 100g of carbohydrates yesterday. I also ate a single Reeces Penut Butter Cup on Wednesday.

Only lost 1.5 lbs this week =(

Having a big glass of great red wine and loving this Saturday afternoon. It really is so much more enjoyable to have some quality alchol in reasonable doses once or twice a week than having to drink half a bottle of cheap shit vodka every night

Thoughts? 5 6, 120 pounds.
Am I going to make it? Been on a diet since 180.

>6'
>218 lbs
>47 inch waist
Curious to see what that looks like

Looking good man. At this point it's just keeping it off and you're golden.

Sultana bran and a banana with semi skimmed milk.

You’te making it

Had gyros with chicken yesterday.

This argument is under the assumption that the person will resort to bad habits after he is done with his fast plan. It's not always the case- it's the case most of the time, I'll give you that, and I certainly would tell/teach someone how to go down a healthier, more sustainable route. But you cannot deny that it does exactly what the user intends- to lose the pounds.

>lost some weight, clothes starts looking better and feeling better
>suddenly i remember that my "clothes" are basically tents to normal people

mixed feels desu

>Not feeling hungry

Should I fast for the weekends, then?

Just had a couple of eggs with chipotle chili powder and garlic powder. 140 calories and 12 grams of protein. What was your breakfast like?

2 boiled eggs and some vegs
about 350kcal

After that I went for 45 minutes walk. Really nice morning it was

i did it /fat/.... i made it to my first weight goal of getting down to the max weight requirement for the marines. went to meps, passed the weight section, now i'm just waiting on a waiver for my eyes.

now to get another 20lbs and get my ass in gear for bootcamp. thanks for all your help guys

Do. Not. Do. This.

You need to get your body to adjust to your new diet. This is a lifestyle change. The sooner you do that, the less you will crave that shit.

Once you stop craving shitty food, weightloss is all down hill from there.

Does a smoker have a cheat day and lights up at the end of the week to reward himself for not smoking for a week?