What do normies do in the gym?

What do normies do in the gym?

This is a serious question. Many of my friends go to the gym, but they never get strong nor seem to want that. What kind of exercises do they do? Why do they even go?

preacher curls
flat bench
tricep pushdowns but they lean so far forward it becomes entirely delts and lats
leg press

those exercises are all pretty legit if you do them properly + with enough weight.

Usually just fuck around. Honestly, every second or third person who comes into my gym is doing retarded, insane or amusing stuff on the equipment.
I have a laugh literally every time I go to the gym, it's like a literal circus.

curls, flat bench and leg press are terrible for aesthetics and pushdowns are very technical

They go to the gym to "go to the gym".

They sit around a machine for 30 minutes after doing a "set" of bench

>bro you don't spend that much tome in the gym
>sees normies do one set of flat bench in 45 min

Every time

You forgot to add "without enough weight" at the end of each point.
These are are viable exercises if do e with enough weight and effort.

>go in groups literally sit around and talk for hours
>do not increase w8 on each sets
>takes too much selfie
>use social media
>use a spotter whos lifting half the weight for them

ah it's the "bench press does nothing" meme again

Same shit you do if they arent stupid, probably in lesser amounts or less time if they have a social life. Most normalfags either lift erry day without too much logic, do a brosplit, do a strength routine, do 1 or 2 basic compounds and play basketball/do cardio the rest of the time, or they randomly show up with a group and do whatever they feel like.

They ‘exercise’, i.e. do physical activitiy for the effect it produces THAT DAY.

You ‘train’, i.e. do physical activity with a long term goal in mind.

95%+ of normies just exercise. That’s why there are so few gyms and so many “”””””””””””””””””””gyms””””””””””””””””””””.

cardio for 30 mins and fuck around on the machines followed by a 300 calorie shake

fact.

this picture is very comfy

flat bench does little for aesthetics, yes. calling something a meme doesn't suddenly make it false

Know a guy that checks his phone for 30m then does triceps extensions as slow as possible with 5lbs dumbbells.

>*liberal

They do 15 mins cardio, 45 mins lifting low weights and don't change their eating habits.

/thread

So what to do to improve on flat bench? Cable flys?

milke monke

Shitty workout designed by gym instructor, most importantly what weights more on normies case is the lack of knowledge about lifting. Anything that resembles gymbro culture is what those people think is gym is limited to.

>What do normies do in the gym?
Avoid getting fat.
Not everyone cares enough to get strong.

Roughly one billion sets of less-than-bodyweight legpress
Especially grills

I go to the gym at 4am so I don't have to bother with normies.
>no I won't spot you
>I have as many sets as I want left
>no you can't work in
>don't talk to me and think we are friends because we go to the same gym

>not letting people work in
>apperently you own the equipment you are using, even inbetween sets

I'll share some of the normies in my gym
The bad ass middle aged guy
>is in his late 40s
>knows literally everyone in the gym
>goes to the gym 7 times a week
>day A chest day, day B biceps day
>he does like 20 sets of incline dumbbell press + flyes for chest and curls for biceps. He has never worked other muscles apart from chest and arms
>his form is fucking shit
>still looks jacked as fuck at 10% bf

The permabulking retards
>Group of 3 permabulkers + their skelly friend
>they do like 50 abs exercises every time they're in the gym
>have never done a free weight exercise in their lives(apart from benching) , it's all machines and meme exercises baby
>always loud and obnoxious
>supersetting everything
>can't even bench their bodyweights

The friendly grandpa
>friends with everyone in the gym, including with the gym autist(me)
>works out together with his wife
>doesn't do anything inherently wrong, he's actually a good guy that knows his shit
>congratulates you on your PRs
>compliments your physique

"All the machines"

m'sheens

I'd be glad to avoid you too.

When I was younger I used to do exactly this. I would just go from machine to machine and just do what felt right. I used to go like six days a week and rarely increase weight. I looked pretty good for teenage girls though.

Now I only do bodyweight stuff because I am moving soon but browsing fit really makes me want to get on to actual lifting. Eating more and a bodyweight routine already made me more fit than my prime all that time ago.

Still don't look like I lift when I have my shirt on but normies are impressed if they look closely

> be me
> go to gym with friend for first time
> claims he put on 20 pounds this summer from lifting
> he proceeds to do 1 plank for a minute 2 sets of leg press, and 2 sets of seated ohp

Never gonna make it