/plg/ - powerlifting general

Useful links:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tZIonSOwhM3iM0gTYVXuUAw/htmlview

Comfy listening:
youtu.be/yrotsEzgEpg

Other urls found in this thread:

50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/6-8-pullups)
rippedbody.com/how-to-bulk/
liftinggear-shop.co.uk/lifting-sling-round-sling/lifting-slings/lifting-sling-1-ton.html
liftinggear-shop.co.uk/chain-slings-parts/shackles/bow-shackles-with-safety-bolt.html
youtu.be/EkA1kgScglg
researchgate.net/profile/Brad_Schoenfeld/publication/319263841_Strength_and_hypertrophy_adaptations_between_low-_versus_high-load_resistance_training_A_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis/links/59a005f645851508f105a32b/Strength-and-hypertrophy-adaptations-between-low-versus-high-load-resistance-training-A-systematic-review-and-meta-analysis.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do SS

RTS

How much actual muscle and strength can a man in my situation expect to put gain in a year, as an estimate.

175lbs, 6'0. GZCL Upper Lower Split, 4x/week. Planning on bulking for a whole year.

This week's fatigued AMRAPs:
Front Squat: 255lbs x 7
Bench: 200lbs x 7
OHP: 130lbs x 7

About 3.50

A couple years of slapdash SS and Texas Method (he fell for the Ripp meme) under my belt btw. I was 135lbs when I started.

maybe like 20lbs

4 kilo a year is a common estimation for how much muscle someone can build in a year natty

Do «Greg Nuckols 28 free programs»

wrong pic guy

/blog noone will read
First day of Candito LP today. I did:
Bench 3x6
Chinups (day 4 from here 50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/6-8-pullups)
OHP 3 sets @ RPE 8-9 superset with Yates rows same weight same RPE
Dips 2xF superset with curls 2xF
Did I do too much? Too little? Pls respond

I’m the dude that said 3.50, but that was uncalled for. I can’t anwe your question , but this is a good resource that probably will:

rippedbody.com/how-to-bulk/

>50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/6-8-pullups)
cant believe this guy jacked my pullup program

I don't strong today. Should I just not go to the gym?

You'd have died alone and everyone would have forgotten you within a couple generations either way user

what does this feel like

well at least it means its legit

Salty milk and coins

Made some Oreo cake lads. I felt stuffed just from licking the filling off the freaking spatula. Good God.

Gonna try cramming in some tricep work before I'm off to eat pizza and cake with friends.

Top taste lad.

The best thing about Mark Rippetoe is not necessarily the structure of starting strength.

Mark Rippetoe is the no-nonsense stern father figure that faggots around here never had.

You can tell that 90% of the whiners around here were raised by their mothers. Always making excuses like a bunch of snowflakes.

225kg 2x2 squat (comp best is 227.5kg)
145kg 2x2 bench with commands (did 145kg last comp)

Who here /gains/ :)

Why do you think anyone cares?

Today I did 257.5kg 2x2 squats and 147.5kg 2x2 bench (paused)

Why am I so weak plg?

My lifts have regressed due to losing 6kg through not eating and training much recently

Todays training is
Close grip bench 150kg 4x1
Press from straps 1inch above chest 110kg 5x5
Dips BW(107)+20kg
Strict rows 75kg 2x20
Dirty 30s triceps 1x30

Only positive is i dont look so fat

Pls b 120+

I've been on plg as long as there has been a plg.

People here care about my progress because they know me. Because I've shared my life and lifting.

So yes :)

Thiccccccc

You're a genetic dead end. Comes for us all.

no, nobody cares. The nicest boy in the world (Joe) doesn't even like you, obviously there is something toxic about you.

why did you clame yesterday that you werent huge

This was 120, was fucking awful

>obviously there is something toxic about you
He's been an active Veeky Forums user for more than a decade

Cause im not, im always one of the least muscular at comps, even 2 weight classes below me carry more muscle

Jesus you're so small. You should eat more. Jesus fuck you're fucking tiny. Try taking steroids you hungry skeleton fuck.

Fuck you're small

You look like a 12 year old girl with anorexia and bulimia

for being 120kg you are p small tho

I weigh 107??

i think clarence is even bigger than u and hes 5'10 and ur like 6'3 or some shit

Im failing to see at what point i said i was big, all i said was im less fat, ive always said im too small for my height (6'2)

Clarence is a gifted athlete who probably has double the training time i do

Isley is bigger than you lmao

u were telling me yesterday i wasnt huge for being 80kg at 6'2 but you are huge at 107kg??? yeah sure i look skinny but you too

When i told you you werent huge my entire point was im a lot heavier and still look small

Yeah i know i keep telling him

Islee is like 45% bf tho

Asked before but which do you guys prefer and why , Pause or Anderson/Pin/Bottom Up squats?

Need to do it twice a week after main squat work and not sure which to pick, don't really want to do one of each because I feel that it spreads you too thin.

i like paused

i did try pin squats but the bar hitting the pins threw my form off. With bottom up squats it was hard to get the bar placement right. But thats me try and see what works better for you

cant tell if nipples are small or chest is big

5p nips

Youre meant to control onto the pins and bottom up squats are so much easier to get into position with a safety bar. I stopped using pins i bought a couple of tow straps rated to 1000kg and hang it over the top of the rack, they cost about £15 ill try and find a link

I'm wondering just how good bottom up squats are, idk if it's one of those things that are memed when I'd just be better off doing more pause squats or more squat volume.

Seems great though and I'd imagine it's very good to make my squats faster too and lets me use a large load without taking a huge toll.

G-bro I got intense erector and ab-doms from front squats yesterday. Is there anything I can do? Already massaging my back with tennis balls every half hour

liftinggear-shop.co.uk/lifting-sling-round-sling/lifting-slings/lifting-sling-1-ton.html

You can choose how long they are but i think i got 2m ones, £2.25 each

liftinggear-shop.co.uk/chain-slings-parts/shackles/bow-shackles-with-safety-bolt.html
Youll need a couple of them too to lock each end of the strap together

Something seems off, do you have a small ribcage or are your arms disporportionally big?

No I'm fucking not

>liftinggear-shop.co.uk/lifting-sling-round-sling/lifting-slings/lifting-sling-1-ton.html
can you drop weights unto these from parallel

Doing multiple singles with bottom up is great for breaking inertia, even with a generous pause the stretch reflex is still there, moving a static bar suspended on pins/straps takes a lot more and the lack of proper negative reduces fatigue accumulation
youtu.be/EkA1kgScglg

Its doms youll have to suck it up

See the video in my post above, i drop good mornings into them hard, youd break the rack long before the straps show any sign of ripping, theyre rated to 1000kg, you can get 3000kg if youre worried

>I'm fucking not
I can't tell if you're fucking another chink or a cross dresser

how it feels knowing that polack that is taller, same weight, lifts 4x shorter gonna outsquat you

You?

yes, I can grind out 220 now. Going 250 till may. And I didnt even juice (yet)

It's the lighting and the smears on the mirror I reckon, makes the pic look shopped or something.
Garagebro is a pretty big guy
>4 u
in person. Much bigger than Isley.

That would prove his point even further, no?

It looks strange cause most of it is water i was really bloated trying to fill out the 125 class
I was seriously uncomfortable that day

>I can grind out 220 now.
>Going 250 till may.

Don't count your eggs til they've hatched m8

Hahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Yeah good luck.

There's something fucky going on too tho, looks a bit like a fairground mirror effect or something.

Quads definitely grow

yakubb is trenning hard quads are definitely grow till may he gonna outsquat plg

I could hop on juice on febuary, switching nitro on

Jesus christ you got thicc, what are your
lifts nowadays?

Pls no, stay safe

You look like a twig id get some mass naturally if i were you

No idea i dont do the powerlifts until comp time, none on the horizon

I want to be big and strong, I can still find jeans I can fit my quads in at casual shop

I need to outgrow casual shops

It feels fine because I've seen bryce and Virtus and talentlex do it

You haven't done it yet anyway

It's because he's a lying rat weasel who loses bets all The time because he has a low IQ

>i dont do the powerlifts until comp time
What kind of programming is that? Sounds quite westside-y

With all respect, no one cares about you

>You haven't done it yet anyway
Just like you haven't done it yet (that is, honour your bet, rat)

Good to see you're finally making gains :')

Projection

Nice blog

okay dino

I dwarf everyone standing next to, its that my class is end of 120kg class or 120kg+

squeezing some Norman khan out into the toilet

As I was typing my last sentence 4-5 turd balls splashed into the toilet quite quickly

Now I do detect a smelly odour but i don't think I'd classify it as a STINKY smelly odour, at least not yet

Also after the initial turd balls I honestly
Feel like there's no more Norman khan that needs to be disposed of at this point

Might just sit here for another min or two and see if any pajeet appears but if not I'll start wiping any residual khan matter off of me with toilet paper then hop into the shower

The 93 guy looks bigger than you

And i dont know why youre posting me as comparison i keep saying im not that muscular so comparing us just proves you look small

hes wilks is almost 500, its obvious that hes a lot bigger than me kek

>so comparing us just proves you look small
kek

maybe you should actually do some volume. not just 1 or 2 sets.

You're way too fat to be roiding I'm concerned for your health
That's like roiding 101 do NOT roid when you're fat, the side effects must be hilarious (you'll say you don't notice any which even if true there are still tons you don't notice)

For your health I recommend cutting from your ~20% bw down to 10% before sticking another needle up your butthole

I vary rep schemes

2x20 3x15 4x12 5x10 6x8

Its always around the 50 rep mark per bodypart though triceps is 70-80 and ill probaby up the volume for upper back, but the main work is 8 sets on dynamic day

what % of intensity?

sounds like you doing that shit below 70%

So? If the weight on the bar keeps increasing why would i put more undue stress on my joints when its working

Didnt science prove that work below 70% isnt optimal?

What are your lifts/stats big guy

How many scientist have world records would be my response to that

But on a serious note the max effort work is above 90% and the secondary movement on max effort day is above 80%

I cant say ive maxed out on assistance work to know what % im using to be fair

ohh kk

220/130/220

>220/130/220
Wtf how are you so cocky with such mediocre lifts

>Veeky Forums
>being humble

im here literally to spaz out

The worst thing about powerlifting is arrogance

The arrogant lifters tend to disappear

>Didnt science prove that work below 70% isnt optimal?
researchgate.net/profile/Brad_Schoenfeld/publication/319263841_Strength_and_hypertrophy_adaptations_between_low-_versus_high-load_resistance_training_A_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis/links/59a005f645851508f105a32b/Strength-and-hypertrophy-adaptations-between-low-versus-high-load-resistance-training-A-systematic-review-and-meta-analysis.pdf

Load seems to affect which muscle fiber type grows the most, but "total" hypertrophy is not affected. 70% for strength, though.

You should follow Brad Schoenfeld on Facebook for regular posts about stuff like this.

I'm actually concerned For your health

You will have a life threatening or actual death in the next year if you continue on this current stupid pace you're on
That's the problem with steroids in the UK

since they're legal everyone like you just injects it without doing any research (or minimal)

im arrogrant only on Veeky Forums desu

>dr prescribed trt dose
>life threathening

Thanks for your concern makes me feel fuzzy to see others looking out for me