Audibooks

I've been on an audiobook kick lately. Post good audiobooks below or check to see if there's any you want.

A couple to start

the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
youtube.com/watch?v=s4coUPS6gBg

Moral Letters by Seneca
youtube.com/watch?v=cipdI3I1zb4

Other urls found in this thread:

librivox.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=ksVgOSJ_Kv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why don't you just read, fattie

Because audibooks are awesome, try audible. First month free and you get to keep the book forever.

Audiobooks > Music

Only fucking plebeians read anything besides Veeky Forums. These eyes are for mirin and Veeky Forums only

audible is so hungry for more traffic they are unironically paying for ads on a mongolian relationship support group because youtubers advertising your platform doesn't really work

Audible is only worth it if you lock yourself within their framework and buy only from them to get that 33% off

Who cares? I love audible. If only I wasn't so broke or it was 50% cheaper I'd subscribe. But spotify, netflix, hbo and all that shit adds up.

If you can get a hold of a usable .edu email you can get Spotify and Hulu for $5 a month. not a bad deal imo

It's nice but idk where to get a .edu email

Post on reddit /r/slavelabour and pay some broke freshman a couple dollars to use his email. But then you get the problem of not having access to the email for updates from the apps and are at his mercy

My local library is partnered with Hoopla and Overdrive which is how I get most of my audio books. Otherwise I'm torrenting or ripping from YouTube.

Just finished Atlas Shrugged last week. Read 'Shop Class as Soul Craft' by Matthew Crawford, 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley, and half of 'Norwegian Wood' by Lars Mytting this week.

Addendum: I'll occasionally borrow audio book CDs from the library and rip those if I can't find them any other way

Read or listened to?
Also if you have any rips or torrents can you please link? I'm hungry for audiobooks

Listened to I guess is more correct. I'm constantly driving for my job so I have nothing but time to listen to books and podcasts.

Lemme see what links I can dredge up for you.

librivox.org/

This is were I go for audio books, free and they have a lot of philosophy. The voices can be a little annoying because it is read by English fellows but I don't mind.

Librivox is like aliens took pity on us and gave us access to all our own knowledge. It is a godsend

Just downloaded The Strenuous Life from librivox last night

Just read a book faggot, and Language in Thought and Action by SI Hiyakawa is an excellent start into general semantics and improving your mental health by filtering the bullshit out of what people say, including yourself.

Sign up for you local community college, you'll get an email even if you don't register for classes

10x and be obsessed by grant cardone are good

I, Partridge

It's actually read by Steve Coogan

Skip the Stoic "I'm going to pretend the planning fallacy doesn't real" bullshit.

Tao of Pooh
youtube.com/watch?v=ksVgOSJ_Kv0

I literally have no idea what the planning fallacy has to do with liking stoicism, but am open to hearing why.

Also thanks I'll check it out

Nothing is more comfy (when it comes to audiobooks) when the person goes
"This is a librovox recording, all librovox recordings are in the public domain..senpai"

I'm gonna hear that sentence fifty years in the future and immediately break into tears

audio books are great for walking or jogin

I really don't like it because the quality is so random, some guys sound like utter garbage also. Had a guy with a Chinese accent read The Art of War by Sun Tzu

I actually know exactly what dude you're talking about because I tried to listen to it. Ended up borrowing a copy of it from my dad instead.
I agree that it can be a bit finnicky, but it's free and public domain recordings of important literature, there is an infinite amount to be gained from Librivox even if some doesn't work.

You get to keep the audiobooks you say? been thinking about taking some morning walks and listening to audiobooks while i walk. to try and get my retarded brain flowin.

do you recommend anything for someone who just started reading? or should i just pick a genre, and just fucking start one?

This is the best start to any day. I walk a half hour to work across campus and listen to various audiobooks or podcasts to get the noggin joggin

Because I listen to them while doing menial tasks or when I'm at work.

Read nonfiction, try reading various philosophers that seem interesting to be able to have well formed opinions on things. Read books by people you admire or are successful in fields that you are interested in.
I'm a neuroscience major so I read stuff by Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, and others, as well as some entrepreneurial books