/britfit/

Hello lads, welcome to the very first /britfit/ thread

This thread is really for any English or British people to talk about fitness and stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DvidfKMVEyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best UK gym chain? I vote xercise4less, not there any more but while I was the place was pretty descent and cheap as balls

>tfw chocolate digestives gave me the shits
digestives my arse. I can't squat now

Lad, what are you doing eating biscuits on legs day?

I am 30% fat

What should I do?

>what are archives
We've had brit/fit/s before you fucking newfag

shit I even made a couple myself

You might want to cut back on that a little

Sorry man, I dunno do I?

Eat less matey

>Bongs are occupying /r9k/ with their britfeel threads
>now they want to have my beloved Veeky Forums as well

Don't you have better things to do than taking over Veeky Forums? Solving pic related problem for example.

How about the britlads all get really fit and then use our muscles to kick out the muzzies?

I have intense social anxiety so can't do any public exercise. What equipment should I purchase for home use that won't disrupt my house mates or let them know that I'm exercising.
I don't want anyone to know. And yes it is that bad, I can't even use the toilet when someone else is in the house.

>I have intense social anxiety so can't do any public exercise

No, you have intense social anxiety and have chosen not to exercise in public.
The British stiff upper lip judges all and will not accept "can't".

It's this kind of attitude that means I don't venture outside.

This really is an excellent post

Well mate, I'm sorry to hear but it sounds like you have a pretty clear choice, stay instead and don't get better, or go outside and get better, there's no way to get over your problems without facing them head on

>not lifting so you can kick muzzie arse
never gonna make it, bruv

>Not lifting for Mosley
Never going to make it

I had them yesterday for my bi-weekly cheat meal

what do you lads get?
>steak and cheese baguette

sausage and bean melt of course

tranny cum

meat and taata pastie

I live in Londonistan, no Greggs on the regs :'(

Good lads

Shiting cunt

You push yourself to do it. At first it is uncomfortable, even painful. But you soon get better at it and you start to benefit from it with less of that dull general pain and uncomfortable feeling you get when things are crap.

What the fuck is this Greggs meme?

Every single fucking Dota 2 local city channel is talking about Greggs.

Anyway, post absolutely terrible gyms.

>cheap
>good amount of equipment
>air conditioned

what's wrong with The Gym?

>cheap
Sure.

>good amount of equipment
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Oh wait, you’re serious?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>air conditioned
Sure, why not.

Well sorting that out should be your first priority. If it's as bad as you describe then no amount of equipment will help because you need to be visiting the kitchen 10 times a day to obtain mass anyway. I'm a recovering agoraphobic too and it's hard as fuck but you gotta constantly and voluntarily expose yourself to the things that scare you or you won't ever change. Go for early morning walks when nobody else is around, practice making eye contact with the cashier, read a book or two on body language so you stop seeing people as inscrutable monsters.

Mine has 2 power racks with platforms and bumper plates, 2 squat racks and 2 benches so it aint bad

its basically where lunchladies go when they level up

Eat at a deficit, lift heavy

fucking hell you are a wet wipe

stop being a faggot, get yourself to a therapist and go to the gym

Bulk.

U wot m8? I go gym group and for £10 a month it's the on of the best gyms I've visited.

I quite like Nuffield Health ones, always clean and most people in them are decent. Good equipment, and they are always in good locations so you can abuse the parking

What the fuck?? Mine had:
>1 squat rack
>no benches
>no bumper plates
I later learned that they had a proper bench setup and bumper plates but kept them locked in a room those pieces of equipment were “for staff members only”.
>the plates are chipped and uneven, because they’re low quality
>the bars are bent, thick and low quality (32mm scrap metal, probably +\- 3kg accuracy)
>the power rack uprights are FUCKING MASSIVE -> benching feels terrible as the bar has to travel 5cm up and then 10cm horizontally to get in position. Good luck working close to your max.

Naturally, the power rack was overwhelmed, so they put up a ‘15-minute rule’ where if someone asks you how long you have, you have 15 min to finish. What if it’s 2 dudes, they get 30
min?

Never in my life have I ever wanted to impale bench-bros harder than my few long months training at “”””The Gym””””. God forbid I decide to lift on an afternoon on a working day. Since you log in and out with a code, you can see how long your sessions are. I could spend 3-3.5hour sessions, only 1-1.5 of which we’re lifting, just waiting for groups of Bench bros to finish with the squat rack so I can squat or bench myself. They only had 6 pairs of 20’s, so god forbid there were 2 people deadlifting/squatting at the same time, fortunately, most were dyels.

It was one of the only gyms I knew about in Kingston at the time. Just because your location has more equipment, doesn’t mean it’s of better quality, so it’s still one of the worst chains in ge Uk in my book. Also, this:

youtu.be/DvidfKMVEyw

Sounds like yours was just incredibly shit, mate. Mine also has two power racks, oly platform, two squat racks, two benches and much, much more. And the guy who works there was squatting 6pl8s yesterday. Decent gym imo, and for price value it's incredible, especially when you consider it's 24 hour. Maybe stop living in a shithole, you absolute faggot.

>Kingston upon Thames
>Shithole

Wew, lad.

Did the bar bend permanently after loading 6pl8, or is it already a boomerang?

>>Kingston upon Thames
really? I got a couple mates who go to the gym and i've never heard complaints
t. David Lloyds Masterrace

Why the fuck do you faggots need to make your own special snowflake general on our board. Fuck off.

I can reliably gauge that your friends are dyels, they probably Bench Press together (one of them is working on his traps, “spotting”), fucking around with machines and doing 20min cardio. I already have vivid visions of your Bench-bros.

Anyway, I actually have a friend at David Lloyd that gives me a guest pass from time to time, so I lift there every 6 weeks or so, and measure my BF% on the boditrax or whatever it’s called.

And yet they still took money from you. How the hell could you look at that and say, "cool, ill give this shit gym money"?

Kingston is genuinely shit. 90% non-white.

Ex gf is from Esher, parts of Kingston are footballer territory, other parts are Poundland tier. Strange place

t. 27% bodyfat "bulker"

Embrace it and lift like crazy, the fat should slowly come down a bit if your lifting is on point.

No more Friday night chippy teas though

>just lift bro
>Technogym Unicas start at £5k

TheGym I go to ain’t that bad. Was getting refurbed for 10days so got a week pass for PureGym down the road.

Pure Gym Pros
>More racks
>Heavier dumbbells
>Oly platform

Cons
>No fucking spare bars and clips. Want to do rows or diddys? Gotta take a bar off rack, which means the extra racks means fuck all
>Heavier dumbells yeah, but few duplicates. Some cunt using the 30s?.. yer fucked pal.

>Ham & Cheese baguette
>Meat & Potato pasty

“You want a drink with that for 20p?”
>yeah

I don't understand why PureGym don't have spare bars for DLs and rows. They must know that these exercises exist. Thankfully there is usually a rack/bench free whenever I want to do those exercises so I don't feel bad about inconveniencing anyone - but that's probably because I exercise late at night or early in the morning.

Because you always stare at the bars and uprights on inductions. I was it doesn’t get busy, i.e. I won’t usually have to weight because I can alternate with other dude-bros.

Area north of the train train station and close to Richmond is all right. In fact, Richmond Park is super comfy - posting OC.

Rude. 18%.

Richmond is a different borough.

> I was it doesn’t get busy
> I won’t usually have to weight
Do you speak English?

I also rate The Gym. £19.99 for a month and 24/7.
Tooting?

That video made me want to kill myself

It gripped my shit pal. Went back to my TheGym afterwards and happy where I am. 5 extra Oly Bars, 2 shorties, 2 EZs and a Trap Bar. Yeah there only 2 racks and 1 cage but fuck me it beats walking round the entire gym looking for the missing dumbell you need.

I was told*
Wait*
Also train*
Sorry, mein dude, posting from a phone.

>good posture

Personally enjoying PureGym desu. No staff, no help desk, only PTs and friendly people. Good equipment too

Red thai chicken bloomer and sausage rolls duh

Non britbong detected. They are dinner ladies in britbongistan, lunch ladies in the burger republic

Nah, Lewisham.

both are used, stop trying so hard
they probably are, havent actually seen them in a long time
next time you get a guest pass to DL check out their gym in raynes park ~25 mins bus + walk from the main bus station but its infinitely bigger, the bench and racks are always free and their swimming pools are fucking tight if your interested in that
nice deal man, my greggs' deals are shit

> tfw only slags in your uni gym today

where are all the qts I never want to see a slag again

no fuck off we dont need another pointless general

I think members can use any location, so that’s definitely an option to consider (we lift together).

Don’t know what valuable tip I can give you in return; if Raynes Park is your native location, you should try the Sweet Chilli or Katsu Curry with rice at Kokoro in Wimbeldon. It’s pretty good pre/post workout.

actually had kokoro the other day (sweet-chilli chicken, fucken epic) out on a limb cause i was jonesing for something oriental, will def check out katsu curry

tildes?