diognes.es/u/156
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm doing the 5x5 from the sticky. I like it

Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine

5x5 fan boy here.

Get the app and add accessories

Planks, paused bench, weighted press ups on bench day

Chin ups, close hand bench, curls on ohp day

SS is written by somebody with actual credentials.

doesn't fucking matter as long as you learn the lifts, work your whole body, and lift regularly

Also on 5*5 do 12 reps or to fail on the final set and keep progressing until you're only managing 5 on the final set.

With the accessories do 3*12 until you can't except chin up, weighted press up, curls and plank

save the complicated shit for when you're doing months-long periodization programs

Some people seem a bit averse to 5x5 and I wanted to know if it was based on something specific

SS is actually a really great routine for getting stronger quicker IF YOU READ THE FUCKING BOOK AND DO THE ACCESSORIES. no, Rippetoe isn't right about everything, and he can often be arrogant and acidic, but most of what Veeky Forums criticizes him for is actually stuff he already addresses in the book.

do your chin-ups, dips, and skullcrushers like Daddy Rippetoe says and you won't into t-rex mode. swap out power cleans for pendlay rows if you want. make sure to eat enough and you will get bigger and stronger

really, though, any 3 day a week full body routine that focuses on the Big 4 lifts and progressive overload will work great for a beginner. you just have to eat and lift consistently

doesn't matter if you stay consistent and read a book for SS

This. It's flexible enough to alter the volume as well

Suits me perfectly well. Ill read Starter Strength and make sure to eat enough + GOMADA and be consistent

personally, I really wouldn't want to do my fucking squat 5rm PR for five sets three times a week. It's fine when you're getting used to the lifts and your squat is like 115 lbs. But as you get stronger, that first set of five is going to get harder and harder.

I would just play it by ear. As long as you're powering through your 5x5, great. If you feel like you need to reduce the volume to 3x5 to keep progressing, then do that.

>dips, and skullcrushers

Oh sh-

Is that really in starting strength? I do muh chin ups but I don't do the others.

Don't start complicating things, now

*GOMAD

Yes. It's been a while since I read it, but he recommends that beginners start with just the main lifts, and then add accessories to balance everything out as they progress.

so technically if you aren't doing upper body accessories, YNDTP

I was on 5x5 for a while, but my rests got so goddamn long between sets (About 3-5 min. per working set) that I felt like I was spending too much of my time in the gym resting.

whatever u do dont squat every day and alternate the rest
thats fucking dumb idk why its allowed and who came up with it
still a fucking t rex 2 years after doing that
just do the same amount of volumes on all main lifts and some accessories

I'm on SS and I rest at least 7-8 mins between sets. Stay pleb

Lifts?

Squatting every session will:

>prevent leg DOMs
>give you proportions similar to a soccer player

Both are very good things

high bar squat: 70kg
bench press: 70kg
deadlift: 110kg
OHP: 48kg
chin-ups: BW (73kg) +14kg added
dips: BW +16kg added
all 3x5 and counting the bar

I just re-started recently, I actually did SS from january to july but I only added 2kg per week instead of per workout and a bunch of other mistakes like resting only 3-5 minutes between sets. I don't have the book so I didn't know the nature of the program. My lifts were higher when I had to left in july, for example bench 94kg, OHP 60kg, 2x8 pull-ups 20kg added (and I weighted 80kg), and dips 2x8 30kg added

>squat same as bench
>110 dl
>7-8 minutes between sets
wew lad
Maybe if you spent that extra rest time lifting you'd advance a bit faster :^)

adding 2kg per workout the squat will be higher than the bench in just a few weeks

Do 5/3/1 w/ joker sets, and bbb 5x5 80%

Start too light
Progress too slowly

Does anyone have that Veeky Forums mountain goat meme? I saw it once and forgot to save it

i'm a fat baggy noob, and i found this

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

it intrigues me more than this fucking "starting strength" faggot shit. just look at the guy who wrote the book. he's a fat strong bitch ass. i don't want to be a big ole daddio like that motherfucker. i just think its a whole waste of time when people recommend me bullshit like SS

This DESU

Work your whole body and lift heavy thats all that matters.

5/3/1 is a shit program with not enough volume and frequency

You know 5/3/1 isnt a set in stone program. There are different variations with different volume and frequency right? Full body full boring features 3x weekly squat bench and deadlift.

do SS but replace squats with bench/ohp and do some accessories
So do a whole different program

For a man?
Calisthenics plus a curlbro routine
For a woman?
Calisthenics plus a basicbitch cardiobunny routine

PPL

Buy Starting Strength and read the book.

Practice good form.

Buy the StrongLifts app and use it to track progress. Add some verticle pulling after deadlifts (I use 2x10 supine lag pulldowns).

Do rows instead of power cleans.

Do 5x5 until the app recommends you do warmups, then change it to 3x5 worksets.

If possible, lower the squat increments to 2.5 lbs a workout, but keep everything else at 5 lb jumps.

Smolov. That's the only good program for beginners.

Dips are allowed as a bench press substitute.

The lying triceps extension (more range of motion than "skull crushers") is an assesory best left for intermediate training.

Chin-ups and the glute/ham raise are to be added as you progress in "the program."

THE 156 ROUTINE

diognes.es/u/156

always a good ppl

You mean the goat tower vs a blowjob?

It literally doesn't matter as long as you use good form on non-retarded lifts and hit each muscle group with a vaguely reasonable frequency. You get noob gains without even trying, beginner programs are for introducing proper form and awareness, e.g. muscle activation, what muscle fatigue feels like vs. what an injury feels like, etc.