Joint Health General

Let's talk knee health, Veeky Forums

Are you currently ailing? Have you had knee pain/tightness/soreness and were able to resolve it?

Come share so other anons can benefit

Scooby has a little video about patella femoral syndrome

Foam rolling quads, buying proper shoes and resting when you fuck your shit up.

My latest fuck up was listening to KStarr and adopting a more foot forward position in my squat. Looked fine, felt fine, put additional torque on my knees and hips like expected.

Except that torque ended up causing excessive tightness in my vastus medialis and I started having pain right above the knee. Tightness gave me pain squatting and caused issues when walking and sitting for prolonged periods.

Some user recommended cycling (which helped a ton) and adjusting my foot position back to being in-line with my knees solved the issue. A little rolling with a lacrosse ball and the form fix put it all back in place.

I have pain in my left knee when walking up stairs. what do?

Where is your pain relative to your kneecap?

Anyone had knee pain from running, cycling and squatting?
Been stuck with this for 2 years now and no help from 3 differents doctors.
I've been stretching daily with no result.

slightly above it.

It's probably tightness in your quads causing the issue. Try straightening your leg, relaxing it, and digging your thumbs in to find areas of tenderness. Roll on a lacrosse ball and really dig into those areas for relief.

i got my knee fucked to shit when cops slammed me on the ground and billy clubed me till the knocked me out. Couldnt walk up or down the stairs properly for like a week. It doesnt bother me now 3 month later but i keep knocking that knee into things and it fucking hurts cos its still sensitive

5kIU Vit D + 100mcg Vit K2 + Fish Oil + Foam Rollan + Yoga helped tendonitis in my knees

squatting helps me knees a lot. in fact, if I don't squat I have knee pain.

>squatting helps me knees a lot. in fact, if I don't squat I have knee pain.

this for every part of my body

when i stop going to the gym i start falling apart

pain everywhere, back, neck and joints

Same. Why is that?

My hip joints are always sore. I switched to lunges instead of squats and that helped while actually lifting (probably because hip ROM is less) but day to day they are still creaky.
It's partly tight hip flexors (should do couch stretch) but also the joint itself.

when you say hip joints, do you mean the actual joint or the surrounding musculature? Does it feel deep inside or external?

Hello anons.
I've had a knee cartilage damage issue.('osteochondral injury to medial facet of patella with full thickness chondral defect' is what it says on the report to be precise).
I get pain in my knee if I flex it/run and it makes clicking sounds.
The doc recommended leg extensions (something I've never done) isn't this bad advice?
What should I do?
Don't want to lose a bunch of strength because of a layoff

Berberine is good for your joints, helps control inflammation.
t. Examine.com

Leg extensions sound fine. You can do sideways step ups (not even kidding) and focus on contracting your quad to test it out. RDLs would be good to add in too.

Bilateral knee pain for 4 years now, 21 yo. Went to different sport physicians and took an MRI, they "didn't find anything" (everyone blamed it on me still growing).
Sometimes I'm able to hike for a whole day without pain but sometimes I'm dying even lying in my bed/sitting, even with my leg extended.

Shit is real suffering

no but my quads overtower my knees a bit kinda weird

look into trigger point therapy

you unconsciously tighten your quadriceps (may be due to extended periods of sitting, or same position) and it can cause a "soreness" that will keep you up at night.

not even kidding, I deal with the same thing. check out "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Davies and Davies

I have good flexibility in calves, hamstrings, quads and hips and do myofascial release on myself the whole time.

It can't be that this is the case

My left knee clicks on my way up from squats, there's never any pain or anything but is this bad? Also there's tightness in my right knee just below the kneecap after leg press.

can you do this

Don't listen to that mobility douche. Those kinds of guys just spout buzzwords non-stop trying to sound educated and hoping people won't question them. If you believe those assholes no-one should do even a single body weight squat without 5 "mobility screens" and months of corrective exercise.

Yes, I literally do that

knees are a tough, stable joint. they don't require particular attention. foam roll muscles above and below the joint, and mobilize the hip and ankle.

idk brah, what helps it?

It might sound retarded, but actually nothing or sometimes extending the knee
I have yet to find a correlation/improvement from anything I do. My diet is very good too and I never used bad form on squat/deadlifts (all PTs told me they never saw that good depth/form) but I havent squatted/DLed in 4 years due to shit

>Osgood schlatters kicked in at 15
>Seen physiotherapist for months
>No improvement
>Now 19 and both knees still suffer from it
What do lads, I was told it would subside in a year.

> tough, stable joint
> don't require particular attention
> but do make sure to roll over a piece of foam and "mobilize" shit

My experience with knee shit is that there doesn't seem to be fucking anything that is really proven to help, everyone's eager to sell you snake oil and doctor's have no fucking clue. Just try some things, avoid other things and see what works. For me, avoiding shit with impact like jogging and highly repetitive movements while doing heavy low-rep squats made things better.
Of course then I fucked over my back at some point.

if i do the weekly Phrakture exercises is that sufficient? should i be doing more to be proactive? starting to foam roll post workout now, seems to shorten recovery

This actually give some relief for my knee pain.
What should I look into? Tight quad?

Feels like the ball-and-socket grinding. Not like literal "hear it crackle" grinding, but definitely feels like the center of the joint is where the feeling is coming from.

that's your psoas

have you tried banded joint distraction?

>have you tried banded joint distraction?

No but I'll google it now

I'm 30 and I've noticed my knees crack a lot whenever I get up from a position where they were bent over 90 degrees or even less if there's any weight on them.

I've never ever felt any pain but the noise is very very worrisome, at times it sounds like pop rocks.

I stopped squatting and even stopped deadlifting to avoid hearing that cracking under load.

I noticed that quad extensions don't cause any cracking with a moderate weight so I think I'll just do those for my legs and call it a day, who cares.

>doesn't know the difference between working the hips and ankles and working the knees

y u so stupid?

rectus femoris is all it stretches. you can just grab a $3 rolling pin from walmart, massage/release the RF directly, and save yourself the interaction with that balding hyperactive retard.

If it's just popping, it's synovial fluid. Are you warming up? What causes you worry?

M A G N E S I U M

A

G

N

E

S

I

U

M

I am healthy now and 19. What can I do to maximize my joint health for the rest of my life while still doing lots of running, hiking, etc.

Anyone had to stop doing leg completely for an extended period of time to heal a knee problem?

Was doing a 3.25pl8 deadlift like 3-4 months ago and ever since my left knee right under the kneecap has been hurting. I had to stop squatting and doing dead lifts. Any idea bros?