Sulla was the best Roman

Prove me wrong

Attached: DE732B49-D297-42EB-AEE8-4A69DBA6DDC5.jpg (1200x1830, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hx66LWV-CCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many times are you going to keep making this thread you dumb Sullacuck?

Until you remember

That Marius is superior to Sulla? No one forgot that.

>gives up power thinking he'll be the last dictator for life
>all he does is inspire a new generation go repeatedly up the ante

Cato the Elder exists

Attached: DDBA1D5E-7901-4539-A46D-CCF1E601BFC6.jpg (519x668, 60K)

Faggot

But Sulla is unironically the fag.

>destroys a civilization 4thelulz
Literally /ourguy/

Sulla fucked mad bitches once he stepped down
That’s why he was Sulla Felix

>Sulla fucked mad bitches (male)

He would face fuck a bitch ass nigga like you

Move over

Attached: 1200px-Caracalla_MAN_Napoli_Inv6033_n01.jpg (1200x1600, 277K)

>not seven times consular champion back to back like Marius
>didn't genocide Germanic tribes like Marius
>didn't overhaul the Roman military like Marius did so GOAT that soldiers were known as Marius' donkeys
>didn't scare an angry Celtic champion so bad the guy pissed himself when confronted with a middle aged Marius strapped to a charge
>didn't set the precedent to save the republic but actually destroyed it
Sulla a shit.

>Marius does delusional that Sulla was coming to get him
Marius shit

All of that was before Marius became a senile coot.

No

What?
At least he wasn't a faggot and Rome wouldn't have lasted without his reforms or saving the Republic twice over from Germanic tribes ass-raping the Romans before he took command of the legions. Mithridates wasn't a remote threat to Rome's existence like the Germanics were.

What?

When Sulla marched into Rome, Marius fled Italy like a pussy and went to Africa. He only came back to Rome when Sulla was absent and started killing his friends.

This. Marius corruptedly (though I'll admit that it was very typical by this point) used a tribune of the plebs to literally strip the senate of its members until there wasn't even a quorum, then used the assembly of plebs to award Sulla's command against Mithridates to himself.

Not only was Marius being a selfish jealous cunt here, but also senile and irrational and destructive. The campaign belonged by right to Sulla, who was senior consul for the year, and in much better health than Marius who had by this point suffered two strokes, one that completely incapacitated him at a critical moment during the Social War.

So what does this decrepit old general do? Not rest on his laurels and enjoy his dotage as a hero, he wants to fuck everything up and thought that Sulla would take it lying down. Not our golden boy, Sulla said fuck that, as consul my duty is to deliver the city from the enemy force occupying it.

So Marius ran for Africa like a punk and only slithered back after Sulla left to deal with a REAL problem affecting all Romans, the loss of the wealthy East to Mithridates. He could have gone to Africa to catch and annihilate Marius, but there were more important fish to fry than a by-then personal feud and existential threat to Sulla's power. Sulla cared about Rome, Marius only cared about his own ego.

Attached: Sulla.jpg (2391x4250, 2.57M)

sulla is far and away the most underrated roman.

Sulla gets points in my book just for burning down that faggy academy at Athens and making Greeks cry.

I'm not sure about ancient times user, but it sure doesn't take much to make Greeks cry nowadays

I don't think todays greeks are the same as the old ones though, they're like a bad sequel nobody asked for. I don't have anything against Greeks 3 (Eastern Roman Empire was Greeks 2), it's original flavor greeks that I don't like.

>ywn live in a world where Sulla killed Caesar

Best Roman was Aurelian

He was cool, but he wasn't a Sulla
Truly we live in a doomed world
Really? The original Greeks did quite a bit, and the sheer amount and variety of sources we have on them means that their stories are what makes their time period knowable and fascinating. Greece today lives off of tourism and whoring its past out and whining about Turks and Germans and gay people, fuck even Greeks in the US whose parents or grandparents came here annoy me with their history whoring.

>A delegation from Athens was sent to treat with Sulla, but instead of serious negotiations they expounded on the glory of their city. Sulla sent them away saying: “I was sent to Athens, not to take lessons, but to reduce rebels to obedience.”

Such a badass.

>yfw you live in a world where literal butt-hurt Sullafags make up fanfiction and try to justify why everyone else hates him to save face
Oh wait we do live in said world.

t. Iouanniunous Paupaudoupoulous

t. homosexual pedophilic optimate cuckhold who ruined the SPQR then wondered why people loved the Julia clan and worship Caesar, Augustus, and Marius

I know he would. That's my point.

That makes you a fahgot

Sulla and Caesar were the most based Romans.

How based can one man be?

>Sulla said fuck that, as consul my duty
>muh dootie

Sulla was an optimatiitard and therefore a slave to the rich corrupt senators, who were fucking over the people of Rome. Just imagine how big of a cuck you have to be to still defend such a monumental shitlord 2000 years later.

He certainly had the best last words.

Attached: sullaquote.jpg (850x400, 43K)

Despicable, absolutely disgusting. Which makes Sullacucks on this board even more pathetic.

>tfw no one ever praises the truly based Gracchi bros and instead sucks the cock of a literal oligarch shill

you disappoint me, /his

>Picking anyone other the Father of all Romans

Attached: Mars.jpg (576x768, 131K)

There are no good Romans.

the "based gracchi bros" that the senate illegally killed?

you cant be prove wrong. Sulla was based.

Yes, because they wanted to distribute lands to the poor and give citizenship to all Italians living outside Rome.

Sounds like some communism shit

>Sulla wants to fuck me
>That makes me a faggot
???

>give lands to the veterans, who fought for Rome and their families
>NO IT'S GOMMUNISM! LITERALLY MARXISM! CAN'T HAVE THAT, FUCK THE POOR, FUCK THE RULES, LET'S KILL THE TRIBUNE OF THE PLEBS!
> ~100 years later: OYUS VEYUS, WHY THESE POORFAGS SUPPORT THAT SHITLORD CAESAR?!

also

>giving citizenship to all people in cities outside of Rome is somehow bad
>despite the fact that they were fighting alongside Romans
>FUCKING ALLIES HOW DARE THEY DEMAND CITIZENSHIP JUST BECAUSE THEY FIGHT SIDE BY SIDE WITH US?! LET'S KILL THEM ALL!
>after the Social war: yeah, okay have your citizenship, no big deal

Sullatardian optimatiicuck logic

>Sulla dominates a little bitch like you
>youtu.be/hx66LWV-CCk

Bellona wanted his Dick. But as a Godess of War, she could only express her love through Victory. At least that's my Headcanon

>lets Julius Caesar live despite acknowledging he's basically Marius 2.0

Did he really say that?

Perhaps that was one of his repayments to one of his friends. He did only let Caesar live because his friends advocated for him.

THAts what my nigga Dan Carlin said

This is proof of how dumb Sullafags truly are.

SHUT YOUR hoe ass up