Tryna eat healthy and shit

Tryna eat healthy and shit.
How much salt should I use when I cook?
Should I be using any at all?
I cooked today and made 400g chicken breast with 3 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/we-eat-a-lot-of-salt-but-scientists-say-there-are-good-reasons-for-that/2015/05/04/69ff7058-c806-11e4-a199-6cb5e63819d2_story.html
scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/07/paleotards-are-doing-it-wrong-part-deux.html?zx=dcfe36a681670941
nytimes.com/2017/05/08/health/salt-health-effects.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1g/lbs of body weight.

per day?

Per meal.

as much as you can tolerate

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/we-eat-a-lot-of-salt-but-scientists-say-there-are-good-reasons-for-that/2015/05/04/69ff7058-c806-11e4-a199-6cb5e63819d2_story.html

as little as possible

I use 1 tblsp olive oil for cooking 500g chicken breast. No need for more

wrong

Don't ever add salt. As long as you're eating clean, you will get enough through your foods, usually 1200mgs per day

You eat as much salt as you want bro just don’t forget to eat potassium

idk
i was just following what the youtube tutorial told me to do, but i was wondering if it was too much myself

i made a little bit of chicken with no salt on the side as well
dude the taste is a world of difference
how tf are you supposed to make saltless chicken taste good?

>how tf are you supposed to make saltless chicken taste good?
I'm used to eat a saltless diet and I just love the smell of chicken burning on a pan

There's a million other spices. No salt seasoning from Costco is fantastic, but I prefer to pepper my chicken or go with a classic lemon/cumin mix

the smell ok
it's the taste im worried about

well i used pepper and garlic powder and it still tasted like shit
i'll try lemon/cumin, how much should i use?
ill see if i can cop that no salt too

The taste of chicken is good. I'm not a picky eater when it's meat, I just love it raw, rare, well done without or with spices

scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/

fuck dude, i mean i wish i had the same taste buds as you
>tfw tonguelet

wtf is with these bullshit articles

Dont fall for the obsessive Veeky Forums memes bro, salt and olive oil are what makes food taste good and their "cons" make no difference irl. You're on the right track t b h

All these clowns who fell for big salt propaganda

There is enough salt in food naturally. If you're drinking a lot of water (over 2ltrs a day) then you can add a little salt to your food. Only a pinch mind.

Everyone here is such a fag
A) even a tiny bit of salt will make almost any fish taste better. You’re not even actually supposed to use enough to where you taste it profoundly anyway
B) salt is good for you, ESPECIALLY if you’re working out and drinking a lot of water. You need it so your heart DOESNT FUCKING STOP BEATING

Salt ruins flavors though

Its not bs at all, salt is good for you, if you have hypertension there are loads of other reasons why.

>How much salt should I use when I cook?
if it tastes bland you used too little
if it tastes overly salty you used too much

i swear, retards worrying about pussy shit like this are fucking embarrassing

>oy vey i might have eaten half a gram of salt! what a holocaust! how can i ever recover! better go on a detox diet for two months now!

pathetic pussy bitches lmao

salt isn't bad for you

but doesn't it increase bodyfat/water weight
my end result is to look cut

Salt is essential but eating high amounts everyday can be unhealthy. eat like 1.5k mininum and 3-4k max also eat potassium to equal it out.

>
This so fucking much. Lift hard and eat well, it'll all balance out

>but doesn't it increase bodyfat
'No'
>water weight
Yes

Well Im a chemist student and I took a subject in my uni that's about idk how to describe it "chemistry and modern diet issues".
There was an article about a 15 years survey and in the end salt was not even close to related to any heart attacks. I even remember my prof saying "I don't even know why they blame salt. They don't want us to eat tasty food?"
One thing I learned from that lesson is that when there is something the big food corps wanna hide they ll find something else to blame. So the salt myth is prob just hiding something else.
As the other guy said eat as much as you can like.

salt is fine in moderation.

If you are doing a water cut to get on stage, then yea you probably want to cut down your salt intake to get rid of waterweight in your skin.

Otherwise, just season your food to your taste, everything is ok in moderation.

haha well i wanted to look cut all the time, idk
i guess i just feel i'm not a very attractive person, i'm 5'8 in height and about a 7 in the face, so i felt like maybe getting cut could really help my case

GOSAD desu

Salt is flavor, Desu. The unless you prefer the flavor of plain chicken breast?

>How much salt should I use when I cook?
>Should I be using any at all?
>Too much?
No
These , ,
They're not bullshit
>And as for salt, which Audette rails against in a manner so prolific it rivals the Westboro Baptist Church's hatred of the homosexuals, it's not only necessary, but critical.
>"Certain isolated groups in areas such as Brazil, Papua New Guinea, and rural African communities have been found to live on sodium intakes of as little as 1150 mg per day. However, despite finding generally low blood pressure in these remote communities, the little evidence that exists on these low salt societies suggests shorter life expectancy and higher mortality rates" (Kresser).
>Paleo authors will often rail against sodium intake, suggesting that paleolithic man consumed less sodium than is recommended by the government to maintain optimal health. Apparently, however, they lack access to Wikipedia. Wild animals, of whom our ancestors were a part, utilize natural "salt licks" to maintain healthy bone and muscle growth. These mineral licks are so important to wildlife that they're illegally used to bait animals for hunting, and even the Vikings mentioned them prominently in their mythology. According to Norse mythology,
>"In Norse mythology, before the creation of the world, it was the divine cow Audhumla who, through her licking of the cosmic salt ice, gave form to Buri, ancestor of the gods and grandfather of Odin. On the first day as Audhumla licked, Buri's hair appeared from the ice, on the second day his head and on the third his body" (Wikipedia)
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>In other words, no matter what the paleo authors might say, they're fucking morons- salt is important in your diet. Nevermind seasonings, which have been used since time immemorial- you need to salt your food. The issue with salt isn't too much salt- it's an imbalance in your salt and potassium intake. Prehistoric man ate a hell of a lot more potassium than we did, which kept their electrolytes balanced and kept them hydrated.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2015/07/paleotards-are-doing-it-wrong-part-deux.html?zx=dcfe36a681670941

I've got some salty licks for Audhumla ;)

>Doc, how much salt should I eat per day? I'm concerned I might be eating too much or too little
>In Norse mythology, before the creation of the world, it was the divine cow Audhumla who, through her licking of the cosmic salt ice, gave form to Buri, ancestor of the gods and grandfather of Odin. On the first day as Audhumla licked, Buri's hair appeared from the ice, on the second day his head and on the third his body
>T-thanks

kek

i dont know bro
the Brazil, Papua New Guinea, and rural African thing sounds like bullshit, that could be attributed to so many things other than salt intake.

Also I want to look cut
But out of interest, how exactly would i increase potassium intake.
Eat bananas? Those shits are full of sugar and I'm thinkin of cutting those out too (I eat 1 a day)

Whatever you do do not listen to those fucks
You need the iodine in salt to prevent botulism
unless you eat a lot of fish
otherwise do not stop eating salt

mate, im just tryna look cut, and stay healthy
what's the best way to do that

SALT ISNT BAD
Everything in moderation bros
Obviously if you want to cut back on water weight cut back on salt but if you start getting light headed and feel low blood pressure then you cut back too much.
Anything processed will have a lot of salt

spinach and sweet potatoes have more potassium than bananas my guy. Also don't neglect magenesium either. You can't supplement potassium through pills more than 50mg a pill but you sure as hell can with magnesium. Alongside all that drinking enough water to make sure that you're making use of all your electrolytes.

ok, so now i get that there is a certain amount of salt that you need per day
is there an agreed upon figure of how much that is? right now i'm just holding out hope that it's less than what i'm having now, so that i can still look slimmer

As much as you like

You won't kill yourself with fucking cooking salt, the people with excessive salt intakes are the ones that eat fucking fast food fries and thai food every day

i always season after i finish cooking so the salt doesn't get absorbed into the food while its cooking. therefore i end up using way less because i can get the salty flavour without having to put heaps in.

ok, well i want as little as healthily possible do you know how much that would be

Get some no salt seasoning and cook with stuff like onions, garlic, and ginger for taste. It’s good for you, smells good, and tastes good.

12g

not even kidding

nytimes.com/2017/05/08/health/salt-health-effects.html

what exactly in that article suggests that 12g is ideal?

If you are dumb enough to jump on the high salt bandwagon you deserve all of the problems you will probable have down the road, just like the keto fags.