2010+7

>2010+7
>still doing dips

It kills your elbows AND shoulders. When will this meme exercise finally die?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/dips-youre-doing-them-wrong
gbpersonaltraining.com/7-popular-exercises-you-must-avoid/
youtu.be/p_jdDeqa1rw
youtube.com/watch?v=Qel-dXUsozw
youtube.com/watch?v=MEW8HcbgNIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dips singlehandedly made me ripped. Are you actually retarded?

>1008.5 x 2
>OP still being a fucking dyel shit

Some people aren't built for dips. If you can do them then you absolutely should.

Lol enjoy not being able to lift your groceries at 55

Most people aren't buildt for dips.... Only the vast minority of people get away from the exercise workout lasting damages

Most people think they aren't built for dips because they can't take a little discomfort

>this poison may kill you but if it won't you should abseloutly take it

>t. diplet

I've only tried doing dips twice and both times it immediately felt like continuing would've been bad news for my shoulders. Trying one of them dip machines with less than bodyweight felt pretty nice, though. Is it worth working up on those and then switch to bodyweight and eventually weighted dips? Did that for pull-ups too.

ur doing dips wrong
t-nation.com/training/dips-youre-doing-them-wrong

gbpersonaltraining.com/7-popular-exercises-you-must-avoid/

>replacing dips with narrow pushups
>deadlifts are safer than hamstring curls
What a peace of shit list

>current year
>not doing upper-body squats

t. weak ass pussy strenubm bitch ass NIbBA

>current year
>thinking your arms go back when you upper-body squat

do you squat knees forward, kiddo?

Bad analogy, dips aren't poison unless you are a shoulderlet in which case you should spare your son the shitty genes and get a vascectomy. A better analogy is:
>Some people are allergic to peanuts. If you aren't you should eat them because they are top tier bulking food

non meat based sources of protein are less efficient at MPS tho

>vast minority

>Tfw dips feel great, have a great burn, and never hurt, aside from DOMS

master race reporting, apparently

same here
and i do them like retard sometimes and i have ape arms

my tested 1rm is 45kg added weight, my belt tore when i went for 50kg

It has killed my wrist too btw.

Nice.

I don't have a belt, so bodyweight, but I can just keep going, and going, and going.

I think my last time to failure was like 28, and I think I could have done a few more, but I was holding up my partner

>having such shit genetics you can't dip
kys desu

Getting fit and strong is easily obtained with a vegan diet

i can do like 15 bodyweight, never really tried for it
im 87kg

watch this retardation
youtu.be/p_jdDeqa1rw

i know i look like dyel 6'2 with ape long arms

I said bulking food, not source of protein
And the only reason they are less efficient is that legumes (inc. peanuts) lack X essential amino acid while grains lack Y (I think it's lysine in grains and methionine in legumes). If you eat both MPS is equal to meat

How do I fix light to moderate pain in my wrists?

only boys with storng forearm can handle it pussy

Uhm I thought that "muh superior meat based protein" meme was dead

If dips bother your shoulders, don't do them. Some people just get irritated by them. I stopped doing them after pulling a pec muscle for the second time. I got up to BW+90lbs for sets of five. The injury actually happened while warming up each time, possibly from going too low or diving into the bottom by rushing the warm ups. I think they're a great exercise but it's not worth the risk for me. Just like anything in the gym, respect the potential hazards and dial it back if you don't feel right afterwards.

You have to eat more to get the same amount of protein tho. Non meat based sources of protein are literally inferior for MPS and all the people who claim otherwise are roided out their minds or look like dogshit.

What's wrong with rocking/swinging while doing dips provided it causes you no physical issues and you don't lack core stability, you just prefer doing it this way? It seems like it would be more challenging, if anything, the rocking motion would make the eccentric harder, provided you properly control and aren't dive bombing to the bottom. I've heard people say not to do this but I've never actually read a single valid reason why. Obviously you could only do this on bodyweight dips, a plate swinging between legs is a no.

worth the $50?

what do you do in place? how do they compare to dips?

>Bench stagnating around 220ish for 5s
>Decide I need more volume
>add dips, 3x8 at bodyweight
>Rhomboids/scapulae sore as everloving fuck the next day
>Back and shoulders feel fucking amazing
>Bench is easy now

Don't knock em til you try em.

incline resistance band push ups

Like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qel-dXUsozw

HAHAHAHA The number two rule

>2. Get tall. Focus on getting tall

Grow grow grow, Manlets btfo yet again

Don't forget you shouldnt touch your chest during bench press

Yeah, and they thow in a cracked sternum for free, just have to use it a couple times

Put two chairs together, you dweeb.

i'm not a manlet subhuman, so that's not going to work.

Basically I rock my hips back so that it's easier to accentuate the chest dip motion (think: hips rock back, chest moves forward) and I rock my hips forward on the way back up, all in a fluid gentle swinging motion. I do them on a Y style dip bar, so I can't swing too much. It feels easier on my shoulders with the swinging motion.

Just buy wraps. Wraps change my lifting completely. I have gear in my left wrist from an accident and it was always bothering me even with good wrist form on push exercises. Now I wrap and 0 wrist problems.

Kippings dips?

Other than it takes effort out of the lift and makes it easier, nothing.

There's no upward pumping of the legs, just rocking back/forth, no kipping.
I mean other than stabilizing the core, how does it take less effort? Having your chest quickly come forward makes controlling the eccentric more challenging. Like a plyometric push up.

Why not just keep the same angle throughout the rep and set then switch it up for other sets? Do five sets at one angle then five more at another angle.

I can do 85kg+45kg for 5. 50kg added is a bitch

>Most people find they cannot go as deep as the chest.
Most people believe in spot fat reduction.

I do always do it from the same angle. When my chest can't come further, I dip. I already explained the reason I prefer this rocking motion is it feels more natural to me, it's easier to get my shoulders in a natural position.

in on retard dyel doesnt know how proper form thread

youtube.com/watch?v=MEW8HcbgNIs

What's wrong with doing dips this way?

how much do you weigh?

How do you even manage to balance yourself doing single handed dips? I call bullshit.

Spoken like a true manlet. Your 5'5 stature wouldn't understand my superior height and wingspan, and how that affects the leverages on my lifts and makes my shoulder more vulnerable. So suck my cock bitch

>vast minority

See, he's so ripped he bends the laws of physics to his will. When will we ever achieve true greatness and understand how he does it.

Is it autistic to do dips with a heavy dumbbell between my feet and then set it down and continue the set when I can't do the extra weight anymore?

Hmm.. so is it the chad dip?