TAGS: THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING GENERAL

Who skateboards here? anyone wanna talk about skateboarding general? Gear, setup, tips etc.

i'm using skateboarding as a fun accessory to lose weight, but fuck dam learning how to ollie takes the breath out of you. how do i learn how to ollie over shit? i can barely ollie over cracks on my sidewalk

You have to jump with the ollie and bring your knees up

always makes me wonder how much i could pop now with all this lifting, used to Manny good as. Well

you fucking autist where the fuck are the mods

bruh its fit related, its literally cardio

i've noticed i can pop much higher but i think thats due more to progression then lifting. but then again i've gained like 10 lbs these past 3 months of lifting

how do i get into skating safely? i had a skater friend throughout school and i think he broke almost every finger in both his hands by the end of highschool

Learn to fall safely, wear padding and some jeans.

learn how to just cruise around first. if you're comfortable just cruising you'll be completely comfortable bailing out. i still feel a bit awckard riding but hopefully i'll be settled in within a month or so

What is the point of skating if you care about safety, use a helmet that is it. Breaking bones and getting hurt is part of the game.

You're not a real skater if you didn't have a major injury like a head trauma or a broken limb

>i'm using skateboarding as a fun accessory to lose weight, but fuck dam learning how to ollie takes the breath out of you.
Oldfag here. Haven't skated in the longest time but it was my life back in high school. With that said, I can't say that I ever saw it as a good way to lose weight because it is SO fucking difficult to do anything when you are past a certain bodyweight. Skating is one of those things that fit people can use to stay in shape but just fucking skating a curb is exhausting if you are out of shape.

I didn't start skating until I was 14 and I was always a big, tall kid. I was a lean 175 lb at 6'1 and skating was much, much easier at that weight than it was when I got up to 190 lb a year later. By the time I was 205 lb at 6'3, it was like my feet were made of lead. Stuff just got really fucking difficult after a while. It's hardly any surprise that most of the best skaters in the world are skelly manlets (or Auschwitz mode lanklets).

Anyway, my advice is to get in shape first, then learn how to skate. It's a completely different world when you're even 15 lb heavier than you absolutely need to be.

>how do i learn how to ollie over shit?
What size shoe do you wear? Also, post your height, weight, inseam and size deck/truck/wheels and I'll try to walk you through it. But basically, if you're a fat fuck, it's gonna be god damned tough. You've been forewarned.

tfw in my youth i learnt everything skating goofy but still used my right leg to push myself around

its impossible to break this habit now

disgusting

>tfw you see some mallgrabber walk out of the gas station
>tfw he pushed mongo
>tfw his deck didn't have a single scratch
>tfw he bailed after only going 10 feet
The absolute state of skating now is depressing. Everyone used to just skate, no one cared about keeping up an image or doing it for attention, at least where I grew up that's how people were. That and longboarders. I can't stand them, calling themselves 'skaters' and acting like they're better than actual skaters. If I didn't live 20 miles outside of the nearest town I'd be out shredding every night.
also this. I have never met a fat, tall, or chubby skater.

captcha: asse more

No that feel to well, Just wanna got out and SHRED some GNAR GNAR but these posers be pushing around all MONGO in there Thrasher tee's.

calm the fuck down sperglord

skated for 10 years. stopped once i graduated college. was a filmer for the local skateshop too. got pretty good.

First the 16 years old martial arts general fags and now 16 year old skateboard fags...

>>/asp/

>Never seen a tall skater
Sean Pablo, Dylan Reider, Ben Nordberg.
Sean is 6'2/3, Dylan was 6'1 and Ben is 6'1.

not everyone that skates is 16

Present your deck

I like rollerblades better

>he's a fruitbooter

dw breh, Koston pushes mongo

>forgetting the bossman Reynolds

you sound like you suck